Author Topic: US official dies in Libya consulate attack in Benghazi  (Read 55139 times)

Re: US official dies in Libya consulate attack in Benghazi
« Reply #555 on: November 11, 2012, 09:56:33 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 457
Cantor knew about the affair, off with his head, JK.

The dems pulled together with nary any finger pointing following 9/11.   The GOP and FOX has a meltdown over 4 people.   While, I think it's terrible they died in both cases the fact of the matter is that people will always be in harm's way.   It's almost impossible to thwart a horde of determined attackers.  I have to laugh about all this talk of a response team.   This fight was most likely over in minutes.   The Alamo was and they had a lot better odds there than in Benghazi.  The seige last a about two weeks but the real fighting less than 20 minutes.

Too much perimeter, not enough men, not a fortifed sire and they were outgunned.   That is a recipe for swift loss.  Most embassies only have ten men guarding but are more fortified. 

On Gen Petraus, we don't know what was in the emails.  If it was classified stuff we don't need more men like him.  I have a feeling he did something we don't know about yet.  It could be classified information leaked, Benghazi related but usually people don't resign over infidelity.  I heard Obama didn't accept it initially.  But a man like the Gen could have made that go away to with his powers.  Something isn't right.

I think this is a mountain out of a molehill issue.  Sad the right has so little to offer and nice they are working at uniting the country now the elections are over.

« Reply #556 on: November 12, 2012, 10:17:04 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 72
    • Self Assay

« Reply #557 on: November 13, 2012, 04:24:23 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 221
Was Stephens targeted?

http://pjmedia.com/blog/why-did-al-qaeda-target-ambassador-stevens/?singlepage=true
This blog post doesn't seem to understand/comprehend/believe that there's no evidence AQ had anything to do with this.

« Reply #558 on: November 13, 2012, 04:27:22 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Sam Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1030
Was Stephens targeted?

http://pjmedia.com/blog/why-did-al-qaeda-target-ambassador-stevens/?singlepage=true
This blog post doesn't seem to understand/comprehend/believe that there's no evidence AQ had anything to do with this.

I haven't followed this closely recently, but do they know for a fact that AQ had no involvement in the attack?

« Reply #559 on: November 13, 2012, 04:32:51 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
I haven't followed this closely recently, but do they know for a fact that AQ had no involvement in the attack?
Decide for yourself. Old news from October:

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/oct/19/world/la-fg-libya-attack-20121020

« Reply #560 on: November 13, 2012, 05:00:47 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 72
    • Self Assay
Decide for yourself. Old news from October:

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/oct/19/world/la-fg-libya-attack-20121020
No they don't. An outdated article in the LA Times is not incontrovertible proof either.

« Reply #561 on: November 13, 2012, 06:05:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• Bob Cousy
  • Tommy Points: 2001
Well saying that Al Qeada was involved enough times so that people start repeating it and believing it is true, doesn't make it true either. AQ has made no claim to the attack and no proof has come forward that they were. Just saying they were isn't going to make it true.
2015 CB HISTORICAL DRAFT: COMING THIS OCTOBER
FORMAT:
3 players from 1960-73
3 players from 1974-86
3 players from 1987-00
3 players from 2001-Pres
1 player from any era

« Reply #562 on: November 13, 2012, 06:36:17 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
No they don't. An outdated article in the LA Times is not incontrovertible proof either.
Outdated? It's not even a month old. Do you suppose that the events of September 11th change as time goes on? This was the result of a five-week investigation. If you want incontrovertible proof that AQ wasn't involved, it will never exist to everyone's satisfaction.

al-Zawahiri hasn't taken credit for it, despite having the opportunity to do so. I'm not sure why this doesn't mean that the burden of proof is on the people who say that AQ was behind it.

« Reply #563 on: November 13, 2012, 06:44:42 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 457
Every embassy out there is dependent on the goodwill of it's host country.  They simply do not have the means to defend theirselves.

« Reply #564 on: November 15, 2012, 01:04:08 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 710
Typical John McCain grandstanding buffoonery: he skips a closed-door two-hour briefing on Benghazi to appear before cameras in a political attack on the Obama administration.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #565 on: November 15, 2012, 01:07:50 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 559
  • Historical Draft Best Overall/Best Defensive team
Typical John McCain grandstanding buffoonery: he skips a closed-door two-hour briefing on Benghazi to appear before cameras in a political attack on the Obama administration.

John McCain is an American hero, have a little respect.

Also, I heard a rumor that the attack really was about a movie.  They were still trying to get that plutonium that Doc Brown took from them.

Indiana CB Draft, Kevin Durant, Deron Williams, Luis Scola, Robin Lopez, Ray Allen, Elton Brand, Rodney Stuckey, Marvin Williams, Jeff Taylor, Andrew Nicholson, Shaun Livingston, Markieff Morris, Michael Beasley

« Reply #566 on: November 15, 2012, 01:21:55 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 710

I have little respect for John McCain.  Any good he might have accomplished was completely undone by thrusting Sarah Palin in the national spotlight.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #567 on: November 15, 2012, 01:29:02 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 559
  • Historical Draft Best Overall/Best Defensive team

I have little respect for John McCain.  Any good he might have accomplished was completely undone by thrusting Sarah Palin in the national spotlight.

Well the man was tortured for 5 and half years in a POW camp while serving for your country in Vietnam, and then served his country in the senate for over 25 years.  If you don't have respect for him and what he has done for all of us, im not sure your comments deserve any further response from me.
Indiana CB Draft, Kevin Durant, Deron Williams, Luis Scola, Robin Lopez, Ray Allen, Elton Brand, Rodney Stuckey, Marvin Williams, Jeff Taylor, Andrew Nicholson, Shaun Livingston, Markieff Morris, Michael Beasley

« Reply #568 on: November 15, 2012, 01:29:20 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 138

Might be the most ridiculous statement of the year, and this is coming from a two time obama voter.

Picking a running mate you don't like in a failed presentational bid cancels out his heroic military service to this country? What is this, bizzaro world?

I mean, I disagree with him political on some, if not most things, but that has nothing to do with the amount of respect I accord his military and public service commitment.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #569 on: November 15, 2012, 01:31:53 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1940
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

You can't really be happy that McCain skipped a closed doors meeeting where likely he would've learned all the dirty laundry facts his little heart would've desired so he could get some TV time to talk about forming another commitee to look at something that already has multiple committees.

Reminds me of Clinton and Lewinsky. Partisan hacks nipping and gnashing their teeth at anything they can use to try to discredit a guy they can't unelect.

Watergate-style hearings? What in the name of senseless crap is the world coming to?

And McCain does deserve respect. He is an American Hero.

But he's currently a terrible politician and a shameful opportunist. He compromised himself pretty badly in his 2008 run, has never really redeemed himself.

DKC Portland Trailblazers Team Card
Questions about the DKC? Ask here: LINK
Free Agency Tracker: Link

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsBlog Forums.

Welcome to CelticsBlog