Author Topic: KG: "I don't have Ray Allen's number anymore"  (Read 16254 times)

Re: KG: "I don't have Ray Allen's number anymore"
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2012, 07:23:29 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I like how he answered something like how he can't fault Ray for doing what he wants for his family, but that personally he's not going there on his feelings. He basically thinks Ray is a b**** for going to them if you read between the lines.
Did he say that?  I really would like to know how this is better for Ray's family. He is making less money and he is farther away from them. Sounds to me like it's better for Ray's ego, but not necessarily his family.  He may get another ring cheering on LeBron.  He gets to play more golf down there.  What does his family get?

If you think I am questioning his judgement on his personal decision, I AM. But heck this is just a message board and Ray probably isn't reading it anyway.

Fink.
Yep, took that as a bit of sarcasm myself.

"I don't have Ray's number anymore," said Kevin Garnett when asked if he has spoken to Allen since the offseason.

"I have no problem when someone makes a decision that's the best for him and his family,"

Sure you can't fault a guy for doing what's best for family.  Those things include:
- taking more pay to play elsewhere,
- turning down better options to stay close to family,
- choosing to stay close to a paticular Dr. for your child's condition, etc etc.

Of course, those weren't any of Ray's reasons... 

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2012, 07:32:27 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
naw....me neither.

check the phone book under da "A" as in...

Arnold ... Ray Benedict

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2012, 07:41:10 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I love KG for life.  Realest

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2012, 07:59:35 PM »

Kiorrik

I wonder if Flo deleted his number too.

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2012, 08:12:06 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
KG also said, he can't share his TRUE feelings about Ray's decision, even though he wishes Ray no ill will. Said he's only worried about the new guys and specifically mentioned Jet and Lee  and that is all he's worried about (the team and who is here NOW)during the Ray talk. He pretty much said to hell with Ray and NEXT question! LOL
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2012, 08:24:12 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
I am constantly amazed at the amount of ownership that fans feel they have over players and the amount of entitlement. 

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2012, 08:24:46 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I like how he answered something like how he can't fault Ray for doing what he wants for his family, but that personally he's not going there on his feelings. He basically thinks Ray is a b**** for going to them if you read between the lines.
Did he say that?  I really would like to know how this is better for Ray's family. He is making less money and he is farther away from them. Sounds to me like it's better for Ray's ego, but not necessarily his family.  He may get another ring cheering on LeBron.  He gets to play more golf down there.  What does his family get?

If you think I am questioning his judgement on his personal decision, I AM. But heck this is just a message board and Ray probably isn't reading it anyway.

Fink.
Yep, took that as a bit of sarcasm myself.

"I don't have Ray's number anymore," said Kevin Garnett when asked if he has spoken to Allen since the offseason.

"I have no problem when someone makes a decision that's the best for him and his family,"

Sure you can't fault a guy for doing what's best for family.  Those things include:
- taking more pay to play elsewhere,
- turning down better options to stay close to family,
- choosing to stay close to a paticular Dr. for your child's condition, etc etc.

Of course, those weren't any of Ray's reasons...
TP for you.  When Ray came here, I really thought he was one of the "good guys", a thinking man with integrity, a family guy.  Ha!

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2012, 09:10:13 PM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
I am constantly amazed at the amount of ownership that fans feel they have over players and the amount of entitlement.

TP!!! I agree! I don't get it either. It's like players don't have a right to make their own decisions anymore without getting insulted and lambasted by fans. We DO NOT own players; they can do whatever they want!

But whatever, GO CELTICS!!!
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2012, 09:40:02 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122

WOOO ready for da season to start word outta Heat camp is Wade's knee might not be ready for da season opener so Ray Ray might be startin da plot thickens out chea

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2012, 10:05:07 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

TP!!! I agree! I don't get it either. It's like players don't have a right to make their own decisions anymore without getting insulted and lambasted by fans. We DO NOT own players; they can do whatever they want!

Both of you are off.  Fans don't feel that they have "ownership".  But they do feel betrayed when a player leaves a situation for personal betterment.  Fans spend their hard-earned money to watch these players play and cheer them on through thick and thin, on apparrell of these players, etc.

The working class understand the idea of leaving a job for better pay or better situation for their family.  They don't understand leaving a job for less pay to work with different people and in front of different fans. 

If I had a co-worker and he left for a lesser paying job in a situation no better for his family, but left solely because he liked his new co-workers better, I would feel insulted and betrayed too.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2012, 10:23:13 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Both of you are off.  Fans don't feel that they have "ownership".  But they do feel betrayed when a player leaves a situation for personal betterment.  Fans spend their hard-earned money to watch these players play and cheer them on through thick and thin, on apparrell of these players, etc.

The working class understand the idea of leaving a job for better pay or better situation for their family.  They don't understand leaving a job for less pay to work with different people and in front of different fans. 

If I had a co-worker and he left for a lesser paying job in a situation no better for his family, but left solely because he liked his new co-workers better, I would feel insulted and betrayed too.
Agreed. In fact, the nicest thing I can say about his Decision is that it's completely baffling.  Somehow a notion has gotten into some NBA star players' heads of needing to win multiple championships in order to legitimize your legend. It seems a bit, shall we say, shallow?  Ray was a great player and will have had a place in the HOF someday without this move.

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2012, 10:56:26 PM »

Offline Valentines_at_Popeyes

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 35
www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2012/09/28/20120928_media_day_allen.nba

Ray doesnt seem to enthusiastic about playing for the Heat in the video linked above.  I almost feel bad for him.  In a perfect world he, Paul, and KG would be on each others speed dial. 

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2012, 10:57:45 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364

im more amazed at posters who expect fans of a team to have no emotional investment in the players on that team...and to NOT be upset when a player who is a large part of the team basically turns his back on his teammates/fans and goes to their chief rival.

theres Radio shows, tv shows dedicated to peoples feelings on sports..yet somehow now its wrong to have opinions/emotions on players signing or leaving..heck, why are we even on a message board discussing the celtics?

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2012, 11:01:00 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee

Awww....how is the ability to golf more not an improvement for his family?

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2012, 11:06:55 PM »

Offline Valentines_at_Popeyes

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 35

im more amazed at posters who expect fans of a team to have no emotional investment in the players on that team...and to NOT be upset when a player who is a large part of the team basically turns his back on his teammates/fans and goes to their chief rival.

theres Radio shows, tv shows dedicated to peoples feelings on sports..yet somehow now its wrong to have opinions/emotions on players signing or leaving..heck, why are we even on a message board discussing the celtics?

I agree with your sentiments.  Sports are emotional.  It's like some people think you should only relate to sports in a  very dry and pragmatic way.  "Unit X has been rented by Team Y feel free to crunch the numbers and percentages".

What's next?  Is someone going to tell me not to get emotionally empathetic with Dooling's recent news?  "You dont even know the man.  SUrely other people have similar abusive events in the history"... :-\