Author Topic: Miami Heat: Don't buy into the hype! *Video*  (Read 9813 times)

Re: Miami Heat: Don't buy into the hype! *Video*
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2012, 06:17:34 PM »

Offline JSizzle95

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
Video was great. TP.

Miami is a good team and they deserved to win the title but they're just not as great as the media makes them out to be. Sure, they have the undisputed best player in the game but i can see them having a really tough time against the Celtics next year. Here's why.

1) The Miami Heat can't contain Rajon Rondo. It's going to be even harder with all the new weapons he has this season.

2) The Celtics are still a really good defensive team. They make Miami make mistakes possibly better then any other team in the league. Add in two great defensive players in the back court in Bradley and Lee and it's going to be even harder for Miami to get in to their sets.

3) Ray is a solid addition for the Heat but our guys and Doc know his game inside and out. He'll really struggle getting in to a groove against us.

4) Dwyane Wade is still quite good but Lee and Bradley are going to pester and frustrate him all game long. Hopefully he doesnt try to rip on of their arms off.

5) Doc Rivers coaches cicles around Eric Spoelstra

6) The Celtics front court is better. Outside of Bosh Miami is very weak at the 4/5

7) The athletisism of Green, Bradley, Wilcox, Lee gives the Celtics a whole new dimension, a dimension Miami is not accustom to seeing from them. Expect alot more fast break points.

8.) Jason Terry.

9) Very few 3's in the league have the frame and the quickness to guard LeBron. We saw how Durant struggled. We have 2 guys in Pierce and Green with the muscle and the speed to give LeBron a really tough outing.

10) The main reason we lost game 7 is that we didn't have guys good enough to give Pierce/KG proper rest. We now have arguably the deepest bench in the league.

I just don't see Miami as the biggest threat to the Celtics just year. The Lakers/Thunder will probably be tougher outings.

Let us pray to all that is good and holy in the world that Garnett and Pierce can stay healthy. If Miami is going to beat us it's going to have to be in 7 games again. Our group of guys won't go down without a fight.
I am pretty sure that Miami will definitely be the team to beat, but they won't be able to run us out of the gym this time with our depth. Thunder and Lakers are scary but I think we'd handle them better than the Heat (who look to have chemistry and Lebron James on their side).

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2012, 06:55:21 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
I think the Celtics would have an easier time with the Heat than the Lakers. Just my opinion as i view the rosters on paper, i could be wrong.

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2012, 07:03:20 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I think the Celtics would have an easier time with the Heat than the Lakers. Just my opinion as i view the rosters on paper, i could be wrong.

I agree, if you think about it we have played the heat tough pretty much every single time we have played them. Including the regular season we beat them alot of times. We simply haven't been able to do it 4 times in a series yet and i think a huge reason for that is one *Rondo had to play with one arm the first time* And two our bench, we had no bench ! Yet we still took the heat to 7 games and came 12mins away from beating them. I want you all to think about that for a second.

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2012, 11:48:32 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
the heat havent figured out rondo and its been years. they'll never outsmart rondo.

Yeah except they've beaten us 2 years in a row...rondo has always played well against LeBron led teams but if you dont win the series you cant say they cant figure him out...silly

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2012, 11:51:05 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

Well the heat probably look at it like they would have an easier time against us then the lakers as well...on paper the lakers are a matchup nightmare for either team

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2012, 11:54:10 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
Video was great. TP.

Miami is a good team and they deserved to win the title but they're just not as great as the media makes them out to be. Sure, they have the undisputed best player in the game but i can see them having a really tough time against the Celtics next year. Here's why.

1) The Miami Heat can't contain Rajon Rondo. It's going to be even harder with all the new weapons he has this season.

2) The Celtics are still a really good defensive team. They make Miami make mistakes possibly better then any other team in the league. Add in two great defensive players in the back court in Bradley and Lee and it's going to be even harder for Miami to get in to their sets.

3) Ray is a solid addition for the Heat but our guys and Doc know his game inside and out. He'll really struggle getting in to a groove against us.

4) Dwyane Wade is still quite good but Lee and Bradley are going to pester and frustrate him all game long. Hopefully he doesnt try to rip on of their arms off.

6) The Celtics front court is better. Outside of Bosh Miami is very weak at the 4/5

7) The athletisism of Green, Bradley, Wilcox, Lee gives the Celtics a whole new dimension, a dimension Miami is not accustom to seeing from them. Expect alot more fast break points.

8.) Jason Terry.

9) Very few 3's in the league have the frame and the quickness to guard LeBron. We saw how Durant struggled. We have 2 guys in Pierce and Green with the muscle and the speed to give LeBron a really tough outing.

10) The main reason we lost game 7 is that we didn't have guys good enough to give Pierce/KG proper rest. We now have arguably the deepest bench in the league.

I just don't see Miami as the biggest threat to the Celtics just year. The Lakers/Thunder will probably be tougher outings.

Let us pray to all that is good and holy in the world that Garnett and Pierce can stay healthy. If Miami is going to beat us it's going to have to be in 7 games again. Our group of guys won't go down without a fight.
I am pretty sure that Miami will definitely be the team to beat, but they won't be able to run us out of the gym this time with our depth. Thunder and Lakers are scary but I think we'd handle them better than the Heat (who look to have chemistry and Lebron James on their side).

Mind boggling really isnt it? these people are trying to convince me the Thunder will be a tougher out then the team that beat us 2 years in a row, is in our conference and easily knocked off the thunder in the finals. yeah okay.
we only made it to the ECF because of the rose injury for 1, for 2 miami was missing bosh, dwyane wade was hurt and theyve gotten better and healthier in the offseason, while we talk about chris wilcox and jeff green and courtney lee like theyre world beaters

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2012, 12:27:45 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Video was great. TP.

8.) Jason Terry.

Mind boggling really isnt it? these people are trying to convince me the Thunder will be a tougher out then the team that beat us 2 years in a row, is in our conference and easily knocked off the thunder in the finals. yeah okay.
we only made it to the ECF because of the rose injury for 1, for 2 miami was missing bosh, dwyane wade was hurt and theyve gotten better and healthier in the offseason, while we talk about chris wilcox and jeff green and courtney lee like theyre world beaters

By trying to be "realistic" you are going too far in the opposite direction! Not once last season did Mia run us out of the gym (w/ or w/o Bosh)! They were missing Bosh... we had maybe 8 players who could play (not including the scrubs) all together and ALL were playing through injuries (people forget that RR had a messed up back). Pie got surgery, AB surgery (didn't even play), PP is still only 80%, KG had a busted hip and was basically the only "center" we had (who played A LOT), RR had a messed up lower back/butt, Ray had surgery after(was terrible for us), Dooling has bad knees but was relatively healthy, Hollins healthy but stinks kinda, Stiems was hurt with a few things, Quis played good when he came in but was rarely out there, Pavs saw a second here and there but he wasn't good, Williams who never sniffed the court, and 2 rookies in JJJ and Moore. Even the games they had Bosh back they BARELY beat us!!!

How can you just insist we only got to the ECF because Rose went down? It's just as likely that Mia would have lost to them in the ECF if that's the case!

Is Mia the team to beat? Yes, they are the champs... champs are always the team to beat, it has nothing to do with how good you think they might be! Winning the chip is easier than being the repeat champ! Look how many teams fall off a cliff the next season...

Those players may not be world beaters but we took the champs to the limit without ALL of them (you forgot to mention JET)! It isn't crazy to think that we could still hang with Mia after getting MUCH better! Sure, it all has to work out but the same can be said for ANY team! People are already crowning LA when they have never even played together... we have the same starters we had last season when AB gets healthy (if Lee doesn't play too good to do the change back)!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2012, 01:23:54 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Video was great. TP.

8.) Jason Terry.

By trying to be "realistic" you are going too far in the opposite direction! Not once last season did Mia run us out of the gym (w/ or w/o Bosh)! They were missing Bosh... we had maybe 8 players who could play (not including the scrubs) all together and ALL were playing through injuries (people forget that RR had a messed up back). Pie got surgery, AB surgery (didn't even play), PP is still only 80%, KG had a busted hip and was basically the only "center" we had (who played A LOT), RR had a messed up lower back/butt, Ray had surgery after(was terrible for us), Dooling has bad knees but was relatively healthy, Hollins healthy but stinks kinda, Stiems was hurt with a few things, Quis played good when he came in but was rarely out there, Pavs saw a second here and there but he wasn't good, Williams who never sniffed the court, and 2 rookies in JJJ and Moore. Even the games they had Bosh back they BARELY beat us!!!

How can you just insist we only got to the ECF because Rose went down? It's just as likely that Mia would have lost to them in the ECF if that's the case!

Is Mia the team to beat? Yes, they are the champs... champs are always the team to beat, it has nothing to do with how good you think they might be! Winning the chip is easier than being the repeat champ! Look how many teams fall off a cliff the next season...

Those players may not be world beaters but we took the champs to the limit without ALL of them (you forgot to mention JET)! It isn't crazy to think that we could still hang with Mia after getting MUCH better! Sure, it all has to work out but the same can be said for ANY team! People are already crowning LA when they have never even played together... we have the same starters we had last season when AB gets healthy (if Lee doesn't play too good to do the change back)!

YEAH !  8)

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2012, 07:30:34 PM »

Offline kp4000

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI0XEd-jUtE Sorry i cursed, i couldn't help myself :P

Heat trolls are going to go insane when they see this video, so I won't bother to click on the YouTube link associated with this video, because I don't want to read idiot Heat fans comments, but I will say this. I agree with most of what's said in this video. I agree the most as far as people making excuses on both sides.

It's funny how some fans of Celtics and Heat try to give their on theory as to why the 2012 ECF went 7 games. Excuses like if we had Bradley, Wilcox, Green and JO, Celtics would of won. Other excuses, the ECF went 7 games, because Bosh missed 4 games, and I say to both, false!

The truth is the Celtics had a 3-2 lead without Avery, Wilocx, Green and JO. During games 2,3,4 and 5 the Celtics played better than Miami. Sadly the Celtics as expected by most C's fans and media couldn't close. As far as Bosh being this so-called game changer, please. The Heat had a 2-0 lead without Bosh. Their were some in the media like Stephen A.Smith and others talking about the Heat not needing Bosh in the ECF, because the C's were banged up, depleted and old, wrong!

It's not until the series was tied 2-2 and the national media realized the Celtics were for real, then the cries and criticism came for Bosh's return. When Bosh returned for game 5 the Celtics still won. End of argument.