Author Topic: Dooling  (Read 6291 times)

Dooling
« on: September 27, 2012, 03:12:08 PM »

Offline ummidkme

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
www.csnne.com/basketball-boston-celtics/celtics-talk/Walking-away-Dooling-on-retirement-famil?blockID=780055&feedID=10424

I have a whole new respect for the man. He is a Celtic. I wish the best in life for him.

I am sick of comments and discussions that forget the human element of basketball. The reason we like the Celtics is that it is a family not solely consumed by business. The giddiness over Dooling's retirement that opened up a roster spot was nauseating. The numbers Dooling put up weren't spectacular but he was integral to the 11-12 grind it out Celtics. He was our Reverend.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 03:34:47 PM by ummidkme »

Re: Dooling
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 03:44:47 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25621
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
This cracked me up:

Dooling continued, “Not only do I think [Rondo]’s the second-best player in the NBA behind Kevin Durant, but I think he is an amazing leader. I think he doesn’t get a fair shake in the media and I wish they knew my friend the way I did.”

Haha.  Reading between the lines, I guess there wasn't a snowball's chance that he was signing in Miami.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 03:47:59 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
wow such powerful great article Dooling is a strong dude nice to see hell be around still
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 04:00:59 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
Such a cool guy. I hope that in a few years, as his kids grow up, he re-considers coaching.

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 04:03:33 PM »

Offline drax

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 15
A great man Keyon Dooling. He's just a good rolemodel for young people out there, i wish him all the best.

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 04:26:32 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
This cracked me up:

Dooling continued, “Not only do I think [Rondo]’s the second-best player in the NBA behind Kevin Durant, but I think he is an amazing leader. I think he doesn’t get a fair shake in the media and I wish they knew my friend the way I did.”

Haha.  Reading between the lines, I guess there wasn't a snowball's chance that he was signing in Miami.
Hm. So he's been invited by Doc to travel with the team for road games, and Ainge talked about having _a_ roster spot open. What's the chance they're trimming to 14 with the idea to bring Dooling back if we have an emergency situation?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 05:03:57 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
TP. I see so few player features of that depth. Great work by Camerato. I'll miss Keyon.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 05:04:12 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Great article, great guy.  So nice to read something like this compared with all the bad eggs that get so much publicity.

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 05:08:43 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Really powerful piece.  I wish Keyon the best in life and hope that if he does choose to join a ball club's front office, it will be ours.

Cheers, Reverend.

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 05:17:02 PM »

Offline DKClassic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 177
Keyon was awesome.  He really grew on me last season and I loved his energy and veteran presence, especially during the playoffs.  It's too bad he didn't want to give this season another go, but good for him to walk away.

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 05:32:42 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
TP for posting this. One of the most powerful stories, I have read in a while. I really like how he stands up for KG and Rondo.

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 05:44:46 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
www.csnne.com/basketball-boston-celtics/celtics-talk/Walking-away-Dooling-on-retirement-famil?blockID=780055&feedID=10424

I have a whole new respect for the man. He is a Celtic. I wish the best in life for him.

I am sick of comments and discussions that forget the human element of basketball. The reason we like the Celtics is that it is a family not solely consumed by business. The giddiness over Dooling's retirement that opened up a roster spot was nauseating. The numbers Dooling put up weren't spectacular but he was integral to the 11-12 grind it out Celtics. He was our Reverend.
great article nd a good read but u overreacting wit da bolded it aint dat serious dawg lol

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2012, 06:13:00 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Dooling is without question a great role model for the NBA.  When he was with the Nets, he came on weekly to talk about the league on WFAN.  He is so open and articulate; you just don't find that nowadays in many pro athletes.

Having said that -- can we at least agree that his career, though long, was at best an underachievement?  The guy was a lottery pick.  He played for half-a-dozen teams in 13 years.  His most common role was as a backup PG.  That is perfectly legitimate and something to be proud of...but I don't think that's what scouts thought he would become.

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2012, 06:19:14 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
^ Maybe, he could have just been picked too high, though. If I have a lottery pick and use it on BBD, it doesn't make him an underachiever, it makes me an idiot.

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2012, 06:23:57 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Wow, great article! I almost cried... powerful stuff.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)