17 (28.8%)
Bibby
5 (8.5%)
Flynn
27 (45.8%)
Arroyo
10 (16.9%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: Cs looking for bench point guard  (Read 28495 times)

Re: Cs looking for bench point guard
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2012, 07:28:41 AM »

Offline anthony83

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
Allen iverson!

+1
 Iverson now 37 years is better than Flynn, Fisher, Bibby and who comes. I assure this.

Twitter: @Theanswer83

« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2012, 09:16:42 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I second Allen Iverson

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2012, 09:39:53 AM »

Offline Kuberski1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
I'm worried more about the 3.....only have Pierce and Green who can really play the position, though I suppose Lee in a pinch.   At the 1, we have Rondo, Terry, and then Bradley if needed....so I wonder if they will first go after a 2/3 type wing...

« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2012, 11:29:04 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Allen iverson!

+1
 Iverson now 37 years is better than Flynn, Fisher, Bibby and who comes. I assure this.

I was intrigued by AI last year and the year before; however, now there's no point. 

Not only is he a year older, the need has also dramatically diminished.  Unlike the past few years, bench scoring won't be an issue with Jason Terry, Lee/Bradley, and Jeff Green. 

At this point, we really just need a solid vet who could backup Rondo or Terry if the other one went down for a short period of time. 

« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2012, 12:19:57 PM »

Offline raynman

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Flynn, Joseph and Melo - Let's change our DLeague team to Maine ORANGE Claws!

« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2012, 01:02:18 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Allen iverson!

Is done and not wanted by a single NBA team. 

Heck, didn't some overseas team dump him as well. 

« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2012, 01:55:25 PM »

Offline anthony83

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
Allen iverson!

I'll tell you one thing, Iverson isnīt in the NBA by Stern, is a blackballin against AI, this is evident, David Stern is a hypocrite, once this also happened with Sprenwell.
As Rip Hamilton said in an interview, now Iverson is better than 75% of guards in the league, he can to play in any team, Cīs, Sixers, still AI can to score 15 and 5 assists easily.
Fisher is 38, Hill, 39, Nash 39, they are playing, Why AI not? STERN.

Twitter: @Theanswer83

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2012, 05:01:33 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Allen iverson!

I'll tell you one thing, Iverson isnīt in the NBA by Stern, is a blackballin against AI, this is evident, David Stern is a hypocrite, once this also happened with Sprenwell.
As Rip Hamilton said in an interview, now Iverson is better than 75% of guards in the league, he can to play in any team, Cīs, Sixers, still AI can to score 15 and 5 assists easily.

Eh. Iverson's body broke down from years of his abusive style of play. He would need to play 40 minutes and take 20+ shots to average 15 and 5 nowadays, which he wouldn't get from any team even if his body could handle it (doubtful). He was rather inefficient in his prime, and is now clearly way past it.

Fisher is in pretty good shape doesn't take a beating, as he flops before there is any chance of contact from an opposing player. Hill missed several years, so he doesn't have nearly as much mileage or damage as Iverson did. As has Hill, Nash has greatly benefited from the Suns' top notch training staff.

I want no part of Bibby or Fisher. Arroyo wasn't embarrassing with us, and Flynn would be an interesting experiment.

Once Bradley comes back, whoever is brought in wouldn't factor in too much. Rondo's ~36 MPG will be backed up by Terry/AB. Doc isn't going to use them all at SG (Terry, AB, and Lee would only get around 16 MPG each). I don't see Lee at SF other than garbage time. Green needs minutes and they are gonna come mostly at SF whenever Pierce is resting.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2012, 05:08:08 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
Wow, there seem to be a lot of people here who still think AI could be a good nba player. 

I am not one of those people. 

He hasn't played in the NBA since 2010 when he bounced from Memphis back to Philly.  He has repeatedly either had injury problems, or attitude problems with coming off the bench where ever he was at.  He was still a decent scorer the last few years he played, but that was 3 years ago now.  Plus a me first scoring point guard isn't really what we need.

He just doesn't seem to have the team mentality that we need from a backup point guard for the celtics.  I would love for him to somehow come back for one year somewhere and end his career on a more positive note, but if I was DA NO WAY would I even consider AI.

Allen iverson!

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2012, 06:00:56 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Some people are suggesting that Bradley, JET and Christmas can all function as combo guards, working in tandem. To bad we lost Moore. He was doing an amazing job this summer sometimes playing point, sometimes SG. Perhaps Danny was testing this concept in summer league to see if it would work.

The question is whether you can do that for 48 minutes if Rondo goes down???

If there is a Darko-like PG lurking out there why not give him some run - as long as he does not take away from our athleticism.

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2012, 06:10:19 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Some people are suggesting that Bradley, JET and Christmas can all function as combo guards, working in tandem. To bad we lost Moore. He was doing an amazing job this summer sometimes playing point, sometimes SG. Perhaps Danny was testing this concept in summer league to see if it would work.

The question is whether you can do that for 48 minutes if Rondo goes down???

If there is a Darko-like PG lurking out there why not give him some run - as long as he does not take away from our athleticism.

C's went like 6-2 when Rondo got hurt last season, and that was while we were still a ~.500 team.

Small sample size sure, but we weren't exactly lost without him.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2012, 03:01:02 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I voted Fisher based off the options
Veteran , playoff tested, hits the clutch shots

But Tmac would be take best possible signing
A true Point Forward at this stage in his career
Able to handle the ball, willing passer, yet still a threat to put 6-8 consecutive points on the board
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2012, 03:19:52 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Allen iverson!

Nah, bro, I think it's all about practice or rather, lack of practice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IdoCLk3kCo&feature=related

;)

« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2012, 05:08:56 AM »

Offline DavorCroatiaFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 97
I know i would take a lots of heat, but my favorite bench point guard would be...
Not Fisher, not Bibby, not Arroyo, not T-Mac, sure as hell not Iverson but...

Stephon Marbury:

-he was in Boston. Some of the folks here thinks we was bad, but he was very late addition, tried to hard to be unselffish, won us a game against Orlando, and if KG and Powe were healthy Steph would be a backup point guard for World Champions
-unlike Iverson or T-Mac, whose bodies are shut down, he's pretty healthy. He played last year and was champions and finals MVP in China. I know its not the best league of the world, but some people says he's more humble and mature now
-i would love to see just one alley-up Steph to KG...last time they didnt play any game together
-i know its not a perfect solution, just seems better then others guys mentioned
No1 Celtics fan in Croatia

« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2012, 07:33:39 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
One option, and maybe our best one, could be starting Green over Pierce. Green is much more dependent on getting shots through Rondo than Pierce. This would allow us to keep Pierce's minutes down. Pierce is also a much better facilitator than Green and would keep Terry off the ball. I envision a Terry/Pierce high pick and pop, where Terry screens for Pierce as House use to, being particularly hard to step. This is also something that was alluded to in the past by AInge.

Ainge in a WEEI interview last summer, before Green was diagnosed was the heart abnormality:

"Maybe there’s a change of roles. Maybe Paul comes off the bench, cuts down on his minutes. Maybe we find a way to get Jeff more minutes. His role will expand if he’s back here next year. There’s no question about that ... "

"It wouldn’t totally shock me if there’s a change in the starting lineup, but that’s just way too tough to tell."