Author Topic: NBA 2k13 All-Purpose Thread  (Read 33147 times)

Re: NBA 2k13 All-Purpose Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2012, 12:40:19 PM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
How are the classic teams? I haven't picked up the house copy yet of the game but I'm reading there are much less in the way of teams this time around.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2012, 12:44:50 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
How are the classic teams? I haven't picked up the house copy yet of the game but I'm reading there are much less in the way of teams this time around.
a lot of em are accurate forms nd everything I used da 01-02 kings nd was salty dat Chris Webber wasnt on there had a front court of Scott Polard Lawrence Funderburke nd Vlade  Divac  :-\

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2012, 12:55:48 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Really upsets me that they wont hurry up with a fix for this!

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2012, 01:02:06 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
Really upsets me that they wont hurry up with a fix for this!
yea they gotta get it together i just send u a request im BlackAXattack

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2012, 01:58:49 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Going to my buddy's Friday night to drink whiskey and play an ungodly amount of 2k13. Might've Tiger Woods fist pumped in my girlfriend's face when she told me she had a Bachelorette party that night.

Have a feeling the modifications to the controls are going to  take a while for me to... enjoy, but it seems like it's an adjustment for the best. Never felt comfortable with anything besides a spin move with last years controls.

Also guessing that I'm going to become obsessed with creating the perfect Iverson led team.

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2012, 02:08:44 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Played it for a bit this morning...about to get back into it. Created my PF/C "Antonio Russell" lol...he is a "great-nephew to Bill." ;D

I played very little of 2k12, so whatever control changes have occured since then, I guess I'm starting over fresh in that regard.

So far I really like it..I haven't encountered any glitches like the ones mentioned here, yet but I'll be looking out for them.

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2012, 03:33:40 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Played it for a bit this morning...about to get back into it. Created my PF/C "Antonio Russell" lol...he is a "great-nephew to Bill." ;D

I played very little of 2k12, so whatever control changes have occured since then, I guess I'm starting over fresh in that regard.

So far I really like it..I haven't encountered any glitches like the ones mentioned here, yet but I'll be looking out for them.
Nice  ;D

Are you on PS3 GF?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2012, 04:31:43 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Nice  ;D

Are you on PS3 GF?

Nope - 360, as "CeltixDAD1819." Only look to play me if you want an extremely easy win.

My oldest son goes by "Agent178Jackson." Better bring your A-Game vs him.

Whatever glitch that was spoken about earlier in this thread seems to be fixed...I played my 5th Career game with no apparent glitches/freezes. I remember getting a "download update" alert when I 1st started the game this afternoon, so hopefully that was the patch that fixed it.

So right now I'm 2-3 with the ORL Magic, lol. Glen Davis is balling, Turkoglu seems to have found his shot that's been AWOL the last few years, and ORL is surprisingly competitive.

And the icing on the cake is that we beat Minny in Minny and KLove didn't eat my lunch - nor did Stiemsma block my shot. The big fella did get a few, though. I miss him.

So far a great game.

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2012, 09:27:04 PM »

Offline DKClassic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 177
Not to toot my own horn here, but I totally predicted to myself that 1901 would make it on to a sports game soundtrack someday.  Nice touch with the Daft Punk selection too, Jay Z.

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2012, 12:13:36 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435

Nice  ;D

Are you on PS3 GF?

Nope - 360, as "CeltixDAD1819." Only look to play me if you want an extremely easy win.

Whatever glitch that was spoken about earlier in this thread seems to be fixed...I played my 5th Career game with no apparent glitches/freezes. I remember getting a "download update" alert when I 1st started the game this afternoon, so hopefully that was the patch that fixed it.

So right now I'm 2-3 with the ORL Magic, lol. Glen Davis is balling, Turkoglu seems to have found his shot that's been AWOL the last few years, and ORL is surprisingly competitive.

And the icing on the cake is that we beat Minny in Minny and KLove didn't eat my lunch - nor did Stiemsma block my shot. The big fella did get a few, though. I miss him.

So far a great game.

Did it freeze before your update?? I tried again tonight and it froze

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2012, 01:20:01 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Nice  ;D

Are you on PS3 GF?

So far a great game.

Did it freeze before your update?? I tried again tonight and it froze
Ahh like just about everybody always 360 lol

as for update haven't got on so can't help you there
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2012, 10:16:42 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
i still aint go back to my carer since it froze a few days ago im waitin for da confirmation dat its completely updated before i hop on nd get mad again

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2012, 11:18:40 AM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
love da game went 2-0 online today but only downside was my career freezin after 1 game 2K editors said they trynna find a solution cuz a lot of people heated wit em im salty cuz i had 13 points 6 rebounds nd 6 assist wit my player lls

Same problem really making me mad!

This problem must only exist on 360's. On PS3 I am 12 games into my career and not one single freeze.
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2012, 11:19:25 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
i still aint go back to my carer since it froze a few days ago im waitin for da confirmation dat its completely updated before i hop on nd get mad again

So far so good - at least for the 360.

I'm at Game 7 in mycareer mode, and only one 2-3 sec pause that seemed a bit unusual, but no permanent freezes so far.

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2012, 10:54:30 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Finally played it on the weekend. Made a 6'7 205 lb SG, drafted #10 by the Hornets but for some reason they found a way to also draft Austin Rivers lol

8 games in I requested to get traded to the Celtics and now I'm the Celtics starting shooting guard. Bass is now traded for me lol

I have to say, I love the gameplay for this game a lot better than 2k12 because of the physics mechanisms behind it. They made it so that every bump affects your ball handling skills.

So far so good, no complaints.