Author Topic: 2012 Fantasy Football Advice Thread  (Read 67422 times)

Re: 2012 Fantasy Football Advice Thread
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2012, 09:38:19 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Well I lost my first matchup

Stafford 14 pts
Jennings 3 pts
Colsten  5 pts
Harvin   10 pts
Mccoy    11 pts
Sproles  11 pts
Pettigrew 7 pts

Hanson 9 pts
NE Def  16 pts

Bench
BJGE 15 pts
Ryan Matthew DNP
Meachem 4 pts
David Wilson -2 pts
Santana Moss 4 pts

Im dropping Wilson and picking Up James Jones since Jennings is apparently hurt but im in a little bit of panic mode already.  Do I try to shake things up or stay the course.  My WR's really let me down this week.

I'd keep Wilson on board. I think you're pulling the plug on him too early, when you can just as easily jettison Santana Moss.

I can see why you'd be worried, but your biggest issue is that Jennings just didn't perform. That's not gonna be a problem every week, and sooner or later Ryan Matthews is gonna win you some games. Just give it a week or 3.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2012, 09:42:08 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

Stafford 14 pts
Jennings 3 pts
Colsten  5 pts
Harvin   10 pts
Mccoy    11 pts
Sproles  11 pts
Pettigrew 7 pts

Hanson 9 pts
NE Def  16 pts

Bench
BJGE 15 pts
Ryan Matthew DNP
Meachem 4 pts
David Wilson -2 pts
Santana Moss 4 pts

Im dropping Wilson and picking Up James Jones since Jennings is apparently hurt but im in a little bit of panic mode already.  Do I try to shake things up or stay the course.  My WR's really let me down this week.

I'd keep Wilson on board. I think you're pulling the plug on him too early, when you can just as easily jettison Santana Moss.

I can see why you'd be worried, but your biggest issue is that Jennings just didn't perform. That's not gonna be a problem every week, and sooner or later Ryan Matthews is gonna win you some games. Just give it a week or 3.

I hope so, Stafford throwing 3 picks against the rams and Mccoy not finding the Endzone didnt help either.  Im just trying to figure out if this is a fluke or i got a bunch of big names instead of good players
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2012, 10:03:19 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Ppr league just got offered Reggie Wayne for Demarco Murray.

My initial reaction is no. I like ny team and think its top 3 in my league. Im weak at WR and the guy offering is weak at RB but stacked at receiver (Wayne is on his bench). I don't have much of a bench anyway but I just don't trust Wayne either staying healthy or producing like a top receiver. Im thinking of staying the course for now.

Thoughts?

Who are the other guy's starters?

Shaub/Cutler
Turner
R Bush
J Nelson
Cruz
B Marshall
T gonzalez
Seahawks
G Hartley

Bench
Wayne
D. Thomas

My second WR starter would either be R Moss or Randall Cobb. Fairly risky id say but I think Murray could be a monster.

Since my bench is pretty weak positions aren't as important. Either Murray or Wayne would be slotted in that RB/WR spot so it comes down to who will get more fantasy points

« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2012, 10:06:45 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

My initial reaction is no. I like ny team and think its top 3 in my league. Im weak at WR and the guy offering is weak at RB but stacked at receiver (Wayne is on his bench). I don't have much of a bench anyway but I just don't trust Wayne either staying healthy or producing like a top receiver. Im thinking of staying the course for now.

Thoughts?

Shaub/Cutler
Turner
R Bush
J Nelson
Cruz
B Marshall
T gonzalez
Seahawks
G Hartley

Bench
Wayne
D. Thomas

My second WR starter would either be R Moss or Randall Cobb. Fairly risky id say but I think Murray could be a monster.

Since my bench is pretty weak positions aren't as important. Either Murray or Wayne would be slotted in that RB/WR spot so it comes down to who will get more fantasy points

If you're okay moving Murray (and I would be trying to, I don't think he's gonna stay healthy), You move him for wayyyyy more than Reggie Wayne.

Without seeing your roster, I'd look to acquire both Reggie Bush and Beast Mode, or maybe Bush and Cruz.

He's throwing Wayne at you because he had a huge week (esp in PPR leagues) but he also knows its not sustainable. Don't fall for it.

« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2012, 10:42:31 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker

Thoughts?

Shaub/Cutler
Turner
R Bush
J Nelson
Cruz
B Marshall
T gonzalez
Seahawks
G Hartley

Bench
Wayne
D. Thomas

If you're okay moving Murray (and I would be trying to, I don't think he's gonna stay healthy), You move him for wayyyyy more than Reggie Wayne.

Without seeing your roster, I'd look to acquire both Reggie Bush and Beast Mode, or maybe Bush and Cruz.

He's throwing Wayne at you because he had a huge week (esp in PPR leagues) but he also knows its not sustainable. Don't fall for it.

Yeah I got Murray at a good price because of injury risk. There's no way id be able to snag that much for him at this point though. No ones that high on him in my league mainly because of injury concerns.

In general if im winning I try not to make a move just to make one. I won week 1 against the team I thought was the best on paper and for me id like to wrap up a few more wins or if they happen to be losses then I can look for a move.

« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2012, 10:45:40 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
I was thinking of doing something funky like proposing Newton, MID and Murray/Riley for Brees and Rice. Could have been fun

« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2012, 10:53:21 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546

Stafford 14 pts
Jennings 3 pts
Colsten  5 pts
Harvin   10 pts
Mccoy    11 pts
Sproles  11 pts
Pettigrew 7 pts

Hanson 9 pts
NE Def  16 pts

Bench
BJGE 15 pts
Ryan Matthew DNP
Meachem 4 pts
David Wilson -2 pts
Santana Moss 4 pts

I agree.  Wilson has way more upside than Santana Moss.  I also think you might be able to find a more consistent WR than James Jones.  I mean see if one of the rookies is out there, Stephen Hill, Alshon Jeffrey, etc.  Alfred Morris is also available in a lot of leagues.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2012, 10:54:48 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
One tip:  Don't listen to IP when it comes to fantasy football!

He's about the only GM in our staff league consistently worse than me. ;)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2012, 11:13:52 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
One tip:  Don't listen to IP when it comes to fantasy football!

He's about the only GM in our staff league consistently worse than me. ;)

To be fair I only do that so Roy can get the moral victory. Those yokels in the staff league need the win more than I do.

« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2012, 02:58:08 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
Here is my question.  I have been offered Adrian Peterson and Mark Ingram for Trent Richardson and Shonn Greene (Ingram is obviously just a throw in).  We start 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 W/R

I have 3 excellent WR's - Marshall, Austin, and Lloyd and my top RB is Foster.  I also have Ben-Jarvis Green-Ellis and Randall Cobb (and then some flyers like David Wilson). 

So the question is, is Peterson enough of an upgrade on Richardson and Greene for me to hurt the depth.  If I make the trade I am taking a huge gamble on Peterson's health and as bye weeks start coming I will need the depth.

« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2012, 02:59:07 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Here is my question.  I have been offered Adrian Peterson and Mark Ingram for Trent Richardson and Shonn Greene (Ingram is obviously just a throw in).  We start 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 W/R

I have 3 excellent WR's - Marshall, Austin, and Lloyd and my top RB is Foster.  I also have Ben-Jarvis Green-Ellis and Randall Cobb (and then some flyers like David Wilson). 

So the question is, is Peterson enough of an upgrade on Richardson and Greene for me to hurt the depth.  If I make the trade I am taking a huge gamble on Peterson's health and as bye weeks start coming I will need the depth.

I would say definitely do that deal. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2012, 03:18:02 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Yeah man I don't see where your downside is. You've still got the lawfirm. Where is the uncertainty? AP putting up enough points to help you win the league is about as likely odds as Richardson having a healthy productive rookie year. And Ingram I think is an upgrade over Greene, not a downgrade. Shonne Green is on my 'no fly' list.

« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2012, 03:26:17 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

Yeah man I don't see where your downside is. You've still got the lawfirm. Where is the uncertainty? AP putting up enough points to help you win the league is about as likely odds as Richardson having a healthy productive rookie year. And Ingram I think is an upgrade over Greene, not a downgrade. Shonne Green is on my 'no fly' list.
The uncertainty in my mind is Peterson is coming off of ACL and MCL surgery which was like 9 months ago.  I would be putting an awful lot on that knee, which is my hesitation.  For all of Richardson's struggles against the Eagles he was the only Cleveland RB to get a carry, so he is clearly the man (of course the Browns are awful so that probably limits Richardson's TD potential a great deal).  I don't believe Greene is near the no fly zone type guy that you do.  He had a pretty solid game and had virtually all of the carries (aside from when Tebow was out there).

I was leaning towards doing the trade before posting, but was just looking for some feedback to make sure I was leaning correctly.  It appears that I am.

« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2012, 03:26:40 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker

Thoughts?

Shaub/Cutler
Turner
R Bush
J Nelson
Cruz
B Marshall
T gonzalez
Seahawks
G Hartley

Bench
Wayne
D. Thomas

Im getting offer for Denarius Thomas/victor Cruz and Michael Turner for Dermarco Murray. Isn't that still a lateral move at best? Can Cruz or Thomas compete with Murray in points?

Is randy moss/randle cobb/ogletree much worse than Turner?

« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2012, 03:39:25 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Thoughts?

Shaub/Cutler
Turner
R Bush
J Nelson
Cruz
B Marshall
T gonzalez
Seahawks
G Hartley

Bench
Wayne
D. Thomas

Im getting offer for Denarius Thomas/victor Cruz and Michael Turner for Dermarco Murray. Isn't that still a lateral move at best? Can Cruz or Thomas compete with Murray in points?

Is randy moss/randle cobb/ogletree much worse than Turner?

Don't let him throw Turner at you, insist on Bush if you're gonna do anything.