Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! H2H Hoops League: 2013 offseason: Post-lottery  (Read 308804 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! H2H Hoops League: 2013 offseason: Post-lottery
« Reply #915 on: September 23, 2013, 11:26:25 AM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Btw, there are two more trades waiting for their official announcements. Perhaps, 1 or two more, depending on when the details get ironed out.

Mk

I think i have one -- the 24 hr deadline was the middle of the night last night --- but i'll double check.

----

For anyone who missed it: Lucky is on vacation for 3 weeks so from now till then trades (confirmations from both teams) should be sent to me.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #916 on: September 23, 2013, 11:26:47 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Have we ever had a two-peat in this league? If no, I have a feeling we will see it this season.

I wouldn't count on it - I was really happy with how I put my team in a position to win when the playoffs rolled around, but I still needed a lot to break my way for it to work out.  Heck, I had to squeak out 3 categories just to win 6-5 in the first round. 

I think I'll be in the title mix again but there's way too much variability in the playoffs to be confident of anything else.

« Reply #917 on: September 23, 2013, 11:30:52 AM »

• Rajon Rondo

Well, I also gave up Paul George and Luol Deng. FWF is still the champ and will be unless someone beats him. If you look at the finals result (10-1, I believe) you will probably realize what I meant.

;D was just bustin' chops BFM... And yeah, MK's point is well taken: it's a long season and injuries and late season rest plays a big role. Teams that appear to be too proficient to lose sometimes do... and DarkHorses sometimes arise.

I think it will be an interesting season and given that we've already had more than a dozen trades and Roster Cut Down Day is still 3+ weeks away (Sun. Oct. 13) I think it's gonna be an active one too!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #918 on: September 23, 2013, 11:39:06 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
Btw, there are two more trades waiting for their official announcements. Perhaps, 1 or two more, depending on when the details get ironed out.

Mk

I think i have one -- the 24 hr deadline was the middle of the night last night --- but i'll double check.

----

For anyone who missed it: Lucky is on vacation for 3 weeks so from now till then trades (confirmations from both teams) should be sent to me.

Hey GC, you should have two from me, 1 via CB PMs and the other via email. Let me know if you do not and which one.

Mk
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 11:44:31 AM by mkogav »

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #919 on: September 23, 2013, 12:02:09 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
Thanks for the reminder about the email one MK... i'll get to them after lunch.

« Reply #920 on: September 23, 2013, 12:10:11 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
Thanks for the reminder about the email one MK... i'll get to them after lunch.

Thanks GC, and think about the offer that I send you to. It's there if you want it.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #921 on: September 23, 2013, 01:01:25 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Utah Flash's front office has had a very busy off-season ;)
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #922 on: September 23, 2013, 01:12:28 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Sometimes I have no idea how he does it. I suspect there might be a team of guys in an office somewhere at NASA or something

« Reply #923 on: September 23, 2013, 01:26:49 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Ok...Ok

I've done a tad bit o homework.....I think I'm ready for people to just put their offers back on the table
In the past I made a lot of offers and had to actually keep notes on what I offered.  This time I have to do it the other way around.

There have been several of my players inquired about.

Feel free to reapproach so I can write this stuff down. I have become more familiar with my roster.  I'm getting closer.

Part of the reason I need to start over a bit here is that a lot of stuff has moved hands

« Reply #924 on: September 23, 2013, 01:49:37 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
Sometimes I have no idea how he does it. I suspect there might be a team of guys in an office somewhere at NASA or something

Last year I had to fire my NASA staffers as they talked me into the ill-fated Henson & Shved for Matthews & Devin Harris Points league trade.

Now, I rely solely on my IPhone, coffee, and never sleeping.

Mk

DKC Knicks

« Reply #925 on: September 23, 2013, 01:50:42 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
Ok...Ok

I've done a tad bit o homework.....I think I'm ready for people to just put their offers back on the table
In the past I made a lot of offers and had to actually keep notes on what I offered.  This time I have to do it the other way around.

There have been several of my players inquired about.

Feel free to reapproach so I can write this stuff down. I have become more familiar with my roster.  I'm getting closer.

Part of the reason I need to start over a bit here is that a lot of stuff has moved hands

I assume you will reconsider my Nando De Colo for Anthony Davis trade.

Mk

DKC Knicks

« Reply #926 on: September 23, 2013, 01:51:29 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides

Last year I had to fire my NASA staffers as they talked me into the ill-fated Henson & Shved for Matthews & Devin Harris Points league trade.

Mk

Try Tim Hortons ;)

Actually don't. I think their coffee sucks. But on the other hand, you may not even have it in US.

« Reply #927 on: September 23, 2013, 02:13:49 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff

Mk

Try Tim Hortons ;)

Actually don't. I think their coffee sucks. But on the other hand, you may not even have it in US.

I actually really like SB's Blonde Blend. It's not as strong/bitter as the normal SB suff.

Btw, I LOVE Tim Horton's coffee. A couple of times each year, I head up to Northern Maine on some fishing trips. Tim Hortons coffee is a staple of the drive up and back.

On my last trip, I picked up a box of Tim Hortons K-Cups, but it's a little weak, so I ended doing 6 or 8oz twice instead of the normal 10.

Mk

DKC Knicks

« Reply #928 on: September 23, 2013, 02:30:00 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides

Mk

Try Tim Hortons ;)

I actually really like SB's Blonde Blend. It's not as strong/bitter as the normal SB suff.

Btw, I LOVE Tim Horton's coffee. A couple of times each year, I head up to Northern Maine on some fishing trips. Tim Hortons coffee is a staple of the drive up and back.

On my last trip, I picked up a box of Tim Hortons K-Cups, but it's a little weak, so I ended doing 6 or 8oz twice instead of the normal 10.

Mk

Well, you'll fit in perfectly in Canada. You already love Timmy's. Now all you need to do is end almost every sentence in a conversation with an "eh", use maple syrup when you order pancakes, pretend like poutine is the next best thing to sliced bread...and use the metric system. Oh, and read this book for more help:

« Reply #929 on: September 23, 2013, 03:04:40 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Utah Flash trade Luol Deng

Kobe KR trades their 2014 #1 pick