Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! H2H Hoops League: 2013 offseason: Post-lottery  (Read 310635 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! H2H Hoops League: 2012-13 season: Rookie Draft
« Reply #480 on: October 16, 2012, 11:54:21 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Another trade:

Draft Dodgers send own 2013 2nd rd pick
Rusted Rims send Tyrus Thomas

I think that's a really smart trade by the Wiggle.  I would have taken a flyer, as well, but our roster is full.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #481 on: October 16, 2012, 11:54:57 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
Another trade:

Draft Dodgers send own 2013 2nd rd pick
Rusted Rims send Tyrus Thomas

The WW is going on a preseason shopping spree!

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #482 on: October 16, 2012, 11:58:04 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I was close to taking that flier on Ty Thomas, but I wanted to save my 2nd rounder for another deal.

Coincidentally:

Lucky17 trades own 2013 2nd rounder
Birdman trades Tyler Hansbrough

I am dropping Jordan Farmar. Both my and Birdman's rosters are at 16 players, pending the deal.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #483 on: October 16, 2012, 12:06:30 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
I was close to taking that flier on Ty Thomas, but I wanted to save my 2nd rounder for another deal.

Coincidentally:

I am dropping Jordan Farmar. Both my and Birdman's rosters are at 16 players, pending the deal.

Nice deal. Hansbrough is an efficient player who should get more minutes if West gets hurt or leaves Indy.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #484 on: October 16, 2012, 12:11:44 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Still need to move some players before the deadline. Here's who is the most available:

Devin Harris
Jarrett Jack
DeMar DeRozan
Luis Scola
Zach Randolph
Jamal Crawford
Jodie Meeks
Martell Webster
Boris Diaw
Jason Thompson
Marquis Teague
Jae Crowder
Doron Lamb

2-for-1s preferred, but I'm open to just about anything.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #485 on: October 16, 2012, 12:23:30 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414

Coincidentally:

I really didnt want to trade Psycho T but I had no room for him. I chose Brandan Wright over him pending if deal goes through. So I was going to cut Psycho T but better get something for nothing. So I got a 2nd rounder for him and that can be a trade chip in the future
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #486 on: October 16, 2012, 12:28:19 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
So heres my roster if both trades goes through:

PG-Damon Lillard
PG-Austin Rivers
PG-Ramon sessions
SG-Courtney Lee
SG-Nick Young
SG-Wes Johnson
SG-Caron Butler
SF-Derrick Williams
SF-Mike Dunleavy
SF-Andrew Nicholson
PF-Kenneth Faried
PF-Patrick Patterson
PF-Branden Wright
PF-Terrence Jones
C--Enes Katner
C--DeAndre Jordan

Very young team thats for sure!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #487 on: October 16, 2012, 01:02:54 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
8 teams still need to make cuts.

blake
Gainesville Celtics
Juggernauts2
MakeMeSomeBacon
The Rusted Rims
Designated Drinkers
Draft Dodgers
Password is Taco

« Reply #488 on: October 16, 2012, 01:25:08 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
Trade for review:

Designated Drinkers trade J.J. Barea
Gainesville Celtics trade right to swap own 2013 1st rounder with Designated Drinkers' 2013 1st rounder

« Reply #489 on: October 16, 2012, 01:31:53 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Trade for review:

Gainesville Celtics trade right to swap own 2013 1st rounder with Designated Drinkers' 2013 1st rounder

If I understand this deal correctly, DD is trading Barea for the right to swap #1s with a team it finished behind last year?

Also, as a point of clarification:  there's a review period for these deals, right?  But rosters still need to be cut down before this evening, right?

In other words, a GM can't have 17 players, with the understanding that a trade scheduled to go through tomorrow will get them down to 16.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #490 on: October 16, 2012, 01:39:27 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

Also, as a point of clarification:  there's a review period for these deals, right?  But rosters still need to be cut down before this evening, right?

In other words, a GM can't have 17 players, with the understanding that a trade scheduled to go through tomorrow will get them down to 16.

We do have a 24-hour review for all trades. Because we're butting up right against the deadline, as usual, I think that we should operate on the good-faith assumption that all deals will go through.

If, however, a trade gets vetoed by the rest of the league, then I think any teams who will need to adjust cuts accordingly should have a grace period to do so.

What do other people think?

« Reply #491 on: October 16, 2012, 01:41:01 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

We do have a 24-hour review for all trades. Because we're butting up right against the deadline, as usual, I think that we should operate on the good-faith assumption that all deals will go through.

If, however, a trade gets vetoed by the rest of the league, then I think any teams who will need to adjust cuts accordingly should have a grace period to do so.

I'm going to object. 

Rules are rules, and as indicated last year, trades need to be assessed based upon the rules in effect at the time.  We haven't bent rules in the past, and it's patently unfair to do so here.  If there was one thing the league was crystal clear on last year, it's that rules shouldn't be modified retroactively.

The deadline and the trade review period have been in place for quite some time.  If people procrastinated and missed out by doing so, it's on them.  It's unfair to allow some teams to carry 17 players past the deadline.

« Reply #492 on: October 16, 2012, 01:41:55 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537

Agreed.

Plus, if anyone has an issue with any trade, bring it up as soon as possible.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #493 on: October 16, 2012, 01:48:09 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

I'm going to object. 

Rules are rules, and as indicated last year, trades need to be assessed based upon the rules in effect at the time.  We haven't bent rules in the past, and it's patently unfair to do so here.  If there was one thing the league was crystal clear on last year, it's that rules shouldn't be modified retroactively.

The deadline and the trade review period have been in place for quite some time.  If people procrastinated and missed out by doing so, it's on them.  It's unfair to allow some teams to carry 17 players past the deadline.

I agree with this, less rule bending the better, it spares hurt feelings.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #494 on: October 16, 2012, 01:52:13 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Trade for review:

If I understand this deal correctly, DD is trading Barea for the right to swap #1s with a team it finished behind last year?

Designated Drinkers finished ahead of the Gainesville Celtics last year.

I'm going to object. 

hmm... didn't see any suggestion of bending the rules...

I'll just cut to 15 players if that's necessary --- but I can't speak for Designated Drinkers I guess...

For arguments sake --- not that I could ever win one with Roy  ;D ---

during the season if teams make a trade 1 min. before the trade deadline that's unbalanced -- say this same deal -- there is still 24 hr. review period. The Yahoo software asks me who I want to waive (since taking on a 17th player isn't allowed) assuming the deal goes through. If it doesn't I don't end up waiving that player.

I don't see why that wouldn't apply here (again i guess I can't speak for what DD would do...)
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!