Author Topic: 2012 Fantasy Football Advice Thread  (Read 67387 times)

Re: 2012 Fanstasy Football Advice Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2012, 01:27:07 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Fantasy sleeper alert: Joel Dreessen passed Jacob Tamme on the depth chart today, making him the Broncos' #1 TE, which means he'll be one of Manning's favorite targets. If anyone out there is in a deep league and needs a starting TE, there ya go.

They're going to play a LOT of split TE sets, agreed for sure that Dressen's a sleeper, but Tamme's been disgustingly over-hyped. I can't believe how many people are passing are Martellus Bennett. That's my guy.

Did you see my first post in the thread? (did anyone? No advice?) I was bullish on Bennett too, but I dropped him because I thought there was a little bit too much unknown there, and Rudolph already has a solid rapport with Ponder, and will be their best target from week 1.

But if Bennett gets a good relationship with Eli early, and with the talent on the Giants receivers, Bennett could be the next Gronk.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2012, 07:36:02 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Just completed my draft last night, 10 team league, 6 pts for all touchdowns

QB - Stafford
WR - Jennings
WR - Colsten
WR - Harvin
RB - Mccoy
RB - Matthews
TE - Pettigrew
K - Hanson
DEF - NE

Bench
RB - Sproles
RB - BJGE
RB - David Wilson
WR - Robert Meachem
WR - Santana Moss
QB - Big Ben

Obviously im starting Sproles this week over Matthews.  I didnt really want matthews but at pick 47 I couldnt pass him up.

Other than that, how did i do?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2012, 09:00:24 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
comonnn
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2012, 09:57:54 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

Fantasy sleeper alert: Joel Dreessen passed Jacob Tamme on the depth chart today, making him the Broncos' #1 TE, which means he'll be one of Manning's favorite targets. If anyone out there is in a deep league and needs a starting TE, there ya go.

They're going to play a LOT of split TE sets, agreed for sure that Dressen's a sleeper, but Tamme's been disgustingly over-hyped. I can't believe how many people are passing are Martellus Bennett. That's my guy.

Did you see my first post in the thread? (did anyone? No advice?) I was bullish on Bennett too, but I dropped him because I thought there was a little bit too much unknown there, and Rudolph already has a solid rapport with Ponder, and will be their best target from week 1.

But if Bennett gets a good relationship with Eli early, and with the talent on the Giants receivers, Bennett could be the next Gronk.

I think you made a small mistake w/ Bennett. Hope you can follow my logic - If I were a betting man I don't think Bennett ends up panning out. He's a numskull. But he does have an incredible amount of physical talent, and perhaps Eli and the Giants coaching staff can get it out of him. So there is some upside there.

And while Rudolph is a bit more proven commodity, I think his upside is pretty limited. Probably similar to the top tight end you'd be able to pick up on the waiver wire on any given week.

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2012, 10:02:06 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Here's my team - standard 12 team PPR, 4 pt passing TDs, no keepers, etc.

QB: Rodgers
RB: Charles
RB: Sproles
WR: AJ Green
WR: Antonio Brown
TE: Gates
Flex: Kevin Smith
K: Bironas
D/ST: Pittsburgh

Bench
Luck, Spiller, Crabtree, Owen Daniels, Davone Bess, Ronnie Brown, James Starks

Any thoughts?  I don't follow football or fantasy football closely but I like my squad, wish I was a little better at RB though.

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2012, 10:17:32 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

QB - Stafford
WR - Jennings
WR - Colsten
WR - Harvin
RB - Mccoy
RB - Matthews
TE - Pettigrew
K - Hanson
DEF - NE

Bench
RB - Sproles
RB - BJGE
RB - David Wilson
WR - Robert Meachem
WR - Santana Moss
QB - Big Ben

Obviously im starting Sproles this week over Matthews.  I didnt really want matthews but at pick 47 I couldnt pass him up.

I like the squad a whole lot, my guess is that you're the favorite in your league. I'd get rid of Santana Moss though. I think your best bet is to hope to strike oil on the waiver wire w/ another RB.

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2012, 10:23:41 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

QB - Stafford
WR - Jennings
WR - Colsten
WR - Harvin
RB - Mccoy
RB - Matthews
TE - Pettigrew
K - Hanson
DEF - NE

Bench
RB - Sproles
RB - BJGE
RB - David Wilson
WR - Robert Meachem
WR - Santana Moss
QB - Big Ben

I like the squad a whole lot, my guess is that you're the favorite in your league. I'd get rid of Santana Moss though. I think your best bet is to hope to strike oil on the waiver wire w/ another RB.

Thanks,
I dunno I think Moss might have a bounce back year with RG3.  But ya, im counting on David Wilson to have a big year

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2012, 10:24:55 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

Bench

Any thoughts?  I don't follow football or fantasy football closely but I like my squad, wish I was a little better at RB though.

I'd look to make some moves to get you some more running backs on your bench. AJ Green and Antonio Brown are great receivers, they're going to be playing for you week in and week out almost no matter what.

So what you're hoping for is for one of your runningbacks to work out. So I'd look to increase your chances - look into trading Crabtree and Bess, and maybe dropping Ronnie Brown (I don't see him becoming a player you'd want to play week in and week out)

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2012, 10:26:27 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Bench

I'd look to make some moves to get you some more running backs on your bench. AJ Green and Antonio Brown are great receivers, they're going to be playing for you week in and week out almost no matter what.

So what you're hoping for is for one of your runningbacks to work out. So I'd look to increase your chances - look into trading Crabtree and Bess, and maybe dropping Ronnie Brown (I don't see him becoming a player you'd want to play week in and week out)

Ya, I think Sproles is great to have in a PPR league, im not sure how charles will bounce back though this year with Hillis, and Mccluster also in the backfield

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2012, 10:27:59 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Also, I might play bess in your flex position.  With Marshall out he will get alot of looks I think

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2012, 10:52:02 AM »

Offline Brett Szabo

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
12 team 6pt TD's PPR (0.25) 2 QB 2 Def League:

QB: Rivers
QB; Freeman
WR: Welker
WR: Colston
RB; McFadden
RB: Chris Johnson
TE: Antonio Gates
WR/RB: Demaryius Thomas
WR/TE: Brent Celek
DEF: Baltimore
DEF: Arizona
K: Shayne Graham

Bench
Alex Smith
Greg Little
Jared Cook
Isaiah Pead
Mikel LeShoure
Brandon LaFell

Thoughts???

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2012, 10:59:36 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
TPs for the advice fellas. FFL isn't something I know a lot about so it's good to get some tips.  Brown and Starks were autodraft picks (dog was getting VERY desperate) so I'm happy to shoot for a better RB.

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2012, 11:32:29 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
Brandon Lloyd vs. Tennessee
Antonio Brown vs. Denver

All advice will be met with me saying 'thanks, tp!' and then me forgetting to actually giving the tp out.

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2012, 11:35:10 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Brandon Lloyd vs. Tennessee
Antonio Brown vs. Denver

All advice will be met with me saying 'thanks, tp!' and then me forgetting to actually giving the tp out.

Definitely Brown, He has had a whole preseason with ben vs Wallace still getting acclimated and we havent seen a very good rythem yet between brady and Lloyd

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2012, 11:51:04 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
I picked Peterson and Charles for my RB's. I'm going for the all bum wheel team. I figure I'd gamble this year.
Still don't believe in Joe.