Author Topic: NBA 2k13 All-Purpose Thread  (Read 33144 times)

Re: NBA 2k13 All-Purpose Thread
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2012, 11:14:58 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
The controls are so amazing in 2k13! I really do wish they would upgrade the association mode - It's 80% of what I do.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2012, 11:52:56 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Answers for those who have a 'freezing' problem with 2k:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AtGt4uNE6to5KYdmNMQlT7Xty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20121003225325AAnh8dk

Apparently it's linked to whether or not you have a hard drive.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2012, 12:19:13 AM »

Offline Big_Dave31

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 37
Got my copy on the weekend, so far so good...

I actually hurt my knee playing basketball a couple of nights ago, so, I am working from home (playing 2K13)...
Sucks that my knee is no good, but, at least I have 2K to pass the time...
I have started My Career, where I was drafted by the Rockets at 14, or wherever they picked around there.  Going to have to demand a trade to Boston soon, maybe when my player gets a little better, don't want virtual KG cussing me out.
Also started season mode just to get familiar playing with the Celtics so I can beat my friends when they come over for games night.
My PS3/2K name is BigDave_31 if anyone is ever up for a game.

« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2012, 01:11:50 AM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Bought the game today and have so far enjoyed it a lot. The only thing I dislike about this game is the use of VC. Really, I hate everything about the coins, be it the weird contracts, need to pay to play with certain players or the difficulty in obtaining them in career mode.

« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2012, 03:20:05 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Does anybody got any defensive tips to avoid being blown by?

You can use LT or RT and also the right stick in a number of ways what's the key this year around?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2012, 06:28:43 AM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

You can use LT or RT and also the right stick in a number of ways what's the key this year around?

Defensive shading.

« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2012, 06:29:46 AM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
Does anybody know why there is no autosave feature in the game?

« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2012, 12:26:23 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Does anybody know why there is no autosave feature in the game?

Are you online? As far as I've seen, being connected to Xbox Live, there's no way of avoiding autosave.

« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2012, 01:17:55 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I'm not overly critical of 2K anything, I've been on since Sega owned the license way back on the Dreamcast and Allen Iverson was on the cover every year.

But wow. Hate this one. They put way too much time and effort into the cheesy presentation than anything else it seems. I'm assuming most of that presentation was Jay-Z's idea. No idea what qualifies him to do anything in the gaming business. (Although I do think he did a stunning job with the soundtrack and compared to 2K12's awful, awful list, this is stunning.)

I don't really like the new controls.. Nothing was broken in 2K11 or 12. Not sure i'm seeing the need to fix it here. And the virtual credit is awful. Should have kept skill points and just added real money contracts to buy those stupid clothes and upgrade pieces.

« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2012, 01:53:06 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Defensive shading.
right but what buttons do you push for that? in 2k12 I always used just the LT but this year that isn't working for me
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2012, 04:23:35 PM »

fitzhickey

Whenever I simulate for celtics, they seem terrible. Also in my mycareer, I play for Detroit and they are worse than us

« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2012, 05:43:33 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
Whenever I simulate for celtics, they seem terrible. Also in my mycareer, I play for Detroit and they are worse than us

I've noticed this, too.  They are god-awful, and in my MyCareer, they traded JET, Bass, and Green, and got back DJ Augustin, Ian Mahinmi, and some other mediocre player.

On another note, it's nearly impossible to beat Miami, the Lakers, or Brooklyn.  Figures.

« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2012, 05:55:17 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
idk, whenever I sim the Celtics to get VCs they seem to win. In MyCareer, my Celtics are 30 and 6...

probably every MyCareer mode is set up differently, base on random probability of injuries and minutes (therefore trading certain players)

In mycareer, starting lineup consists of Rondo, Me, Pierce, Green and KG. Bench is Terry, Lee, and Wilcox. Bass and Milicic got traded

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2012, 07:39:53 PM »

Offline Quinn

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 28
Bought it a couple weeks ago. I still can't figure out defense, but scoring is a breeze. I hate vc and the fact that I need an Internet connection to do half of the stuff on the game. Buying players for nba blacktop with the same currency you use in two major game modes is a major design flaw from a user perspective. But it's all about the money.
Practice? Whatchu talkin about practice?

« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2012, 04:37:17 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
lol...I just witnessed my son crossing up Kobe something fierce, ;D..sat him right on his behind.

I wish there was a way to upload replays from XBOX to computer..that was beautiful.