Author Topic: Courtney Lee dunks on Fab Melo(?) in Celtics scrimmage (Video)  (Read 17022 times)

Re: Courtney Lee dunks on Fab Melo(?) in Celtics scrimmage (Video)
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 04:17:24 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
So what?  Six inches isn't huge, it was during practice, and he didn't really dunk ON him so much as past him.

Lamer yet, he puts it on twitter.

Jesus kiljoy. A bunch of people asked for video of it on Twitter. Someone lock the medicine cabinet.
If he had just posted the video I wouldn't have said anything, as that's a little more modest.

People were asking to see if it was actually impressive or not.  It was a good dunk but not worth bragging over.  He's talking to fans that have recently watched Tony Allen, Gerald Green, Bill Walker, Nate Robinson, etc.
I don't understand your list of players down there. I have never even seen Nate rob dunk in a game lol Actually most of these players barely dunked in a game. Seen green dunk like once VS the nets and TA a few times with us.
They are all much more impressive dunkers than Courtney Lee.... I thought that was painstakingly obvious.

And we ain't talkin' 'bout a game.  Not the game that they go out and die for.  If it did happen in a game it might mean something.  Might not considering it was on an unrefined rookie.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2012, 04:20:59 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
So what?  Six inches isn't huge, it was during practice, and he didn't really dunk ON him so much as past him.

pretty sure he wasnt serious wit dat tweet nd it was in jest its not dat serious him & Fab prolly laughed it off after da scrimmage quit cryin lol
Giving your opinion is called crying in your language?
Philly:

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2012, 04:26:35 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I'm just happy that Melo didn't tweet, something like this:

Don't like to brag, but today a little dude tried to dunk on me, and they had to scrape him off the wall.

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2012, 04:31:17 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Who was it who made the pass?

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2012, 04:38:57 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
Who was it who made the pass?

I have not even the slightest of ideas.  He went nameless in Forsberg's article.

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2012, 05:07:07 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Slow reaction there should have simply interposed his body between the man and the bucket instead of that swat at the ball.  Other hand would have been better too than blocking across himself.  He'll learn.

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2012, 05:18:11 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
what if this causes Melo to layout the next 'midget' that tries to dunk on him in practice.

Can someone get me Alan Iverson on the line... I mean we are talking about PRACTICE

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2012, 05:20:59 PM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
I'm just happy that Melo didn't tweet, something like this:

Don't like to brag, but today a little dude tried to dunk on me, and they had to scrape him off the wall.

TP. Hopefully he'll save it for Game 1.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2012, 05:30:46 PM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 80
Slow reaction there should have simply interposed his body between the man and the bucket instead of that swat at the ball.  Other hand would have been better too than blocking across himself.  He'll learn.

He showed respect for his elder teammate in hesitating. He's got elite level shot blocking instincts and ability. He's a superfreak.

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2012, 05:33:25 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Jesus kiljoy. A bunch of people asked for video of it on Twitter. Someone lock the medicine cabinet.
If he had just posted the video I wouldn't have said anything, as that's a little more modest.

People were asking to see if it was actually impressive or not.  It was a good dunk but not worth bragging over.  He's talking to fans that have recently watched Tony Allen, Gerald Green, Bill Walker, Nate Robinson, etc.
I don't understand your list of players down there. I have never even seen Nate rob dunk in a game lol Actually most of these players barely dunked in a game. Seen green dunk like once VS the nets and TA a few times with us.
They are all much more impressive dunkers than Courtney Lee.... I thought that was painstakingly obvious.

And we ain't talkin' 'bout a game.  Not the game that they go out and die for.  If it did happen in a game it might mean something.  Might not considering it was on an unrefined rookie.
Well you're still a killjoy bro.  There is very little in the off season for diehard C's fans, so somebody posts a little clip and we all come over here to check it out. Can't say much about what this means that's true but at least we know these guys are working and playing together.  I am really looking forward to preseason with the roster set and everybody healthy, except maybe Avery.

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2012, 05:50:10 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He showed respect for his elder teammate in hesitating. He's got elite level shot blocking instincts and ability. He's a superfreak.

Showing respect for a team mate is preparing them to play not giving up bunny dunks.   I don't want to see him hurt our guys going hardcore on them but you practice lazy you play lazy...

Did you see his elite talent in summer league?   Not exactly as awe-inspiring as you claim it.   

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2012, 06:15:11 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Gawd, we are so starved for basketball that people are actually criticizing and analyzing this WAAAAAYYYYY beyond its real value!

Though ... if that guy in the black muscle shirt (Green?  Joseph?) is supposed to be playing defense with the skins, he really left Rondo out to dry by not picking up Lee!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2012, 06:29:29 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...

TP, exactly my thoughts.

He made it a lot harder on himself in the way he tried to get the block. Instead of just putting his hand between the ball and the rim he chose to try and pin it. It's a lot easier to catch something coming at you that then it is to catch something flying by you. Fab had almost no chance at it.

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2012, 06:49:58 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Fab has never been afraid to give the hard foul when necessary. Glad he showed good judgement there and did not put his teammate in the hospital.

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2012, 06:58:02 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald

Well you're still a killjoy bro.  There is very little in the off season for diehard C's fans, so somebody posts a little clip and we all come over here to check it out. Can't say much about what this means that's true but at least we know these guys are working and playing together.  I am really looking forward to preseason with the roster set and everybody healthy, except maybe Avery.
Did I really ruin everybody's day that badly?  By giving an honest and accurate description of the video?  If Wade posted a video of himself dunking on Dexter Pittman everybody would be dying to say how arrogant he is.

Can you no longer enJOY this video because I gave my opinion on it?

I love that players are willing to share stuff with us, but is something that happens all the time really worth sharing?  Maybe it is and that's why I don't read twitter?  Does Terry brag about 4 point plays in practice?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 07:23:51 PM by mgent »
Philly: