Author Topic: Roger Clemens is playing baseball again!  (Read 2252 times)

Roger Clemens is playing baseball again!
« on: August 20, 2012, 05:33:25 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
His first game, with the Alantic "Skeeters" will be Friday.  If he does well he may pitch in a home game (???)

Today he showed command of 4 pitches, and threw 87 mph.

This was a blurb on Bleacher Report. I have  no other information but I thought it was interesting.  Jose Canseco has played in these (other) leagues too, I believe.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

Re: Roger Clemens is playing baseball again!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 05:36:43 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
His first game, with the Alantic "Skeeters" will be Friday.  If he does well he may pitch in a home game (???)

Today he showed command of 4 pitches, and threw 87 mph.

This was a blurb on Bleacher Report. I have  no other information but I thought it was interesting.  Jose Canseco has played in these (other) leagues too, I believe.
Is this the All-Doping Hall of Fame League?   ;)

Re: Roger Clemens is playing baseball again!
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 06:01:04 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Good luck to him.  It'd be great to see Selig's expression if Clemens is able to come all the way back and some MLB team signed him.  As much as I despise the Favre of baseball....I hope this is serious and he gets somewhere.

Can't be any more disgraceful or embarassing than having the poor guy waste a bunch of his money defending himself in our courts on a bogus charge.  Can't be any more disgraceful than the "mitchell report".  Can't be any more disgraceful than Selig and MLB milking the steroid era for every dime it was worth.....Then showing the righteous indignation that they continue to show today.  I think the Cabrera situation is hysterical based on the pathetic  actions of Selig and MLB. 

Clemens deserved better.