Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! H2H Hoops League: 2013 offseason: Post-lottery  (Read 308389 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! H2H Hoops League: 2012-13 season: Rookie Draft
« Reply #585 on: October 17, 2012, 02:47:14 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Trade on the board:

MakeMeSomeBacon sends Taj Gibson
Rubio & Friends send Landry Fields

Review period follows. I'll upload rosters after this review passes.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #586 on: October 17, 2012, 02:50:46 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Thanks Lucky and other GM's for allowing mine and WW trade to go through.
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #587 on: October 17, 2012, 03:20:22 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
And as for Nick, as you have said Ad nauseam , the rules are the rules.  The rules clearly state that if you quit, you get to select a new manager.  He left.  He get's to pick his replacement.  [I feel bad for Nick, since he has done nothing wrong, and obviously the defending champions team is desirable, but it wouldn't be comporting with the rules of the league, which we are apparently enforcing to the strictest letter.  So Nick, it appears, needs to wait until an owner is removed (and then Lucky get's to decide, I believe, or till someone quits and hands their team over to him).  Maybe not the best situation, but those are the rules. 

I like Nick and think he'd make a fine manager, but the rules clearly say WW has first crack at choosing a replacement, so that's what we should go by.  There's no time window for how long he gets, so I'd say that's up to the commish's discretion.

I think you guys might be confused by what the rule "clearly states":

GMs will be replaced on a first-come, first-served basis at the discretion of the commissioner. If a departing GM wishes to nominate his/her replacement, the commissioner will consider that replacement’s candidacy.

It doesn't say Wiggle's pick automatically gets chosen.  It says that Lucky will consider that person, but there's absolutely nothing that says that person needs to be chosen.

Maybe if we're going to be a league that's so stringently run by the rules, the various GMs can take the time to read them.  At that point, perhaps demeaning lectures about what the rules "clearly state" would have some meaning.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #588 on: October 17, 2012, 03:48:16 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
And as for Nick, as you have said Ad nauseam , the rules are the rules.  The rules clearly state that if you quit, you get to select a new manager.  He left.  He get's to pick his replacement.  [I feel bad for Nick, since he has done nothing wrong, and obviously the defending champions team is desirable, but it wouldn't be comporting with the rules of the league, which we are apparently enforcing to the strictest letter.  So Nick, it appears, needs to wait until an owner is removed (and then Lucky get's to decide, I believe, or till someone quits and hands their team over to him).  Maybe not the best situation, but those are the rules. 

I like Nick and think he'd make a fine manager, but the rules clearly say WW has first crack at choosing a replacement, so that's what we should go by.  There's no time window for how long he gets, so I'd say that's up to the commish's discretion.

GMs will be replaced on a first-come, first-served basis at the discretion of the commissioner. If a departing GM wishes to nominate his/her replacement, the commissioner will consider that replacement’s candidacy.

It doesn't say Wiggle's pick automatically gets chosen.  It says that Lucky will consider that person, but there's absolutely nothing that says that person needs to be chosen.

Maybe if we're going to be a league that's so stringently run by the rules, the various GMs can take the time to read them.  At that point, perhaps demeaning lectures about what the rules "clearly state" would have some meaning.

Fair point. 

We can let the process run its course.  Wiggle may (or may not) suggest a candidate and Lucky can weight that and make his choice for manager. 

It sounds like there are likely to be 4 candidates, Nick, the two who posted about an opening prior to yesterday and a suggestion from wiggle (should he make one).

« Reply #589 on: October 17, 2012, 04:22:40 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Fair enough.  My mistake for misstating the rules.  And sincerest apologies for any demeaning you may have felt while reading it. 

« Reply #590 on: October 17, 2012, 05:57:52 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
I'm a little uncomfortable with Wiggle dictating policy from "beyond the grave".

You guys, Champkind wrote me a really heartfelt private message, that I won't share the content of without his permission - but it got to me.

In fact, as of this afternoon, virtually every guy in the league has reached out to me. I appreciate it, sincerely.

So, while I do have some hard feelilngs, I will return to the league on ONE condition - that you all promise to mock me mercislessly for quitting in a huff yesterday. My boy Delonte would be proud.

Lucky will you resend me the link to the league, please?

« Reply #591 on: October 17, 2012, 06:00:51 PM »

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie
I love that we had all twenty managers return this season - that's a first. But when can we get Nick a team of his own?

Interesting that things have changed since this sentiment from a week ago.

I hadn't forgotten writing the above, by the way. Nick, I do appreciate your response yesterday and your understanding. It speaks volumes about you.

« Reply #592 on: October 17, 2012, 06:01:48 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
I'm a little uncomfortable with Wiggle dictating policy from "beyond the grave".

You guys, Champkind wrote me a really heartfelt private message, that I won't share the content of without his permission - but it got to me.

In fact, as of this afternoon, virtually every guy in the league has reached out to me. I appreciate it, sincerely.

So, while I do have some hard feelilngs, I will return to the league on ONE condition - that you all promise to mock me mercislessly for quitting in a huff yesterday. My boy Delonte would be proud.

Lucky will you resend me the link to the league, please?

Sry, I quit mock other GM yesterday, but for you I will start again.

Glad to have you back and look forward to putting a beating on your team this season.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #593 on: October 17, 2012, 06:05:19 PM »

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie

Glad to have you back and look forward to putting a beating on your team this season.

Mk

You were just worried you were going to have to stick with your own draft picks going ahead.

« Reply #594 on: October 17, 2012, 06:06:37 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
Welcome back Walker Wiggle!!!!!!!!!!!!! Felt like only yesterday that u left, oh wait, lol..but im hearing the theme song "Welcome Back Kotter" in my head

« Reply #595 on: October 17, 2012, 06:14:53 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
I think it's only fair that TWW posts a video of him actually doing the walker wiggle to be   back in.

glad you changed your mind.

« Reply #596 on: October 17, 2012, 06:20:02 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537

Mk

You were just worried you were going to have to stick with your own draft picks going ahead.

I can't lie. I was looking forward to the replacement GM waiving Machado next week. I guess I will have to wait until later this season when you waive him.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #597 on: October 17, 2012, 07:21:03 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
I miss all the trade proposals and trades!! Im having withdraws

« Reply #598 on: October 17, 2012, 07:23:33 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I love that we had all twenty managers return this season - that's a first. But when can we get Nick a team of his own?

Interesting that things have changed since this sentiment from a week ago.

I hadn't forgotten writing the above, by the way. Nick, I do appreciate your response yesterday and your understanding. It speaks volumes about you.
The important thing is that you are back and now can make me eat my words as I make statements and predictions.

Ahhhh, the world is back the way it should be. :)

BTW, take your beating like a man during the season. See you in the playoffs.

« Reply #599 on: October 17, 2012, 07:50:40 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Yay!  Glad to hear it.  Sorry for Nick's or Alternate GM X's sake, though.  I do think you should've made an alt called The Wilker Waggle and pretended to be a different guy.

But now that it's settled, can we all put away the drama and the hurt and let the healing begin?  Just let it wash over you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvWrR4qSmKw

It's ok to weep a little as you silently mouth the crescendo.  Strong men also cry.  Strong men...also cry.