Author Topic: Derek Fisher?  (Read 4336 times)

Derek Fisher?
« on: October 08, 2012, 09:09:50 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Wouldn't mind seeing Fisher backup Rondo for 8-10mins a game. He plays decent defense, spreads the floor with his 3pt shooting, doesn't turn the ball over much, and would provide veteran leadership for the second unit. Cant think of too many other options....
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Re: Derek Fisher?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 09:18:02 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
maybe ???

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 09:42:57 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
I think Arroyo might be a better option at this point. He's younger and is familiar with the team (somewhat). Plus I'm not completely comfortable with someone who I've rooted against for so long to join us.

He's not a bad option though. I'll wait and see if the back-up point guard dilemma is really that bad for this team.

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 09:46:55 PM »

Offline KevinGamble

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 26
  • MWMWMWMWMWMW
As a fan, I would pretty much prefer anything else.  That would be way too hard -- seeing his ugly mug among the team I am so excited for this year... 

Please
No
 :-X

Besides, I kinda like the moral high-ground of judging Ray Allen for defecting to our bitter rival as if it didn't really mean anything, and that would be harder to do as a fan if Danny had pulled off one of those rumored Rondo trades that would have netted us a bunch of lakers.  Makes me sick just thinking about it.

Any of you stay big Brain Shaw or Rick Fox fans after they turned yellow?  didn't think so.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 09:54:01 PM by KevinGamble »
"You're skating on pretty thin ice around here, McGee!"
"Sounds like the ice's problem."

2 for the Show!
GO CELTS!

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 10:27:49 PM »

Offline raynman

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
NO EFFIN WAY!  ;D

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 10:50:29 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I threw-up a bit in my mouth. Just a bit.

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 01:30:55 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Derek Fisher is not an NBA-caliber player any more.  It's been a nice ride for him, but he's done.

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 05:31:22 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
As a fan, I would pretty much prefer anything else.  That would be way too hard -- seeing his ugly mug among the team I am so excited for this year... 

Please
No
 :-X

Besides, I kinda like the moral high-ground of judging Ray Allen for defecting to our bitter rival as if it didn't really mean anything, and that would be harder to do as a fan if Danny had pulled off one of those rumored Rondo trades that would have netted us a bunch of lakers.  Makes me sick just thinking about it.

Any of you stay big Brain Shaw or Rick Fox fans after they turned yellow?  didn't think so.
But Ty Lue was once a Laker and a ring on that team for that matter. Where is he now? That's right, he is now one of the assistant coach in the Celtic organization.

And who could forget Shaq? He brought lakers three trophies. Do you the fact that we signed him?

Fact is Fisher is no longer a Laker. The rivalry between the C's and the Lakers no longer matter to him.

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 05:45:57 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
i like and respect fisher
he reminds me of kenny anderson
and kenny was good here
if we can get him
get him

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2012, 01:34:38 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
All of this declining Fisher simply becuase he was a Laker is rediculous.  Many Boston fans were all for the idea of us trading for Gasol, an ex-Laker. Miami had no problems signing their arch-nemesis when they took Ray Allen from us.

Our aim and desire is to win a championship - you don't give two hoots who the guy used to play for, if he gives you the things you need to increase your chances of a title then you take him.

All the things he did to make Boston fans hate him are the same things he'll do to make opposing teams hate him if/when he wears a Boston jersey. He plays physical, he has a high IQ, he plays with a high effort level and he lives for the playoffs. 

That's as Celtic as it gets.

If you're going to decline him then decline him because of his ablities, not becuase he's an ex-laker...mand there is no backup PG available for the vet min that has better abilities for what we need.

I think Arroyo might be a better option at this point. He's younger and is familiar with the team (somewhat).

Carlos Arroyo played for us a season or two ago - he was absolute trash.  He sucked at every single aspect of the game.  Hell he sucked so bad that he made Marquis Daniels and Pavlovic look like starters.

Speaking of which - what I wouldn't give to have Marquis back right now...

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2012, 11:12:31 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Boston does have great medical facilities.  Or is that not a factor now for Fisher, who happily weaseled his way out of his Utah contract to go back to LA five years ago? 

I'm not a fan.

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 11:40:48 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Fisher's defensive inabilities make me question just how much court time he would see on a Doc River's coached team.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14