Author Topic: 2012 Fantasy Football Advice Thread  (Read 67405 times)

Re: 2012 Fantasy Football Advice Thread
« Reply #120 on: September 20, 2012, 03:10:27 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I say none of them and go dipping into wavier wire

they're the best on the waiver wire. Other guys who are available in other leagues (Brandon Lafell for instance, Ramses Barden) aren't available in mine. 16 teams, 3 WR slots and 3 bench spots. Its tough to get a mid-week add on the waiver.

Get Barden.

He will likely start for the Giants tonight.  Manning has already shown he trusts him.

Barden isn't available, and I thought about Randle, but I want to wait until he catches a pass.

Rondo, Bennett is a must-start unless you've got one of Gronk, Vernon Davis, Graham, or maybe Tony Gonzalez.

Without Nicks and Hixon sitting, Bennett is still the 5th best PPR TE in the league right now. He'll level off, but he's a must start until he does.

Same with Pitta.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #121 on: September 20, 2012, 03:13:28 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I hope your right IP, if your wrong Im going to have you banished to upstate new york. 

And when I say upstate new york I mean past Poughkeepsie!
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #122 on: September 20, 2012, 03:27:53 PM »

Offline BostonNative

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
any recommendations on my trade scenarios?

« Reply #123 on: September 20, 2012, 03:50:23 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
My RBs are Spiller, Sproles, Charles, Kevin Smith, and I just picked up Andre Brown. 

Spiller's a must-start and Sproles seems like one too.  Which RB should get my flex spot?  Leaning toward Brown, he did well last week and Carolina's run D seems crappy.

« Reply #124 on: September 20, 2012, 03:55:41 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Marshawn Lynch, Reggie Wayne, Lions DEF, Antnio Gates
For
CJ Spiller and Wes Welker

Big win for whoever gets CJ and Wes.

Now for my other trade for Firtgerad will probaly get declined. I looked at the guys leauge and he is 0-2 and has larry starting. So I traded Antonio Brown for fitzgerald. Brown has been more productive then Larry at this point so we will see.

This is basically just something that should be vetoed by your commish. No way should you be allowed to trade Larry for Antonio.

Now my last trade is for Gronk. This guy is also 0-2 and has no reliable RB, kicker, or WR. So right now my trade to him is Shonn Greene, Kyle Rudolph and Jutin Tucker (kicker). I figured if he say no ill throw in Brandon llyod then he has to say yes what yall think? All the players in my trade are complete upgrades in his league btw.

Shonn Green, isn't he concussed? And a kicker?

Gronk is the #2 TE in the league, and with Hernandez out long term, he's the #1 TE. The only decent option in that trade package is Rudolph, so..well if he accepts it, you should ask him if he'll trade you a quarter for two nickels.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 04:13:44 PM by IndeedProceed »

« Reply #125 on: September 20, 2012, 03:56:49 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
My RBs are Spiller, Sproles, Charles, Kevin Smith, and I just picked up Andre Brown. 

Spiller's a must-start and Sproles seems like one too.  Which RB should get my flex spot?  Leaning toward Brown, he did well last week and Carolina's run D seems crappy.

Think hard about getting 1 emergency trade in with Kevin Smith, and picking up Mikel Leshoure. Smith is about to fell off the map (he always gets hurt), and Leshoure is primed to take all his carries.

« Reply #126 on: September 20, 2012, 04:00:32 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

Think hard about getting 1 emergency trade in with Kevin Smith, and picking up Mikel Leshoure. Smith is about to fell off the map (he always gets hurt), and Leshoure is primed to take all his carries.

Leshoure's already snapped up and this is a pretty casual league where trades are really uncommon.  I've put out a few feelers but I think most owners log in once for midweek waiver pickups and once to set lineups, so a last minute trade isn't likely.

« Reply #127 on: September 20, 2012, 04:05:09 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Devil's advocate: will the Giants be able to establish the run, or offer Brown many carries? I wonder if Carolina doesn't race to an early lead, capitalize on the Giants' injuries, and force Eli to play catch up during the rest of the game.

All three of your flex candidates are on the road? I wonder if Smith isn't the best bet this week.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #128 on: September 20, 2012, 04:06:14 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Leshoure's already snapped up and this is a pretty casual league where trades are really uncommon.  I've put out a few feelers but I think most owners log in once for midweek waiver pickups and once to set lineups, so a last minute trade isn't likely.

See if LeShoure's GM is interested in Smith as a hand-cuff.

Is Mendenhall still available?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #129 on: September 20, 2012, 04:12:19 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

No, but Redman still is apparently.  Maybe I'll grab him as a 1 week rental.

EDIT:  Shawn Draughn's still there too.  Worth picking up long-term as a Charles handcuff?  I don't follow football that closely, but I like beating my friends at stuff.

« Reply #130 on: September 20, 2012, 04:16:34 PM »

Offline BostonNative

• Derrick White
For

Now for my other trade for Firtgerad will probaly get declined. I looked at the guys leauge and he is 0-2 and has larry starting. So I traded Antonio Brown for fitzgerald. Brown has been more productive then Larry at this point so we will see.

This is basically just something that should be vetoed by your commish. No way should you be allowed to trade Larry for Antonio.

Now my last trade is for Gronk. This guy is also 0-2 and has no reliable RB, kicker, or WR. So right now my trade to him is Shonn Greene, Kyle Rudolph and Jutin Tucker (kicker). I figured if he say no ill throw in Brandon llyod then he has to say yes what yall think? All the players in my trade are complete upgrades in his league btw.

Gronk is the #2 TE in the league, and with Hernandez out long term, he's the #1 TE. The only decent option in that trade package is Rudolph, so..well if he accepts it, you should ask him if he'll trade you a quarter for two nickels.
Ill be getting welker and Spiller in the trade.

And i think The fitzgearald trade isn't bad since he is struggling to bad. He only has 6 pts!

And I didn't know shonne greene was injured, but the kicker alone has more points then gronk at this point with 29. His current kicker has 8. His best RB is deangelo Williams, so this seems like a legit trade.

his team.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 04:21:14 PM by IndeedProceed »

« Reply #131 on: September 20, 2012, 04:22:09 PM »

Offline BostonNative

• Derrick White
I do my trades based on where the other person is hurting. Noone wants to start off 0-2 and when it happens they get in panic mode with the few players that aren't producing well. this is where I attack!

« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2012, 04:22:36 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
For

And i think The fitzgearald trade isn't bad since he is struggling to bad. He only has 6 pts!

And I didn't know shonne greene was injured, but the kicker alone has more points then gronk at this point with 29. His current kicker has 8. His best RB is deangelo Williams, so this seems like a legit trade.

his team.

How big is your league? Anyone starting LeGarret Blount likely isn't paying attention.

« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2012, 04:22:57 PM »

Offline BostonNative

• Derrick White

No, but Redman still is apparently.  Maybe I'll grab him as a 1 week rental.

EDIT:  Shawn Draughn's still there too.  Worth picking up long-term as a Charles handcuff?  I don't follow football that closely, but I like beating my friends at stuff.
Trust me Redman is noooooo help

« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2012, 04:23:54 PM »

Offline BostonNative

• Derrick White
For

his team.

How big is your league? Anyone starting LeGarret Blount likely isn't paying attention.
10 players. Im using the NFL-manged type of leauge