Author Topic: 2012 Fantasy Football Advice Thread  (Read 67281 times)

Re: 2012 Fantasy Football Advice Thread
« Reply #195 on: October 12, 2012, 12:08:43 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
My office league I have been offered Gronkowski and I would trade Alfred Morris and possibly Heath Miller.  My starting TE is Jason Witten.  Morris is my flex player.  I would move either Doug Martin or Denarius Moore to replace Morris in the starting lineup.  I can only start 1 TE, so is Gronk a big enough increase on Witten to make up for the loss from Morris to Moore or Martin.  I'm leaning towards no, but was curious as to others thoughts.

Anytime you can get out of Lucifer's pocket, do it.
who is lucifer in this equation.

Shanahan

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #196 on: October 12, 2012, 12:14:27 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I've got a trade on the table I'm inclined to refuse, but don't know if its the right move. PPR keeper league, with the keeper costs attached for next season.

I trade: Victor Cruz (7th rd keeper), Matt Forte (1st rd keeper)
He trade: Ray Rice (1st rd keeper) DHB (5th rd keeper)

« Reply #197 on: October 12, 2012, 12:16:09 AM »

Offline BostonNative

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
My office league I have been offered Gronkowski and I would trade Alfred Morris and possibly Heath Miller.  My starting TE is Jason Witten.  Morris is my flex player.  I would move either Doug Martin or Denarius Moore to replace Morris in the starting lineup.  I can only start 1 TE, so is Gronk a big enough increase on Witten to make up for the loss from Morris to Moore or Martin.  I'm leaning towards no, but was curious as to others thoughts.

Shanahan

wow don't do that trade >.> bad on your behalf....

« Reply #198 on: October 12, 2012, 12:18:50 AM »

Offline BostonNative

• Derrick White
I've got a trade on the table I'm inclined to refuse, but don't know if its the right move. PPR keeper league, with the keeper costs attached for next season.

hell no I cant trust ray rice much only because they are knocking down his snaps. Don't get me wrong he do what he has to do with his snaps but you can tell they are limiting him and it is very annoying. Cruz is doing his thing right now and DHB (raiders WR?) is meant for the wavier wire lol

« Reply #199 on: October 12, 2012, 12:21:54 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Also his remaining WRs are Dez Bryant, Malcomb Floyd, and Kerley.

I'm thinking about a counter with Floyd in place of DHB, but even then, I don't know if its worth it. I'd have to eat both bye weeks for the RBs, and my RB SITUATION is Reggie Bush, Forte, Mike Bush, Quizz Rodgers, and Javid Best.

I'm the current points leader, I'm not sure it's a great move even with Floyd.

« Reply #200 on: October 12, 2012, 12:25:35 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

hell no I cant trust ray rice much only because they are knocking down his snaps. Don't get me wrong he do what he has to do with his snaps but you can tell they are limiting him and it is very annoying. Cruz is doing his thing right now and DHB (raiders WR?) is meant for the wavier wire lol

That's my inclination too, and with Nicks in and out, plus the probability tht the Giants aren't going to have the lead to sit their starters during the playoffs..yeah, declining.

« Reply #201 on: October 12, 2012, 10:16:33 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'm thinking about a counter with Floyd in place of DHB, but even then, I don't know if its worth it. I'd have to eat both bye weeks for the RBs, and my RB SITUATION is Reggie Bush, Forte, Mike Bush, Quizz Rodgers, and Javid Best.

Yeah, don't do it.  I don't think the gap between Rice and Forte makes up for the gap in wide receivers.  Plus, Cruz is a significantly more valuable keeper.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #202 on: October 12, 2012, 10:32:54 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Yeah, don't do it.  I don't think the gap between Rice and Forte makes up for the gap in wide receivers.  Plus, Cruz is a significantly more valuable keeper.
I'd actually do that trade depending on what my other WR's looked like (i.e. can you take the hit on Cruz and still be ok).  Ray Rice is a big upgrade over the injury prone Forte and the rest of your RB's have various question marks i.e. Reggie injury prone, and the other three all backups or injury prone.  You could really use a RB that is basically good for 90% of the snaps every single week, something none of your backs are good for.  And yeah the Ravens are throwing more this year, but Rice is getting a lot of those (only Sproles has more receptions as a RB) and is still getting a bunch of handoffs.  In a PPR league Rice is money with 23 catches for 190 yards and he still is getting solid rushing yards and TD's.  Much safer and better option than Forte. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #203 on: October 12, 2012, 10:33:51 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Shanahan

wow don't do that trade >.> bad on your behalf....
I didn't do it, I did tell him that I would keep Witten and Martin open for Gronk if he changed his mind, but he couldn't do that. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #204 on: October 14, 2012, 11:02:51 PM »

Offline BostonNative

• Derrick White
I must say that imma beast of a trader lol I tradded for arian foster lol...the guy reallly had nothing just arian foster and a QB so i traded him

AP, Malcolm Flyod, and Mikel Lieshore for Foster and Hernandez

FYI this was about 2 weeks ago when Hernandez was hurt and everyone I had was performing well...but with that being said he was able to start everyone I traded. And im number 1 in 8/10 leagues.

« Reply #205 on: November 13, 2012, 08:23:22 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I'm 8-2 and tied for top spot. Division rival (also 8-2) has Cutler and Big Ben. He wants Luck, I also have Matt Ryan. He's asking for Luck. Offered Cruz (I have Nelson, Harvin, D. Moore, White and James Jones). He has Jimmy Graham. I have Owen Daniels. Is it a good idea to ask for Jimmy Graham for Luck? Or stay put.

« Reply #206 on: November 13, 2012, 08:33:30 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I'm 8-2 and tied for top spot. Division rival (also 8-2) has Cutler and Big Ben. He wants Luck, I also have Matt Ryan. He's asking for Luck. Offered Cruz (I have Nelson, Harvin, D. Moore, White and James Jones). He has Jimmy Graham. I have Owen Daniels. Is it a good idea to ask for Jimmy Graham for Luck? Or stay put.

Def don't stay put.  If you can trade a bench player for someone you would start you do it.
do it

« Reply #207 on: November 13, 2012, 08:36:08 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders

Def don't stay put.  If you can trade a bench player for someone you would start you do it.

Would you move Luck and another piece to get Cruz and Jimmy Graham?

« Reply #208 on: November 13, 2012, 08:41:09 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Luck + Daniels for Graham + Cruz seems pretty fair.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #209 on: November 13, 2012, 09:26:31 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders

Luck + Daniels for Graham + Cruz seems pretty fair.

Good advice. Thanks