Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! H2H Hoops League: 2013 offseason: Post-lottery  (Read 308426 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! H2H Hoops League: 2012-13 season: Rookie Draft
« Reply #390 on: October 09, 2012, 02:21:43 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
It's not over.  We could experience a freakish run of injuries that leaves us with only 50% of our roster active in the playoffs.  Or, a minority of the league could conspire to screw us on a legitimate trade we make.  Or, like last year, both could occur.  ;D

"Bad luck" the refrain of losers everywhere.

And sometimes they're right.

Even though we were playing at 50% strength, we still outpointed your squad during Finals week.  We both know that the best team didn't win.

No, the best manager did. You guys clung to a couple of excuses and too much fantasy dead weight. You could've made a real run at it, but couldn't stomache the risks.  :-*

« Reply #391 on: October 09, 2012, 02:22:13 PM »

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie
Last season was a war of attrition, I was decimated by injuries, so was YH, he just doesn't talk about it as much.

P.S. I outscored both Finals teams in 2009, but I didn't deserve to be there, because MK was brilliant in picking his starters, whereas I ran Jannero Pargo out ahead of rookie Serge Ibaka on a crucial Sunday.

EDIT - Yes that still stings. Even more than M@rc*s Th#rnt#n or JaVale McGee and a 1st for Allen Iverson. (Frankly, if AI mounted a comeback I'd probably make that mistake again.)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 02:27:34 PM by The Walker Wiggle »

« Reply #392 on: October 09, 2012, 02:29:38 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It's not over.  We could experience a freakish run of injuries that leaves us with only 50% of our roster active in the playoffs.  Or, a minority of the league could conspire to screw us on a legitimate trade we make.  Or, like last year, both could occur.  ;D

Even though we were playing at 50% strength, we still outpointed your squad during Finals week.  We both know that the best team didn't win.

No, the best manager did. You guys clung to a couple of excuses and too much fantasy dead weight. You could've made a real run at it, but couldn't stomache the risks.  :-*

Put your money where your mouth is.  Or, at least, your draft pick where your keyboard is.

Our #1 for your #1, straight up.  Let's make the season meaningful.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #393 on: October 09, 2012, 02:36:02 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

Put your money where your mouth is.  Or, at least, your draft pick where your keyboard is.

Want to make it meaningfu? give me your #1 for my #2
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #394 on: October 09, 2012, 02:38:01 PM »

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie

I might want to take a page from your playbook and tank a year.

« Reply #395 on: October 09, 2012, 02:38:19 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Talent redistribution?  One more step toward the Marxist H2H league...

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #396 on: October 09, 2012, 02:40:26 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

I aready nominated myself the head of the talent redistribution party with a goal of getting enough votes in my voting block to push through some "Unique" rules.  Nobody seemed to go for it though.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #397 on: October 09, 2012, 02:40:41 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I might to take a page from your playbook and tank a year.

In other words, you're scared.  I can't say that I blame you.

« Reply #398 on: October 09, 2012, 02:43:53 PM »

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie

Says Mr. Consolation Picks.

« Reply #399 on: October 09, 2012, 02:44:15 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

You didnt build that team roy, other people traded you players to make that happen. 

« Reply #400 on: October 09, 2012, 02:44:44 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

There's enough #2 flying around here as it is.

« Reply #401 on: October 09, 2012, 03:00:36 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

You didnt build that team roy, other people traded you players to make that happen.

If only I could have traded on my Cherokee heritage to improve my draft position.

« Reply #402 on: October 09, 2012, 03:05:16 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Peeing match aside, it was kinda weird that just about every playoff team had loads of injuries by the end of the season - it was pretty much a limp to the finish line.  Anyone who stayed healthy would've bulldozed the other contenders.  Heck, I'm pretty sure my gang of rookies and also-rans outpointed both of you in the last week - I know I was well ahead of both finalists. 

This of course means I'm automatically champion and Hobbs and Wiggle have to spend eternity devouring each other as the crankiest ouroborus imaginable.  Book it!   ;)

« Reply #403 on: October 09, 2012, 03:10:04 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I can't believe you used the word ouroboros. Outstanding.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #404 on: October 09, 2012, 03:19:14 PM »

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie
I can't believe you used the word ouroboros. Outstanding.

Possibly the only subject that Roy and I can agree on, THE FWF has been a great addition to the league.