Author Topic: If you could add one non-top 6 rookie to celtics roster...  (Read 9456 times)

If you could add one non-top 6 rookie to celtics roster...
« on: September 27, 2012, 11:42:25 PM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 80
...who would you take?

Biggest roster questions seem to be 3rd string sf and pg. A tall athletic pf is also lacking behind kg.

John Henson looked really good in summer league. Better touch than advertised. He might be a poor mans kg to go with sully and melo for respectable frontcourt of the future.

Otherwise, barnes would be an upgrade over kris joseph, and eventually replace much of pierce's offense.

Jeremy lamb also has a bit of 3 versatility and shot extremely well in summer league. He'd be a different look than pierce and green, and he's taller and longer than chris lee.

I dont see any pgs that jump out.

Who would you add to this roster?

With tradeable assets, danny would be in position to trade for a rookie.

Re: If you could add one non-top 6 rookie to celtics roster...
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 11:58:47 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Andre Drummond, no hesitation. Position and need isn't a factor, it's strictly potential, and Drummond. His body has been frequently compared to Dwight Howard's,

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 12:17:57 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I have 4 picks in order from least to most wanted:

4.) Perry Jones III is a small forward with tons of upside. I worry about his motor and so did everyone else I guess as he fell to #30. He's physically gifted and needs a lot of molding.

3.) Royce White is a legitimate power forward but his quickness and rebounding prowess would make him a great SF in my opinion. His anxiety makes me not want to chance it but I think he's got all of the tools to be a Lebron type freight train player. Could be scary in a few years.

2.) Drummond is a beast and will be a top 5 center in the NBA. He was probably the most surprising drop to me(was listed as top 5 pick). I'd take him in a second.

1.) Harrison Barnes will be a star in the NBA. He is a worker and will only become better over the next 5-7 years. Probably a franchise level player on a bad team and an allstar on a good one. Think Rudy Gay.

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 12:30:42 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
I did wish back then that we bought a pick for Doron Lamb or something...but with Christmas, Terry and C-Lee I'm good now.

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 01:19:52 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
austin rivers

The Boston Celtics are making an 11th-hour push to put themselves in position to draft Duke star Austin Rivers, son of Celtics coach Doc Rivers, according to sources with knowledge of Boston's plans. But sources briefed on the matter describe the Celtics as pessimistic that they can acquire a draft pick high enough to land Rivers in Thursday night's draft.

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 01:27:35 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Austin Rivers. 
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 12:20:49 PM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
1 john henson
2 harrison barnes
3 myers leonard
4 jeremy lamb
5 terrence jones

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 12:32:06 PM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
Andre Drummond, no hesitation. Position and need isn't a factor, it's strictly potential, and Drummond. His body has been frequently compared to Dwight Howard's,

This. Exactly this. Dude will either be nothing, a BEAST of a role player, or a bonafide star. Worth the risk.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 12:40:30 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

I personally think Drummond is about 60% likely to majorly bust (and 80% likely to be mediocre at best, especially after he gets paid)...but that 20% chance that he could be an absolute superstar, would be really hard to pass up, when you get that late in the lottery.

Edit: I forgot Barnes went so low too.  He would be a close #2, who still has the star potential, but has a much higher floor.  I think he will be a very good NBA player at the very least.

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 12:53:32 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Damian Lillard?

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 12:59:42 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
Damian Lillard?

I like Lillard, and think he is going to be a very good NBA player.  But I don't think he is particular special, and he presents a skillset that has become more and more easy to find in the NBA.

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 01:08:27 PM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
i left drummond off because we already have melo. Otherwise itd be a no-brainer, but i figured somebody like leonard would better compliment what melo brings to the center position, as well as some pf versatility against la.

I do believe drummond is athletic enough to guard 4s, so it might be a mistake to leave him off my list, but leonard can guard 4s as well and brings much more grace and touch to the offense.

John henson looks like a star, perhaps not far off from anthony davis.

Terrence jones is like a stronger version of jeff green. Having two guys like that interchangeable at the forward spots would be ideal running mates with rondo.

Hou has tons of depth at 4, wouldnt be surprised if jones could be had mid-season.

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 01:08:39 PM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
i left drummond off because we already have melo. Otherwise itd be a no-brainer, but i figured somebody like leonard would better compliment what melo brings to the center position, as well as some pf versatility against la.

I do believe drummond is athletic enough to guard 4s, so it might be a mistake to leave him off my list, but leonard can guard 4s as well and brings much more grace and touch to the offense.

Terrence jones is like a stronger version of jeff green. Having two guys like that interchangeable at the forward spots would be ideal running mates with rondo.

Hou has tons of depth at 4, wouldnt be surprised if jones could be had mid-season.

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 01:13:35 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

He is VERY far off from Davis.  Davis is much more skilled, and has a much better body.  Davis needs to develop and add some bulk, Henson is just skinny, and doesn't have much room on his frame. 

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 01:54:04 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
give me royce white....but the panic attacks would scare me away. Watched that video Grantland did on him and his draft night....I can see why every team but Houston passed