Author Topic: 2012 Fantasy Football Advice Thread  (Read 67227 times)

Re: 2012 Fantasy Football Advice Thread
« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2012, 04:09:33 PM »

Offline BostonNative

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
sad part is in the 1st one the guy was leaning towards saying no lol.

Of all of them im hoping for the 2nd one it is my favorite.

Then I would seek out to trade harvin. I just love trading =D

« Reply #151 on: September 26, 2012, 12:38:37 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
2 trades I'm considering offering:

Nuts and bolts: Keeper league, where keepers cost the round previous to the round the guy was taken last season (If you took Doug Martin in the 3rd this year, he costs a 2nd next), and the league is full point PPR

1) Matt Forte, Jon Baldwin for Brandon Lafell, Fred Jackson
-Baldwin I've been stashing as a keeper, and he'd cost me a 10th next year. I still think he's gonna blow up, and his targets have gone up more every week.Lafell would be a great keeper as well though, and his role is already cemented

2) Jaquizz Rodgers (costs me a 4th next yr), Jon Baldwin for Chris Johnson

I've got both Reggie Bush and Matt Forte, but despite injuries, both guys look like they're gonna play this week, and certainly next. I don't want to make a panic move, but I am getting ancy.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2012, 09:52:12 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
I have the Law Firm sitting on my bench.  Do you think it is worth the gamble of trading him for Chris Johnson?  Obviously I know what I am going to get with the Law Firm, but CJ's upside potential is much higher (though so is his down-side).  Again this would essentially be for a bye week sub or injury replacement so CJ's down-side risk isn't a weekly thing.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #153 on: September 28, 2012, 09:59:34 AM »

Offline BostonNative

• Derrick White
well I did another draft and here is my team (see attachment). I love to trade thats just what I need a WR...here are a few trade scenarios I put together.

Calvin Johnson for - Marshawn Lynch, Percy Harvin, And Seahawks
Idk if he say no I dont care much for this trade.

My other trade is:
Gronk and A.J green for - Matt Ryan and Alfred Morris
At the moment his starting QB is Romo

My Last trade is
Andre Johnson and Wes Welker for Matt Ryan and Lynch

What you guys think are my trades fair?

The first one's probably too much for just Johnson.

2nd one would be a huge win for you.

3rd one is pretty even, and depends on the scoring system and who they're replacing in each lineup.

Guy told me hell no for the 1st one LOL I ended up getting AJ green and Gronk for Ryan and Alfred =D

« Reply #154 on: September 28, 2012, 10:00:41 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I have the Law Firm sitting on my bench.  Do you think it is worth the gamble of trading him for Chris Johnson?  Obviously I know what I am going to get with the Law Firm, but CJ's upside potential is much higher (though so is his down-side).  Again this would essentially be for a bye week sub or injury replacement so CJ's down-side risk isn't a weekly thing.

Depends where you are in the standings, if you are at or near the top  I stay stick with BJGE for the consistancy.  If you need a possible difference maker to move up the standings go for CJ
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #155 on: September 28, 2012, 10:03:58 AM »

Offline BostonNative

• Derrick White

Depends where you are in the standings, if you are at or near the top  I stay stick with BJGE for the consistancy.  If you need a possible difference maker to move up the standings go for CJ
Idk I just don't trust CJ2k any more. He has been falling off sense last year and had like 2 good games. Think he may have messed up on getting that contract because you can tell he is not running like he wants to be there.

« Reply #156 on: September 28, 2012, 10:07:39 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

2-1, 2nd most points.  My starters are Foster and Richardson (I have Lloyd, Marshall, and Austin at WR, one of them flexing it).  Rest of my bench aside from Law Firm is a bit shaky with Daniel Thomas, Shonne Greene, and David Wilson.  I have no WR's on the bench at the moment (do have a TE and QB though, ha).  Probably should keep Law Firm when I actually look at it, as I will need some consistency in the coming weeks when the byes start coming.  Also, probably should go find a WR and drop Wilson.

« Reply #157 on: September 28, 2012, 10:09:06 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Pick two

Mccoy
Ryan Matthews
Law Firm
Leshoure
Ryan Williams

Im leaning towards the top two.  But Leshoure made me wish I started him last week, law firm has a great matchup this week, and Ryan williams will be the feature back with Beanie on IR
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #158 on: September 28, 2012, 10:10:42 AM »

Offline BostonNative

• Derrick White

2-1, 2nd most points.  My starters are Foster and Richardson (I have Lloyd, Marshall, and Austin at WR, one of them flexing it).  Rest of my bench aside from Law Firm is a bit shaky with Daniel Thomas, Shonne Greene, and David Wilson.  I have no WR's on the bench at the moment (do have a TE and QB though, ha).  Probably should keep Law Firm when I actually look at it, as I will need some consistency in the coming weeks when the byes start coming.  Also, probably should go find a WR and drop Wilson.
Yeah you can upgrade thomas (if you can becuz i doubt he will get many touches with the way bush is balling) and yeah replace wilson.

« Reply #159 on: September 28, 2012, 10:11:53 AM »

Offline BostonNative

• Derrick White
Pick two

Mccoy
Ryan Matthews
Law Firm
Leshoure
Ryan Williams

Im leaning towards the top two.  But Leshoure made me wish I started him last week, law firm has a great matchup this week, and Ryan williams will be the feature back with Beanie on IR
tough but id go for the 1st two.

« Reply #160 on: September 28, 2012, 10:12:57 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Yeah you can upgrade thomas (if you can becuz i doubt he will get many touches with the way bush is balling) and yeah replace wilson.
Bush is always hurt so I signed Thomas and dropped Cobb just before the games last week.  I wasn't ready to give up on Wilson yet, but with Bradshaw coming back and Brown being a monster last week, I just cut bait.  I added Kendall Wright who seems to have a nice chemistry with Locker and already has 14 catches as a rookie, so not bad in a PPR league.

« Reply #161 on: September 28, 2012, 10:14:46 AM »

Offline BostonNative

• Derrick White
look at my wives team lol, she had an auction draft.
 can you guess her record? lol

« Reply #162 on: September 28, 2012, 10:16:21 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Pick two

Mccoy
Ryan Matthews
Law Firm
Leshoure
Ryan Williams

McCoy is obvious.  I actually think Williams will be very strong throughout the year, but I have no idea any of the matchups this week or what Arizona's RB rotation will look like i.e. will Williams be the third down back or the goal line back.  Leshoure is on a passing team and I'm not sure he is a great pass catcher, so he may be limited especially if Stafford plays this week (which it appears he will).  Cincinnati doesn't like to run the ball in the red zone, so Law Firm is always a question as to if he will score, but he should get carries and a few receptions.  Matthews is seemingly the man in San Diego and seems healthy so I would probably go with him this week, but frankly any one of the last four could have a big game (again depending on matchups).

« Reply #163 on: September 28, 2012, 10:56:02 AM »

Offline BostonNative

• Derrick White
Pick two

Mccoy
Ryan Matthews
Law Firm
Leshoure
Ryan Williams

McCoy is obvious.  I actually think Williams will be very strong throughout the year, but I have no idea any of the matchups this week or what Arizona's RB rotation will look like i.e. will Williams be the third down back or the goal line back.  Leshoure is on a passing team and I'm not sure he is a great pass catcher, so he may be limited especially if Stafford plays this week (which it appears he will).  Cincinnati doesn't like to run the ball in the red zone, so Law Firm is always a question as to if he will score, but he should get carries and a few receptions.  Matthews is seemingly the man in San Diego and seems healthy so I would probably go with him this week, but frankly any one of the last four could have a big game (again depending on matchups).

I agree with him

« Reply #164 on: October 01, 2012, 07:53:50 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Any thoughts on martellus bennett?  Hang on to him or look for another TE?