Author Topic: Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2013 Offseason: Post Lottery  (Read 223725 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2013 Offseason: Post Lottery
« Reply #825 on: May 22, 2014, 09:47:36 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
 the commish will figure out the lotto results soon i think
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 07:39:42 PM by eja117 »

« Reply #826 on: May 23, 2014, 05:44:51 AM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Special thanks to LarBrd33 for compiling this on draft day. Offseason rosters and picks will be available on Google Docs in the near future. We've got a little while before we need to worry about our own draft - keep in mind the NBA draft and summer league will both happen first. In the meantime, enjoy the offseason and feel free to PM me on here with any questions, or post to this thread.

#1 ? Brahma Bull (via The Dead Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.s)
#2 ? Bellevue Leprechauns
#3 ? Bellevue Leprechauns (via Toine?s Boys)
#4 ? Kwhit10 (via Jackalopes)
#5 ? Rondo2287 (via Webskins)
#6 ? Gaze?s Disciples (via Designated Drinkers)
#7 ? Bellevue Leprechauns (via Brahma Bull!!)
#8 ? Rondo2287
#9 ? Gaze?s Disciples
#10 ? Toine?s Boys (via Kwhit10)
#11 ? Rondo2287 (via Lucky17)
#12 ? Bellevue Leprechauns (via Tedy Francis Tebows)
#13 ? Rondo2287 (via Y?all Hate)
#14 ? Webskins (via Ubuntu Ya?ll)
#15 ? The Dead Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.s (via Birdman)
#16 ? Bada Bing
#17 ? Ubuntu Ya?ll! (via Juggernauts)
#18 ? ChampKind?s X-Tacles
#19 ? Jackalopes (via Pittsburgh Pisces)
#20 ? Webskins (via Utah Flash)
#21 ? Jackalopes (via Bellevue Leprechauns)
#22 ? Pittsburgh Pisces (via Toine?s Boys)
#23 ? Bellevue Leprechauns (via Jackalopes)
#24 ? Rondo2287 (via Webskins)
#25 ? Ubuntu Y?all (via Designated Drinkers)
#26 ? Brahma Bull!!
#27 ? Brahma Bull!! (via Rondo2287)
#28 ? Bellevue Leprechauns (via Gaze?s Disciples)
#29 ? The Dead Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.s
#30 ? Kwhit10
#31 ? Gaze?s Disciples (via Lucky17)
#32 ? Bellevue Leprechauns (via Tedy Francis Tebows)
#33 ? Pittsburgh Pisces (via Y?all Hate)
#34 ? Brahma Bull!! (via Ubuntu Y?all!)
#35 ? Ubuntu Y?all!! (via Birdman)
#36 ? Bada Bing
#37 ? Pittsburgh Pisces (via Juggernauts)
#38 ? ChampKind?s X-Tacles
#39 ? Bellevue Leprechauns (via Pittsburgh Pisces)
#40 ? Gaze?s Disciples (via Utah Flash)

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Byennie -- was there any accounting done for missed games? Lucky institutied a policy (which a mid-season add like Bellevue would be exempt from) that penalized teams in the draft order.

I'd check with him/the constitution but I think it was teams had the league avg. points/gm  added to their total for each game over like 40 missed games. It's a little bit of work but pretty straight forward.

I'm just pointing it out before folks get to locked into their position. It won't affect my picks so this isn't an attempt for me to move up or anything..

EDIT: just stumbled upon this link from last year's league page msg board -- it appears Lucky did these BEFORE the lottery. Like I said i'd consult with him and the const.

https://docs.google.com/a/10thumbs.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqAKypeeNiSddDlpWlpmbEQweXYyUzdTQUtXUENyM0E&usp=sharing#gid=0
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 10:56:49 AM by Gainesville Celtic »
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #828 on: May 23, 2014, 11:10:33 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
Cheers byennie for being on top of this.

TP!

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
Byennie -- was there any accounting done for missed games? Lucky institutied a policy (which a mid-season add like Bellevue would be exempt from) that penalized teams in the draft order.

I'd check with him/the constitution but I think it was teams had the league avg. points/gm  added to their total for each game over like 40 missed games. It's a little bit of work but pretty straight forward.

I'm just pointing it out before folks get to locked into their position. It won't affect my picks so this isn't an attempt for me to move up or anything..

EDIT: just stumbled upon this link from last year's league page msg board -- it appears Lucky did these BEFORE the lottery. Like I said i'd consult with him and the const.

https://docs.google.com/a/10thumbs.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqAKypeeNiSddDlpWlpmbEQweXYyUzdTQUtXUENyM0E&usp=sharing#gid=0

so did we figure this out yet? Are the picks posted by Byennie above correct or do we need to re-adjust based on missed games played before assigning picks based on the lottery results?

« Reply #830 on: May 28, 2014, 04:23:31 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay, I have been swamped with work but have not forgotten this. The lottery order was definitely adjusted for games missed (LarBrd33 is well versed in the rules). I will independently verify it before posting rosters to Google and reopening trade season.

No later than the NBA draft I will get the offseason rolling.

« Reply #831 on: May 28, 2014, 06:53:21 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay, I have been swamped with work but have not forgotten this. The lottery order was definitely adjusted for games missed (LarBrd33 is well versed in the rules). I will independently verify it before posting rosters to Google and reopening trade season.

thanks commish. I guess the main question is, was it adjusted before the lottery or after the lottery? Previously the order was adjusted before the NBA lottery.

« Reply #832 on: June 18, 2014, 11:37:54 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Hi guys,

thanks commish. I guess the main question is, was it adjusted before the lottery or after the lottery? Previously the order was adjusted before the NBA lottery.
Yup.  See this post:  http://nedyken.com/cbpl/pre-lotto-draft-odds/

I did all the adjustments pre-lotto... showed which teams everyone matched up with... and then showed the results post lotto:

http://nedyken.com/cbpl/official-2014-cbpl-draft-order/

I guess nobody has been following that page or the Yahoo threads, because I was pretty transparent with it.  I even linked to my spreadsheet showing the adjusted standings:  https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQBCT=4d3885887c5e4ceebbfbc918653442fc  :)

Feel free to independently verify  (it's been public for 2 months), but it should be accurate.

« Reply #833 on: June 18, 2014, 11:55:27 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
btw, the rule Gainsville is referring to is the 75 missed game rule.   Any team that had over 75 missed games was ineligible for a Top 3 pick.  We still need official language on the 75 missed game rule so that we can add it to the league constitution:  http://nedyken.com/cbpl/league-constitution/

There had been a exception made where if you received the pick via trade, the rule no longer applied.  So in other words...

Gaze Disciple's who had 127 missed games and the 8th best lotto heading into the lotto (thus matching him up with the 8th worst team - the Pistons) was ineligible to receive a Top 3 pick.  This turned out not to matter, though... because the Pistons didn't win a Top 3 pick.

Meanwhile,  Webskins had 172 missed games and the 4th best lotto odds (matching him up with the 4th worst team - the Jazz)... but since Webkins traded the pick to Rondo2287, the "75 missed game rule" apparently no longer applied.  Had Utah won a Top 3 pick in the lotto, Rondo2287 would have been the beneficiary of it.   Once again, it ended up not mattering, because Utah ended up with the 5th pick ... so Rondo2287 will pick 5th.

As for my team... I started with over 100 missed games when I took over, but I was able to get my missed games down to 55...

I think the 75 missed game rule is fine.  I think we should keep it.  But I think heading forward there should be a couple stipulations added...

Basic rule:  A pick tied to an original team with over 75 missed games is ineligible for the Top 3.

Stipulations Regarding Trading the Pick: 

#1 - If you have OVER 75 missed games at the time of trading away the pick... the penalty carries over to the next owner of the pick.   The penalty goes away if the original owner of the pick somehow gets under 75 missed games at the end of the season.   (this closes the loophole)

#2 - If you have UNDER 75 missed games at the time of trading away the pick... the team receiving the pick is exempt from the rule even if the original pick owner eventually exceeds 75 missed games. (this prevents shenanigans)

Just my thoughts on it.  Someone who gets what I'm saying should write less-confusing language.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 12:17:16 AM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #834 on: June 19, 2014, 08:14:18 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff

« Reply #835 on: January 08, 2015, 06:35:50 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
I'm taking over.  I hate my team already.  I'm trading everyone.  I hope you all enjoy 50 trade requests in your in-box every day.

Welcome to the league, LarBrd33. Glad you decided to accept the invitation :-)

P.S. - I've forwarded your email to Lucky (he is the commish) so you just have to wait for him to send you the invitation to join the league.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au3hkZZpVM4

If everything goes as planned... I expect us to be in the playoffs next season.  And championship in 1 year minimum... and maximum of 5 years.

"Leprechuans Make Sweeping Changes on GM's 1 Year Anniversary"

Mark Steinberg, FSPN.com

BELLEVUE, WA - One year ago controversial GM, LarBrd33, took over the struggling bottom 5 "Team Gomesfan", relocated them to Bellevue, WA and re-branded them the Leprechauns. During LarBrd33's first day on the job he promised large-scale sweeping changes. Soon, long gone were the team's mainstays Tyson Chandler, Carlos Boozer and Jameer Nelson. Even quality star youth Kemba Walker, CJ McCollum and Klay Thompson did not avoid the trade wrath.

Today, on the one year anniversary of the CBPL's most annoying hiring, LarBrd33 once again made sweeping changes that will redefine the team's long-term future. In a 4-team trade, the Leprechauns have moved all-stars Brook Lopez, Al Horford and Gorgui Dieng for picks and youth (note: As part of the 4-team deal, Bellevue will be sending Jackalopes their own 2nd rounder via Kwhit10... not the Bellevue pick as seen in the trade log).

Said LarBrd33 in a brief statement: "It's been a heck of a year. Unfortunately, we find ourselves once again in a similar position to last year... a bottom-tier team looking towards the future. I remain a believer in Bellevue. I've done everything I could to put this team in position to succeed long-term. We have an exciting young core that fans should be thrilled to have here. Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker, Joel Embiid, Dante Exum, Julius Randle, James Young, Bismack Biyombo, Anthony Bennett, Otto Porter Jr, Nerlens Noel, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Derrick Williams, Tim Hardaway Jr... all with an age range of 19-22 years. In addition, we have the projected #1 and #3 picks as well as two 2nd rounders. I'm sorry I teased fans with the likes of Chris Paul an Al Horford, but we remain confident the ends will justify the means."

Suspiciously absent from LarBrd33's statement were the names Trevor Ariza, Timofey Mozgov and Mo Williams. All three veterans are widely expected to be moved for pick compensation.

« Reply #836 on: March 05, 2015, 07:38:39 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
making those last minute offers

« Reply #837 on: March 16, 2015, 03:44:29 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I have a guy that wants to join the league to replace Fitz/Gaze disciples.  Do we want to send him an invite?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #838 on: April 04, 2015, 03:18:22 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Brook Lopez playing like an absolute monster. I will be willing to talk deals with any and all of my players during the off-season. If you have an interest in Lopez, Z-Bo, etc. then let me know. Klay Thompson will require a top-notch player in return if you want him.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #839 on: April 04, 2015, 05:49:30 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Brook Lopez playing like an absolute monster. I will be willing to talk deals with any and all of my players during the off-season. If you have an interest in Lopez, Z-Bo, etc. then let me know. Klay Thompson will require a top-notch player in return if you want him.
Lopez is one of many players I traded too early this year.   Him, Al Horford, Rajon Rondo, Chris Paul, Pau Gasol.     

Disaster year for Bellevue.