Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! H2H Hoops League: 2013 offseason: Post-lottery  (Read 308390 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! H2H Hoops League: 2012-13 season: Rookie Draft
« Reply #360 on: October 03, 2012, 01:57:06 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Fun fact, I accidentally reacquired Marcus Morris in the Caron Butler for Ray Allen deal that I made with the Webskins. My original target was again #11 pick Klay Thompson, but Kane somehow talked me down from Thompson, to a 2012 1st, to the worse Morris brother and the rights to swap 1sts.

This sounds a lot like Sam Presti talking Danny down from James Harden to Jeff Green in the Perkins deal.

Props to Presti... I mean Kane!

Mk

TP. Great comparison. And Kane does deserve credit. Guy had my head spinning.

« Reply #361 on: October 03, 2012, 03:13:04 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
As opposed to drafting as a points league and using those results in a H2H league? Should we bring back games played limits?

We didn't change the points league to a H2H league, though.  Rather, Lucky started a totally separate, new league, and made membership optional.  Therefore, 100% of the league consented to the new structure.  Nobody got screwed, which is what the concern is with changing roster slots or categories.

As for your rejection of our trade proposal, I'll take that as an admission that you're scared. ;)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #362 on: October 03, 2012, 03:27:35 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
As opposed to drafting as a points league and using those results in a H2H league? Should we bring back games played limits?

We didn't change the points league to a H2H league, though.  Rather, Lucky started a totally separate, new league, and made membership optional.  Therefore, 100% of the league consented to the new structure.  Nobody got screwed, which is what the concern is with changing roster slots or categories.

As for your rejection of our trade proposal, I'll take that as an admission that you're scared. ;)

If you still had brook lopez instead of D-12 I wouldnt be as scared
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #363 on: October 03, 2012, 04:05:31 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537

If you still had brook lopez instead of D-12 I wouldnt be as scared

That would be Broke... I mean Brook Lopez AND James Harden instead of L4... I mean D12.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #364 on: October 03, 2012, 05:04:13 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie

I'd agree with most of the above. I just wanted to acknowledge that nobody drafted their team around a H2H strategy. I'd also point out that every rules change since has consequences. If we'd never expanded the playoff field from 6 to 8, I'd have won a THIRD title in 2011. Instead you were able to, throw some match-ups, exploit the seeding and a late trade deadline to get your first win. I'd never thought of it this way before, but I guess we can agree I did get "screwed" by that one.

Capping playoff roster moves absolutely hurt me, since I'd always prioritized a deep starting 11 over my bench. But it's a rule change that you and some others felt had a lot of merit and would improve the league long term.

Do you see where I'm going? But if you prefer TOs as a category then let's discuss.

Here's my thinking, re: AST/TO to TO.

Typically the league's best players are the ones who commit the most turnovers. They're receiving the most minutes, handling the ball more, taking more shots. Using turnovers as a category punishes managers for having and starting better players. And just about the only workable strategy is to ignore the category, which isn't exactly punting - purposely drafting high turnover players.

« Reply #365 on: October 03, 2012, 07:50:15 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
The players below are in danger of being waived by the Utah Flash. If you have some interest in any of them, please shoot me an offer or someone else may claim them.

Any reasonable deal will be accepted. Second rounders are preferred method of payment.

Kyle O'Quinn - Put a beat-down on Andre Drummond during Summer League play. Could start at C for Orlando.

Jon Leuer - The scrappy pf/c will earn his minutes behind the injury prone Varejao & inconsistent Tristan Thompson.

Nolan Smith - Will get backup minutes at both the pg and sg (now that Elliot William is out for the season) for Portland.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #366 on: October 04, 2012, 10:39:23 AM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
as scintilating as all this back-and-forth has been...

Can i get Birdman or Rusted Rims to clarify just a bit here:

BTW Birdman and I have an unofficial trade to announce, pending commish and league approval:

Rusted Rims send:

Andrew Nicholson
Michael J Dunleavy Jr
Wes Johnson
Quincy Miller

Birdman sends:

DJ Augustin
Chandler Parsons
Right to swap 2013 1sts

Sad to see Nicholson go but I wanted another PG and I'm intrigued by Parsons.

Does Rusted Rims have the right to swap #1s with Birdman?
FWIW, this is how i read it-

(or does Birdman have the right to swap #1s with The Rims?)
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #367 on: October 04, 2012, 12:27:00 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Birdman trades to the Rims the right to swap picks = Rims have the option of taking Birdman's 1st in exchange for the Rims'.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #368 on: October 05, 2012, 08:43:43 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
i will take a draft pick for carl Landry or Psycho T..and maybe Mike Dunleavy..if u want any of these great players, send me an offer..thanks...or might do a 3 for 1 deal
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 08:56:53 PM by Birdman »
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #369 on: October 06, 2012, 06:29:31 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Okay folks, just got back from long day at work. I had 6 trade proposals which is great. So let me look them over and I will get back to each of u asap. Of course, Im looking for the best deal for myself in the long run, lol
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #370 on: October 08, 2012, 09:21:03 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
One week, one day, and 8 hours from now is the cut down deadline. Below are my players who are at the end of my roster. If you have any interest, hit me up. I am not overly attached of any of them and may just swap one with you, netting a player I intend to waive.

Don't be shy.

Luke Babbit
Terrence Williams
Kyle O'Quinn
Nolan Smith
*edit*
JaJuan Johnson

I have one more player to add to the list, but I am waiting for a trade (I sent Jon Leuer out) to be officially announced.

Mk

« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 01:26:03 PM by mkogav »

DKC Knicks

« Reply #371 on: October 08, 2012, 12:50:02 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
Trade on the board:

Toine's Boys send Jajuan Johnson
Utah Flash send Jon Leuer

« Reply #372 on: October 08, 2012, 01:00:29 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff

The Utah Flash would like to welcome JaJuan Johnson to the team! JaJuan is on a camp invite. He hopes to make the 16 man regular season roster.

Good luck JJJ! Let's see something this preseason!

Mk

P.S. JJJ is on the block if anyone is interested.

DKC Knicks

« Reply #373 on: October 08, 2012, 01:20:44 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
One week and 8 hours from now is the cut down deadline.

Clarification: Cut down day is Tuesday, Oct 16, at 5 PM Eastern time. I was initially under the false impression that the 16th is a Monday.

« Reply #374 on: October 08, 2012, 01:33:44 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
One week and 8 hours from now is the cut down deadline.

Clarification: Cut down day is Tuesday, Oct 16, at 5 PM Eastern time. I was initially under the false impression that the 16th is a Monday.

What? We have a whole extra 24 extra hours???? I could cram an additional trade or three into that time. Sweet!

Maybe I should cut down on the coffee.

Mk

DKC Knicks