Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! H2H Hoops League: 2013 offseason: Post-lottery  (Read 308388 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! H2H Hoops League: 2012-13 season: Rookie Draft
« Reply #600 on: October 17, 2012, 08:49:43 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I'm a little uncomfortable with Wiggle dictating policy from "beyond the grave".

You guys, Champkind wrote me a really heartfelt private message, that I won't share the content of without his permission - but it got to me.

In fact, as of this afternoon, virtually every guy in the league has reached out to me. I appreciate it, sincerely.

So, while I do have some hard feelilngs, I will return to the league on ONE condition - that you all promise to mock me mercislessly for quitting in a huff yesterday. My boy Delonte would be proud.

Lucky will you resend me the link to the league, please?

To be honest I think without you in the league nobody would tell me ow stupid my trades were, I couldn't give that up!
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #601 on: October 17, 2012, 11:13:06 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
I'm a little uncomfortable with Wiggle dictating policy from "beyond the grave".

You guys, Champkind wrote me a really heartfelt private message, that I won't share the content of without his permission - but it got to me.

In fact, as of this afternoon, virtually every guy in the league has reached out to me. I appreciate it, sincerely.

So, while I do have some hard feelilngs, I will return to the league on ONE condition - that you all promise to mock me mercislessly for quitting in a huff yesterday. My boy Delonte would be proud.

Great news! Welcome back WW, the league wouldn't have been the same without you. TP's to Champkind for coming up clutch in getting you to return.

« Reply #602 on: October 18, 2012, 12:20:41 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.

Fun fact: that heartfelt private message used the term "dickpunch" no fewer than three times.

It was only eight words long.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #603 on: October 18, 2012, 04:37:16 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

To be honest I think without you in the league nobody would tell me ow stupid my trades were, I couldn't give that up!
Well, if you want, I'll tell you how stupid your trades are! ;D

« Reply #604 on: October 18, 2012, 01:22:54 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie

Yeah, I need to get back to that.

Kwhit sends Kendall Marshall, Jan Vesely, own 2013 1st, Utah Flash 2013 1st
MakeMeSomeBacon sends Al Horford and Jason Maxiell

Roofies? Full disclosure, I'm biased, I offered MMSB much more for Horford, though no 1sts. But to trade away a top 20-30 player and not land one NBA starter is rough. Heck, even odds that Maxiell out produces Marshall and Vesely.

MakeMeSomeBacon sends Taj Gibson
Rubio & Friends send Landry Fields

This deal is solid. I'd rather have Fields, but only because he was once a draft pick of mine.*

*Sung to the tune of Scarborough Fair.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 01:28:39 PM by The Walker Wiggle »

« Reply #605 on: October 18, 2012, 08:07:49 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
[copied from the Points league announcement]

I am in the process of uploading rosters.

GMs should double check the roster page on google, to be sure there are no mistakes.

Also, please check the league settings, to be sure I haven't overlooked something.

Teams that have less than 16 players will see a random draftee for each available roster slot. Yahoo! will not let me complete an offline draft with any team having fewer than 16 picks. So, if you see a guy on your squad who doesn't belong there, this is why.

Lastly, there are a couple of players on rosters who are not yet in the Yahoo! system: Pietrus, Barbosa, Oden, etc. I have bolded those players on the google doc, and have assigned a placeholder to complete the draft (see above). If a GM wishes to retain the rights to one of these players, he must devote an open roster slot (a "ghost" slot, of sorts), per the constitution; in other words, he must immediately drop the random player. Otherwise, the moment this empty slot is filled, the rights to that player are relinquished, and he becomes a free agent whenever he is entered into the Yahoo! pool of players.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! H2H Hoops League: 2012-13: Rosters are up! Waivers on!
« Reply #606 on: October 19, 2012, 01:03:53 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
I'm going to flip the switch tomorrow morning.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 12:00:17 PM by Lucky17 »

« Reply #607 on: October 19, 2012, 12:01:40 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
Rosters are up. Waiver period begins.

Waiver priority is based on order of regular season finish from last season, with the exception of the two finalists receiving 1st and 2nd priority (The Walker Wiggle and Yall Hate, respectively).

« Reply #608 on: October 19, 2012, 12:12:06 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
Yahoo! is seriously screwing with me this morning. Along with refusing to allow me to post in the forums, they added Leandro Barbosa overnight, after I had uploaded rosters.

Upshot: Rondo, I've added Barbosa to your roster, without adversely affecting your waiver priority.

« Reply #609 on: October 19, 2012, 12:13:04 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Done got my lineup set, lol. But i cant drop anyone so im set when the season starts.
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #610 on: October 19, 2012, 12:14:24 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
Rosters are up. Waiver period begins.

Waiver priority is based on order of regular season finish from last season, with the exception of the two finalists receiving 1st and 2nd priority (The Walker Wiggle and Yall Hate, respectively).

TP!

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #611 on: October 19, 2012, 12:20:38 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
TP to u Lucky for doing a great job on both leagues!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #612 on: October 22, 2012, 10:16:14 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Hey Lucky, not sure what's up on the agenda, but would it be possible to lock down our swap rights rules before the season starts?  I want to make sure we all know what is and isn't kosher before the ball gets rolling.

Personally I'd prefer no swap rights on 2nds, with a single swap right on 1sts that can be traded with the pick.  It's moderately flexible without getting ridiculously complex.  But I'm open to other suggestions.

« Reply #613 on: October 22, 2012, 10:25:08 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
I can put up a poll. How should it be phrased?

« Reply #614 on: October 22, 2012, 10:29:52 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I can put up a poll. How should it be phrased?

Hmm.  Might be best to split it - first decide how rights can be attached, then when we sort that out decide what happens if they're traded. 

So for the first one, options could be something like:

Unlimited swap rights for 1st and 2nd rounders
Unlimited swap rights for 1sts, none for 2nds
1sts and 2nds can have one swap right attached.
1sts can have one swap right attached, no swap rights for 2nds.
No swap rights for 1sts or 2nds.

Obviously if we did the last one we'd have to grandfather in deals that have already been made.  But I don't think that'll win anyway.