Author Topic: KG: "I don't have Ray Allen's number anymore"  (Read 16225 times)

Re: KG: "I don't have Ray Allen's number anymore"
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2012, 11:07:40 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I am constantly amazed at the amount of ownership that fans feel they have over players and the amount of entitlement.

At the end of the day, we are the ones that are responsible for their ludicrous contracts. We invest a lot of time and money on the team/players we like.

Do we own them? Of course not. But we have the right to feel slighted when they turn their backs on us.

Ray left us to go to our biggest (in-Conference) rival. He didn't chase one final payday going to Milwaukee or somewhere else irrelevant. He basically said to Boston thanks for the memories guys but Miami is better.

If KG says all but "he's dead to me," you know his own friends feel betrayed.

Can't wait 'til the 30th.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2012, 01:06:52 AM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
I am constantly amazed at the amount of ownership that fans feel they have over players and the amount of entitlement.

TP!!! I agree! I don't get it either. It's like players don't have a right to make their own decisions anymore without getting insulted and lambasted by fans. We DO NOT own players; they can do whatever they want!

But whatever, GO CELTICS!!!

Both of you are off.  Fans don't feel that they have "ownership".  But they do feel betrayed when a player leaves a situation for personal betterment.  Fans spend their hard-earned money to watch these players play and cheer them on through thick and thin, on apparrell of these players, etc.

The working class understand the idea of leaving a job for better pay or better situation for their family.  They don't understand leaving a job for less pay to work with different people and in front of different fans. 

If I had a co-worker and he left for a lesser paying job in a situation no better for his family, but left solely because he liked his new co-workers better, I would feel insulted and betrayed too.

Yes I know what you're saying. People can feel upset (I was very upset but I just moved on and focused on the team, is that so hard to do?). We all felt betrayed but a number of fans take it too seriously. I know a couple of people who want Ray to get hurt while playing for the Heat. This applies not just with Ray's situation; we saw people burning Lebron's jerseys when he left and people thinking he's the worst person in the world because of one single decision.

I mean come on, we analyze and dissect their personalities when we don't even know them. They're doing a job, and we should only criticize their games, their talents and everything else related to basketball. People insult their character because they wanted to play for other teams? That's just off.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 01:14:18 AM by staticcc »
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2012, 01:10:48 AM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38

im more amazed at posters who expect fans of a team to have no emotional investment in the players on that team...and to NOT be upset when a player who is a large part of the team basically turns his back on his teammates/fans and goes to their chief rival.

theres Radio shows, tv shows dedicated to peoples feelings on sports..yet somehow now its wrong to have opinions/emotions on players signing or leaving..heck, why are we even on a message board discussing the celtics?

To discuss players' games and basketball skills, the team's successes and failures. NOT to insult players' characters.
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2012, 08:04:51 AM »

Offline Valentines_at_Popeyes

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 35

im more amazed at posters who expect fans of a team to have no emotional investment in the players on that team...and to NOT be upset when a player who is a large part of the team basically turns his back on his teammates/fans and goes to their chief rival.

theres Radio shows, tv shows dedicated to peoples feelings on sports..yet somehow now its wrong to have opinions/emotions on players signing or leaving..heck, why are we even on a message board discussing the celtics?

To discuss players' games and basketball skills, the team's successes and failures. NOT to insult players' characters.

Character is part of it, as are emotions.  Fans respond in different ways to player actions both intellectually and emotionally. 

If fans should not make negative judgments about a player's character should they likewise refrain from praising a player who they think has positive or noble character?

« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 08:10:26 AM by Valentines_at_Popeyes »

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2012, 08:34:55 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
This applies not just with Ray's situation; we saw people burning Lebron's jerseys when he left and people thinking he's the worst person in the world because of one single decision.

People don't hate Lebron because he left Cleveland, they hate him becuase of HOW he left Cleveland.

He predetermined long before that he would join two other all stars and monopolise the league, he lied to Cleveland fans all along telling them he loved Cleveland and wanted to stay, and then when he finally joined the Heat he held a victory parade before the team had even played a game together - hence "rubbing it" to not only his previous team (Cleveland) but to basically the entire NBA.

What he did is the equivalent of you being the best employee at your work (a work that has always treated you well) and telling work you planned to draw up a new contact...only to go behind their back and quit last minute, run off to a competitor, and then publically brag about how badly you are going to beat your new employer is going to beat your previous one.

I think if you were the boss at the first company, you'd probably lose all respect for that guy...

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2012, 09:08:30 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

TP, cman.... if emotion werent a huge part of sports, it wouldn't be the multi-billion dollar industry that it is

sports is like many other forms of entertainment in that it has heroes and villains (like Judas Shuttlesworth)

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2012, 10:02:27 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

TP!!! I agree! I don't get it either. It's like players don't have a right to make their own decisions anymore without getting insulted and lambasted by fans. We DO NOT own players; they can do whatever they want!

But whatever, GO CELTICS!!!

Both of you are off.  Fans don't feel that they have "ownership".  But they do feel betrayed when a player leaves a situation for personal betterment.  Fans spend their hard-earned money to watch these players play and cheer them on through thick and thin, on apparrell of these players, etc.

The working class understand the idea of leaving a job for better pay or better situation for their family.  They don't understand leaving a job for less pay to work with different people and in front of different fans. 

If I had a co-worker and he left for a lesser paying job in a situation no better for his family, but left solely because he liked his new co-workers better, I would feel insulted and betrayed too.

Yes I know what you're saying. People can feel upset (I was very upset but I just moved on and focused on the team, is that so hard to do?). We all felt betrayed but a number of fans take it too seriously. I know a couple of people who want Ray to get hurt while playing for the Heat. This applies not just with Ray's situation; we saw people burning Lebron's jerseys when he left and people thinking he's the worst person in the world because of one single decision.

I mean come on, we analyze and dissect their personalities when we don't even know them. They're doing a job, and we should only criticize their games, their talents and everything else related to basketball. People insult their character because they wanted to play for other teams? That's just off.

You Ray Allen's apologists should just give it up already.  You guys aren't making any sense at all and it's just getting really pathetic everyday.  What I find most ironic  is that none of us, the ones p---ed off at Ray, is trying to change you guys' minds.  Its you guys who's going out of your ways to insult the ones who's begrudging Ray for his coward act.

I hate to make the comparison but Ray's apologists sounds like abused wives, who no matter how much they're abused, will always go back to that abusive husband no matter what. 

Us, we, the real humans with real emotions, we can read between the lines and call a spade a spade instead of trying to explain and trying to make sense of a senseless act committed by a backstabber like Ray.

Doc and KG are the only ones to come out with their real emotion bout the issue.  Doc tried as much as possible to conveil it but you could tell he couldn't hold back.  KG being KG, you know he's going to say his mind no matter what and that's what he did here.  But I bet you that in the absence of a camera, what the guy was really saying is **** YOU, RAY. 

« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 10:25:34 AM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2012, 10:25:09 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
KG is the man!

To hell with "that guy" right KG? He's the enemy now, there should be no contact with him whatsoever except in the court.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2012, 11:15:09 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
KG has no love for thee other side.

« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2012, 12:04:13 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178

Absolutely.

I would add that Ray and Tony Allen both left by choice to seek a 'different' situation.

Perk and Big Baby were traded. They had no choice ultimately.

This is the difference in feelings toward former teammates with KG and really a lot of fans.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2012, 12:07:14 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
As a life-long Celtics fan, I have much more invested in the Celtics than Ray Allen.  Ray got paid to pay for the Celtics.  I've payed to watch them.  He is here for 5yrs, I've got about 35 or so years invested in them.

« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2012, 12:19:35 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

Absolutely.

I would add that Ray and Tony Allen both left by choice to seek a 'different' situation.

Perk and Big Baby were traded. They had no choice ultimately.

This is the difference in feelings toward former teammates with KG and really a lot of fans.

Even then though TA didn't go to a conference rival. Or sign for less money. I honestly didn't blame him for chasing the money in that situation. He's not a max guy he needs to get what he can while it's on the table. That's a move i bet in retrospect, Danny would like back. But Bradley has stepped up and in and been the second coming of the shut down wing defender this team seems to crave. However with more offensive potential though.

« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2012, 01:14:04 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
KG is the man.

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2012, 01:21:42 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
 ::)

@BrianWindhorst
Ray Allen on Kevin Garnett saying he purposely lost Ray's number: "“It’s a shame. I’m a good person to talk to on the phone.”
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2012, 01:24:50 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
::)

@BrianWindhorst
Ray Allen on Kevin Garnett saying he purposely lost Ray's number: "“It’s a shame. I’m a good person to talk to on the phone.”

I Love it.

Let the competition begin!