Author Topic: Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2013 Offseason: Post Lottery  (Read 223730 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2013 Offseason: Post Lottery
« Reply #810 on: January 06, 2014, 01:33:26 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Isn't nick in the other league? If he's active there I'd nominate him for this one, but maybe he already was in it. ....idk

I would also support Nick as a GM

I remember the last time we needed a replacement GM in the H2H league, I had messaged Nick (and a few others) and he said he isn't into fantasy sports leagues (which turned out very well because I had invited FWF as well and it has worked out marvelously)...but few days later, he accepts Roy's invitation to be a co-gm. Go figure.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #811 on: January 06, 2014, 01:38:11 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'm taking over.  I hate my team already.  I'm trading everyone.  I hope you all enjoy 50 trade requests in your in-box every day. 

« Reply #812 on: January 06, 2014, 01:44:58 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
Welcome to the league, LarBrd33. Glad you decided to accept the invitation :-)

P.S. - I've forwarded your email to Lucky (he is the commish) so you just have to wait for him to send you the invitation to join the league.

« Reply #813 on: January 06, 2014, 01:50:20 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

P.S. - I've forwarded your email to Lucky (he is the commish) so you just have to wait for him to send you the invitation to join the league.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au3hkZZpVM4

If everything goes as planned... I expect us to be in the playoffs next season.  And championship in 1 year minimum... and maximum of 5 years.

« Reply #814 on: January 06, 2014, 01:57:20 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides

If everything goes as planned... I expect us to be in the playoffs next season.  And championship in 1 year minimum... and maximum of 5 years.

Swagger...I like it!!

« Reply #815 on: January 06, 2014, 02:13:05 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Swagger...I like it!!
It worked for Prokhorov.  Here they are 4 years later and well on their way to winning a championship.

Oh, wait...

« Reply #816 on: January 06, 2014, 05:41:14 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
My #1 pick can be had for a franchise player.  Now accepting bids.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 05:48:51 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #817 on: January 06, 2014, 05:54:51 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Welcome LarBrd33!!! Lets talk trade now
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #818 on: January 13, 2014, 09:42:00 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
This goes out to a few guys who weren't afraid to gamble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAbKN-tA-SM

« Reply #819 on: January 13, 2014, 01:58:45 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
best year ever. Like 2 trades a day. I can't even deal with the chaos.

« Reply #820 on: January 13, 2014, 09:10:00 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Avery Bradley is dominating James Harden tonight. If I wanted to sell high I'd advertise that. He has already gotten me more points than all of last year. Health. It's nice

« Reply #821 on: January 17, 2014, 07:03:22 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
I have Ubuntu Yall's first round pick and Lucky's first round pick that I am looking to trade. For a player or to get a higher draft pick. Two first rounders for a higher first rounder plus a second rounder. Or for a player or two.

I am not going to make a counter offer if you try to low ball me.

« Reply #822 on: March 06, 2014, 02:51:29 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

For those lurkers who aren't able to experience the joy of being involved in Lucky17's league, you guys are truly missing out.  I've been there for 2 months and I've already worn out my welcome.  Here's my most recent press release:

Bellevue Mulling Multiple Offers as Deadline Looms

By Mark Steinberg | FSPN.com

BELLEVUE, Wash --  On January 6th, 2014, LarBrd33 walked into the Wumpian Imperialists locker room and was completely mortified by what he saw.  "I opened the door to greet my new team... I couldn't f---king believe it.  Marcus Camby was smoking a cigarette on the bench.  The guy was 39 years old and hadn't played a meaningful minute of basketball in years.  What the hell was he doing here?".  Earlier that day, LarBrd33 had accepted the impossible task of breathing life into a long-dead organization.  The Imperialists (formerly "GomesFan2") had finished in the bottom 5 in four of the previous 5 seasons.  They currently had the 3rd worst record in the league, but due to league-mandated penalties, were on pace to pick 7th in the upcoming draft.  A handful of veteran players on the team had not suited up in over a year.  "There were guys here just collecting checks.  Ben Gordon, Al Harrington, Camby, Boner.  I didn't understand how this could have happened."

LarBrd33 was quick to judge his new team.  Publicly exclaiming, "I hate everything about this team.  I'm trading everyone", there was little to like about the perpetually mediocre situation he inherited.  "It wasn't ALL bad.  I mean.  We had a few assets.  Klay Thompson.  Kemba Walker.  Tyson Chandler.  Jameer Nelson.  Carlos Boozer.  Vince Carter.  DJ Augustin.  I had pieces.  I hated the potential, though.  I wasn't impressed with the youth.  I saw volume shooters, aging vets and also-rans."    The changes were swift, sudden and wide sweeping.   Before his first day on the job had ended, the Imperialists had cut 6 players and announced the immediate relocation and rebranding of the organization as the Bellevue Leprechauns.   "We needed change.  We needed direction.  We needed an identity."

Now on March 6th, 2014... exactly two months after LarBrd33 took that job, the evidence of those wide-sweeping changes is clearly evident.   All but 1 player (team Captain, Gerald Wallace) has been sent packing.   In a bold and blatant youth movement, the Leprechauns now have a total of 6 players under the age of 22 years old:  Bismack Biyombo (21), Anthony Bennett (20), Ben Mclemore (21), Shabazz Muhammad (21), Otto Porter Jr. (20) and Nerlens Noel (20).   In addition to the six prospects, the team currently owns 1/4th of the entire 2014 draft.   In total, the Leprechauns own 10 draft picks... at least half of which project to fall within the lottery.  If the season ended today, their own pick would have the top odds at the #1 pick.  It's an unprecedented attempt at building from the ground up... one in which LarBrd33 is keenly aware may backfire.   "We don't know what will happen here.  Right now we are clearly the worst team in the league.  I like the potential of our guys.  I like the potential of this draft.  But right now it's just potential.  We understand that we'll be lucky to see 1 of these guys pan out.  The fans are restless, but they need to understand that this is a top-heavy league.  The old guard isn't stepping down anytime soon.  I felt like it would take something drastic to crack into the Golden Boys club.  What we are attempting here in Bellevue is drastic.  If 3 years from now we aren't seeing improvement, I'll voluntarily step down."

With the trade deadline a mere hours away, the Leprechauns are reportedly mulling multiple last-second offers to cement their complete rebuild.  Over the past week, Bellevue has ramped up it's efforts to move up in the draft.  With a scarcity of open roster spots, LarBrd33 has been steadfast in his attempts to consolidate picks.  Meanwhile, rumors swirled early Thursday morning that the team may in-fact be on the verge of shipping out a bounty of assets for a "legitimate superstar" that was recently made publicly available.  FSPN's Chaz Buick speculates via his Flutter Feed that Andre Drummond may be the target, "Hearing Drummond-to-Bellevue real possibility, but at this point I wouldn't rule out anything with Lepers".  Buzz via the popular BellevueBlog community Wednesday night pointed towards the opposite.  "My mother's boss' grandmother is sleeping with the Leprechauns receptionist and she claims that we have actually been offered MORE picks.  LarBrd33 wants the entire draft", said BellevueBlog user NormanDale.

With a hectic two months behind him, the only thing clear with LarBrd33 is that nothing is clear.  "We're looking at a lot of options.  We've been offered various things.   Something may in fact happen on Thursday or it may happen on draft day or it may happen early next season.  I don't know what the future holds.  The only thing I'm certain about is that we have a long way to go.  We aren't done."

Mark Steinberg
Senior Writer, FSPN.com

They all think I'm nuts.  Wiggins or bust!

« Reply #823 on: March 14, 2014, 01:42:45 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
If someone is interested in joining this league, send me a PM. Need a replacement GM.

« Reply #824 on: April 18, 2014, 07:47:56 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
The sad part is now that the season is over I have to reintegrate myself into society. I'm not sure if I can do it