Author Topic: Patriots (0-0) at Titans (0-0) 9/9  (Read 6752 times)

Re: Patriots (0-0) at Titans (0-0) 9/9
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2012, 06:42:33 PM »

Offline GuyMontag

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
Really refreshing to see the Pats with a guy running for well over 100 yards.

Sure, Law Firm did it now and then, but rarely in a way that he was a major fixture of the offense.  More like keeping things going, holding leads, using up clock time.

Ridley was huge in today's game.

I'm also really excited about Jones and Hightower.  Those guys are beasts.  Happy for Tavon Wilson, too.  Big interception for him early in the game.  A lot of people doubted him as a 2nd round pick.  Hopefully he shows them all wrong.
We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about something real?

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2012, 08:38:04 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
This defense has a TON of upside to it. The run D looks like it could be one of the league's best fully healthy. It's only the pass D that looks a little out of funk, but I think McCourty is looking better than he did last year, and Chung is a borderline pro bowl safety.

The offense looks as good as it ever has. Had Brandon lloyd just kept running instead of turning around, Brady would have had 3 touchdowns instead of 2. Otherwise he and Brady looks great together!

The biggest plus I take from today is just how well the Pats contained Chris Johnson today. He couldn't find any openings whatsoever, and the man said he's been re-energized for this season. I think this is a good omen for the season!

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2012, 10:47:55 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I'm also really excited about Jones and Hightower.  Those guys are beasts.  Happy for Tavon Wilson, too.  Big interception for him early in the game.  A lot of people doubted him as a 2nd round pick.  Hopefully he shows them all wrong.

Agree with you about the rookies. Great to see all three contribute yesterday.

On Wilson, the nice thing about the INT is that it means the next several teams the Pats are facing will start scratching their heads and digging out tape of him, second guessing themselves on Wilson.
Celtics fan for life.