Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! H2H Hoops League: 2013 offseason: Post-lottery  (Read 310562 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! H2H Hoops League: 2013 offseason: Post-lottery
« Reply #855 on: September 19, 2013, 02:53:07 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I don't think it's lose-lose since none of those guys are likely to move the needle much.  It depends who of the 3 pans out.  Most likely it'll be none of them.  Which is tie-tie as far as I'm concerned.

Royce is the most talented of the bunch but obviously has the most off-court baggage.  But you'll just have to see who can develop into a legit player, if anyone.

« Reply #856 on: September 19, 2013, 03:00:40 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Reposting (at top of page for increased visibility):

I'm going to be on a vacation for about three weeks after this weekend. Might be able to check PMs, but probably little else. I think cut down day will have to wait until I get back. Tentatively, I am proposing Sunday, October 13. How does that sound to people?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #857 on: September 19, 2013, 03:31:13 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537

I'm going to be on a vacation for about three weeks after this weekend. Might be able to check PMs, but probably little else. I think cut down day will have to wait until I get back. Tentatively, I am proposing Sunday, October 13. How does that sound to people?

Fine with me.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #858 on: September 19, 2013, 03:46:16 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
The Utah Flash have re-upped in Y! and the keepers are set.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #859 on: September 19, 2013, 04:05:33 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides

Fine with me.

Mk

The Utah Flash have re-upped in Y! and the keepers are set.

Mk

Ditto
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #860 on: September 19, 2013, 05:00:46 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
how many keepers do we select
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #861 on: September 19, 2013, 05:09:55 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

All of them.

« Reply #862 on: September 19, 2013, 05:12:35 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all

Once you've registered your team with Yahoo... just go to your team page and click on the "SELECT KEEPERS" link.

Keep all of your players from last year... this will save about a year of Lucky's time b/c all that has to be done then is to execute offseason trades and draft picks -- but only of players who end up being one of the 16 formal keepers.

So if I traded for Lebron and Kevin Durant in the offseason but don't end up keeping Lebron, Lucky doesn't have to do anything on his end (other than possibly dropping Lebron into the player pool).

Likewise if I drafted Orien Greene with the #35 pick but didn't end up with him as one of my 16 final roster spots, again Lucky don't have to do nothin'.

The old way was after cutdown day Lucky had to go in and select all 16 keepers from the player list (via find) x 20 teams... oy vey.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #863 on: September 19, 2013, 05:29:59 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

thanks Lucky. My H2H roster is off by a few players in Yahoo. It should look like this:

Rodney Stuckey
Goran Dragic
Rodrigue Beaubois
Eric Gordon
Harrison Barnes
Donatas Motiejunas
Jeff Green
Andrew Bogut
Brook Lopez
Andre Drummond
Metta World Peace
Beno Udrih
Grevis Vasquez
Jared Sullinger
Hedo Turkoglu
Orlando Johnson
Mirza Teletovich
Royce White
Jason Smith

I would cut Turkoglu, Roddy B, and Orlando Johnson and be set at this:

Rodney Stuckey
Goran Dragic
Eric Gordon
Harrison Barnes
Donatas Motiejunas
Jeff Green
Andrew Bogut
Brook Lopez
Andre Drummond
Metta World Peace
Beno Udrih
Grevis Vasquez
Jared Sullinger
Mirza Teletovich
Royce White
Jason Smith

« Reply #864 on: September 19, 2013, 05:36:48 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
what exactly is the due date for selecting your keepers?

« Reply #865 on: September 19, 2013, 05:44:22 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

I have suggested Sunday, October 13 as the cut down day, by which all rosters must be at 16 players or less.

In the meantime, please select all 16 of your currently rostered players as keepers when you first log into the Yahoo league.

« Reply #866 on: September 19, 2013, 05:49:28 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

I have suggested Sunday, October 13 as the cut down day, by which all rosters must be at 16 players or less.

In the meantime, please select all 16 of your currently rostered players as keepers when you first log into the Yahoo league.
My remaining brain cells are slowly figuring out what you're saying. Select all 16 for now....then on Oct 13 we have to cut someone to make space for our new guys? Which will be done manually by you Lucky? 

« Reply #867 on: September 19, 2013, 05:51:50 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

My remaining brain cells are slowly figuring out what you're saying. Select all 16 for now....then on Oct 13 we have to cut someone to make space for our new guys? Which will be done manually by you Lucky?

Yep. We're going into this weird period now where the league will be up on Yahoo!, but a lot of the league activity will continue to take place "offline".

If you haven't already, bookmark this page, as you're going to need to refer to it frequently between now and cut down day:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqAKypeeNiSddDVXbmV3SG90NEtHZG9NT2ppLUFmRmc#gid=0

« Reply #868 on: September 19, 2013, 05:54:19 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Yep. We're going into this weird period now where the league will be up on Yahoo!, but a lot of the league activity will continue to take place "offline".

If you haven't already, bookmark this page, as you're going to need to refer to it frequently between now and cut down day:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqAKypeeNiSddDVXbmV3SG90NEtHZG9NT2ppLUFmRmc#gid=0
riiiiigghhhtt...so trades involving our recent draft picks and whatnot would happen here now?

« Reply #869 on: September 19, 2013, 05:57:03 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

riiiiigghhhtt...so trades involving our recent draft picks and whatnot would happen here now?

They would continue here.

And all rosters on that doc should be up to date, with the exception of the most recently announced trade (still in review period).