Author Topic: Jim Calhoun Retires  (Read 2635 times)

Jim Calhoun Retires
« on: September 13, 2012, 07:40:42 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
What a good day for BC.  NotreDame to the ACC and Jim Calhoun retires. 

I think this could probably spell the end for Uconn Basketball.  No coach.  No other good teams in the conference.  Not a fun place to be a student if you arent on an elite team.

Calhoun did a great job while he was there though, props to him.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Re: Jim Calhoun Retires
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 08:25:36 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Calhoun is one of the best college basketball coaches ever. To see Uconn fade away the last couple years had been sad. It would be nice to see their program step it back up again. Calhoun made them elite for many many years.

Re: Jim Calhoun Retires
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 09:30:44 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Calhoun is one of the best college basketball coaches ever. To see Uconn fade away the last couple years had been sad. It would be nice to see their program step it back up again. Calhoun made them elite for many many years.

To see UConn fade away the last couple of years?

In the last 4 seasons, they made 3 NCAA appearances, 2 Final Fours, and won 1 Championship.  They kind of crapped out last year, but started the season ranked #4.

He's also had guys drafted every year in the last 4 drafts, with 3 of the last 4 of drafts having lottery picks from UConn.  Overall 6 guys drafted in the last 4 drafts, plus another two going undrafted but still making the NBA. 

UConn has yet to fade away.  They've consistently been a national powerhouse and an NBA prospect factory.  Now if you want to say starting this season they're going to completely fall off the face of the earth, I wouldn't argue with you.

Now I could see if you would say BC has faded away, but then I would argue they never had any significant period of success to fade away from... (Lol, ok the BC part is a joke, only because I always see the BC hatred towards UConn, but I never really understood why  :) ).

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class