Author Topic: ESPN is a JOKE!  (Read 23451 times)

ESPN is a JOKE!
« on: August 29, 2012, 10:56:14 PM »

Offline raynman

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8305695/2012-nba-summer-forecast-eastern-conference-champions

This is too funny. 100 of us voted on #NBApicks. 96 picked the Heat

96-4? Really? We never get any love from these idiots, do we? And what about the other teams... Philly and NJ can be legit contenders.. (nevermind the Knicks!)
If Lebron or Wade go down, they're done! But we can afford to lose KG, PP or even Rondo for some time because of our depth.. Hell, we would have even won last season's ECF in 6 games if Bosh didn't come back..

Come May and June, we'll see... we'll see!

Re: ESPN is a JOKE!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 12:01:32 AM »

Offline YallahCeltics34

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
im sure the other 4 picked the lakers.

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 12:21:08 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Why would you not pick the Heat? They had two of thier top 3 guys injured and still won the title. Still beat the Celtics, and Bosh was moving like he had one leg. Personally I'd wait until after the all-star break to ensure Pierce and Garnett were healthy.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 12:33:12 AM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
The other 4 were all for the Celtics.

I'd give those 4 a tommy point.

Boston got 4 votes and no one else in the East is any competition for Miami lol shows how dominant Miami is
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 02:35:09 AM »

Offline kp4000

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 13
Why would you not pick the Heat? They had two of thier top 3 guys injured and still won the title. Still beat the Celtics, and Bosh was moving like he had one leg. Personally I'd wait until after the all-star break to ensure Pierce and Garnett were healthy.

They weren't injured. Don't make excuses, because for the most part they were healthy. Bosh was the only injured and the Celtics had their share of injuries too. Both teams never used injuries as an excuse. The Celtics have a bad habit of not closing games out, simple.

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 02:51:57 AM »

Offline kp4000

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 13
You just realized ESPN was a Joke! There's nothing else to say about ESPN at this point they're far gone. It is what it is with ESPN. If they favor Miami, then hey, that's their opinion.

I'll say this if Miami is so great as some seem to think, I wouldn't put too much stock into a so-called power team that was pushed 7 games in the ECF, against an aging 2012 Celtics team coming off a 7 gm series against Philly, with no rest, a depleted bench, no Bradley, Wilcox, Green or JO, Pierce(MCL Sprain)and Allen(Bone Spurs. Basically had no business going pass 4 games with a relatively healthy Miami excluding Bosh. Though I still do not believe Bosh wasn't a game changer they some fans and media want others to believe.

Miami won games 1 and 2 without Bosh. Lost game 5 with Bosh in the rotation and I'll keep saying that until blue in the face. Factor in all those it doesn't say much about both teams. Interesting how some choose to ignore those facts.  `

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 07:47:23 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
ESPN is a joke but the refs were worse.  I don't think the HEAT can beat the Lakers.

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 07:56:00 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
4 people picked the Celtics out of the East? 

That's the shocking part.

If the Celtics (or anyone else) knocks off the Heat in the playoffs, it will be an upset. 

Not saying the Celtics can not do it, because I believe they can.  But it still will be an upset.

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 09:18:37 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm sure if you polled the majority of CelticsBlog authors and staff members, the overwhelming majority would say that the Heat are the favorites in the East, as well.

The Celtics will hopefully be better next year.  The Heat should be, too, with a presumably healthier Bosh and Wade, and Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis added to their squad.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 09:27:52 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Just out of curiosity, how exactly does picking the reigning champion (who also added 2 major pieces over the summer) make you a joke?

The Celtics do have a puncher's chance, but to say were any sort of favorite at this point is the real joke.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 09:37:22 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Agreed, this is just sour green grapes.  The Heat absolutely are the favorite to repeat.

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 10:24:44 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Just out of curiosity, how exactly does picking the reigning champion (who also added 2 major pieces over the summer) make you a joke?

The Celtics do have a puncher's chance, but to say were any sort of favorite at this point is the real joke.

I think "2 major pieces" is somewhat optimistic.

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 11:18:45 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I don't see how this makes ESPN a joke when the heat are certainly the favorites. How can they not be? They won the championship last year, have two of the worlds top five players and got better in the offseason. The only joke about this is thinking the Nets are a legit contender simply because they added joe Johnson... Not Gunna happen.

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 12:24:00 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
A few things:

Miami adding 2 major pieces? Yeah speechless on that comment

2 of heats top 3 players injured? They were probably as injured as 10 guys on our team and that's not really an exagerration.

96/100 is a ridiculous number . The Heat are definitely favorites but people really can't admit that that is an absurd number? Im sure if you went on a heat blog you wouldn't even get 96% of people saying that. No one said they aren't the favorite, but it is an absurd numbee

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 12:26:47 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Well, ESPN is a joke but not because of this.

The Heat are the defending champs and look like they improved a bit on paper.  They should be the heavy favorite.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team