22 (73.3%)
about equal which is a very very good QB
3 (10%)
about equal which is a good QB, but not good enough to win a Super Bowl
3 (10%)
about equal, which is a not very good QB
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Who's the better QB? poll  (Read 10604 times)

Re: Who's the better QB? poll
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2012, 01:00:16 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Here's a question. What did (prime) Bledsoe do better than Brady (now)? I'm not sure what if anything. I think early Brady was much much muuuccchh better at feeling the rush, moving his feet, taking open space in front of him and running for the marker. I'm not sure either can/could do it now.

Who's the better deep guy?  Brady has better timing.  I felt like early Bledsoe had a heck of a bullet and a lot of touch. Is one guy better at reading a D?

Honestly if prime Beldsoe walked out of a time machine I'd start him tomorrow but I'm not sure I can give you good, logical, supported reasons as to why other than the problems Brady is having closing things out at the end.  It may just be nostalgia

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2012, 01:05:47 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Prime Bledsoe ('94-98ish to me) threw a better deep ball and had more throwing velocity than Brady has shown this season.  Besides that, I don't see aspects where Prime Bledsoe was better than Brady right now.

For the knock on Brady and clutchness this year, he did a heckuva job even getting that team to OT yesterday.  Vintage drive.  Just wish the game didn't come down to that.  They should've been up double digits in the 4th rather than be driving just to tie it.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2012, 01:08:13 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
You guys can all laugh at me and say I'm trolling and whatnot but let's ask this. Who was the better QB yesterday? Sanchez or Brady? Suddenly prime Bledsoe vs now Brady gets a little scary, right?

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2012, 01:12:15 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
You guys can all laugh at me and say I'm trolling and whatnot but let's ask this. Who was the better QB yesterday? Sanchez or Brady? Suddenly prime Bledsoe vs now Brady gets a little scary, right?

Why does it get a little scary, since "Bledsoe prime" isn't walking through that door?

I'd still rather have "Brady now" than most any other quarterback in the league.

Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2012, 01:12:56 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Brady now is still better. 

The offense he leads is the number one scoring offense.  31 points a game. 

The teams issue is the pass defense which is allowing opponent QBs to play like stars.  Even a Tim Tebow could probably have a 50% completion percentage against them.

And here is something Brady has never done that Tebow has, gotten his team to search and happily replace him after going to the playoffs. 

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2012, 01:15:43 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Brady.

2 TDs to 1

O ints to 1

0 fumbles to 2

0 fumbles lost to 1

1 sack to 4

9 yards lost on sacks to 31

The win.

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2012, 01:17:21 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be

The teams issue is the pass defense which is allowing opponent QBs to play like stars.  Even a Tim Tebow could probably have a 50% completion percentage against them.

And here is something Brady has never done that Tebow has, gotten his team to search and happily replace him after going to the playoffs.

Bingo!

Someone gets it (and he's an outsider too).

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2012, 04:29:03 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Brady.

2 TDs to 1

O ints to 1

0 fumbles to 2

0 fumbles lost to 1

1 sack to 4

The win.
And this from a HUGE Giants fan.

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2012, 04:42:44 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Brady.

2 TDs to 1

O ints to 1

0 fumbles to 2

0 fumbles lost to 1

1 sack to 4

The win.
3 points in OT at home baby. Still counts. It's like kissing your sister, but your sister is really hot and really popular. I mean kissing a hot popular girl is still kissing a hot popular girl. A win is a win baby.

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2012, 04:54:28 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Yup When the offense couldn't score more than 18 points at home against the Cardinals and couldn't score more than 23 against Seattle that was totally the defense's fault.

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2012, 05:29:43 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I never watched Bledsoe enough to make this comparison.

However, right now I'd say that Brady is a very good quarterback, but he's definitely not quite the superstar he was 4-5 years ago. 

In particular he seems to have lost his accuracy and strength on really deep throws -- I think the lack of a deep threat in the Pats' offense since '09 or so can't be explained solely by the receiver corps.

Brady's also been much more easily rattled by pressure ever since he got his knee torn up by Pollard in '08.  He's just not the same guy he was pre-injury.  But he's still a great player.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2012, 05:33:18 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
He's pretty good right now but I'm nervous about his wish to play till 40. I don't think he said he wants to start till he's 40 but I thought that might be implied. Granted John Elway was effective at 38. 

« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2012, 08:20:41 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Yup When the offense couldn't score more than 18 points at home against the Cardinals and couldn't score more than 23 against Seattle that was totally the defense's fault.

Because good QBs never play on teams that score under 20 in a single game.   

And Seattle who has a rookie QB have the greatest game of his career?  Seattle who has only let one team score more then 20 points this season?  The beat Packers 14-12?  Crushed the Cowboys 27-7?

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2012, 08:22:15 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Brady.

2 TDs to 1

O ints to 1

0 fumbles to 2

0 fumbles lost to 1

1 sack to 4

The win.
And this from a HUGE Giants fan.

I don't dislike the Pats.  I have been know to hope they win in the playoffs when the Giants are out.