Author Topic: If you could add one non-top 6 rookie to celtics roster...  (Read 9459 times)

Re: If you could add one non-top 6 rookie to celtics roster...
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2012, 02:11:35 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Damian Lillard?

I like Lillard, and think he is going to be a very good NBA player.  But I don't think he is particular special, and he presents a skillset that has become more and more easy to find in the NBA.

I agree Chris. I don't know too much about the kid in all honesty. I just know he had arguably the strongest summer league performance and most scouts pick him as the early favorite for rookie of the year. The point guard position seems to be the strongest in the NBA these days. But as we've seen with Irving most recently, maybe he can still surprise a few teams and put up some decent numbers.

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2012, 02:41:10 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Damian Lillard?

I like Lillard, and think he is going to be a very good NBA player.  But I don't think he is particular special, and he presents a skillset that has become more and more easy to find in the NBA.

I agree Chris. I don't know too much about the kid in all honesty. I just know he had arguably the strongest summer league performance and most scouts pick him as the early favorite for rookie of the year. The point guard position seems to be the strongest in the NBA these days. But as we've seen with Irving most recently, maybe he can still surprise a few teams and put up some decent numbers.

I think he most likely ends up similar to Darren Collison, perhaps a bit better. 

I think Irving was on a whole other level coming out of college, and had he not missed the majority of his freshman year, he wouldn't have surprised anyone.

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2012, 02:46:19 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Damian Lillard?

I think he most likely ends up similar to Darren Collison, perhaps a bit better. 

I think Irving was on a whole other level coming out of college, and had he not missed the majority of his freshman year, he wouldn't have surprised anyone.

Good points. And if Darren Collison is his ceiling that is a very sobering thought.

I now question where i should draft him in fantasy... :-[

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2012, 02:49:07 PM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 80
Yeah, Lillard was picked top 6. Otherwise he would have been my #1. I think he has Westbrook/DRose potential. He's a better, more consistent shooter than either, out well beyond NBA 3.

Kyrie Irving and Lillard would have been a freaky combination, even if both are undersized for the 2.

Lillard should also have the green light and lots of minutes in Portland. Strong, great body control, great focus, super hard worker and humble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTvHv5wFqUM

I could see situations where Lillard would get the nod over Rondo in the 4th, when the Celtics were behind and needed to score lots of points in a hurry.

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2012, 04:08:11 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Damian Lillard?

Good points. And if Darren Collison is his ceiling that is a very sobering thought.

I now question where i should draft him in fantasy... :-[

I don't think its his cieling, I think its where he will end up.  His cieling is probably Tony Parker.  Not many players reach their cieling though.

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2012, 04:17:29 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Meyers Leonard.

He will be special.

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2012, 04:12:44 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Festus Ezeli,

I said it before the draft and after the draft. He should have been drafted instead of Melo. Nothing against Melo Ezeli is just a better player. Averaging 3.5pts 4.5rb 1 blk in 16min per game already. He will never be an allstar but he will have a long career as a solid center in the league.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2012, 04:21:54 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
Drummond, white or Rivers!
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2012, 04:27:29 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
We got Sully.... Couldn't ask for more really, the kids pretty solid and has contributed rigjt away! Would also be nice to see Doc bring his kid along. As a parent it would be nice to see how they interact and bond!
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2012, 04:32:29 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Easily Monroe

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2012, 05:59:55 PM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
"Monroe"  Wrong year, isn't he 2nd or 3rd year?

I've got a major basketball crush on Terrence Jones of the Rockets, who hasn't got off the bench because they are deep at PF and competitive all game. He's like a much stronger, more aggressive, more raw version of Jeff Green.

Yeah, we got Sully, we got a miracle and not just a forum topic!

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2012, 06:02:30 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Donatas, J Lamb, Singler, Joel Freeland, Mirza Telectovic, Kim English

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2012, 06:05:34 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Seriously, the best player chosen after the 6th pick this year might end up being Jared Sullinger

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2012, 06:10:28 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
If the question means non top 6 picks this year then without hesitation I choose Jonas V. I thought it meant in terms of the top 6 guys

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2012, 06:29:58 PM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
I excluded the top 6 because if I only excluded the top 5, Lillard would end the debate. He could be an all star even this year, though it'd be surprising.

Sully might make all rookie second team. I think Davis and Valanciunus whatever from Toronto are going to be tough to outplay, especially because Jared isn't featured in the offense much at all. I really wouldn't be surprised if he could be an average #1 scoring option, with plenty of good passes for assists and hockey assists.