Author Topic: kLove  (Read 11440 times)

Re: kLove
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2012, 12:06:21 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I use to love the idea of getting Love... his comments of late have made me think of him as a LeBron and Howard. First he signed the extension and shortly after talked about leaving if they didn't get talent around him soon. Then I saw an article today about him saying he didn't want to sign the extension, he wanted a 5yr deal and for them to say he was their man... that he didn't like that they didn't want to lock him up for the max yrs. All of his problems may be valid... my problem is, NO ONE forced him to be there, he chose to sign but now he is talking about not wanting to? I don't like that you can basically force teams hands when you are under contract with them (actually LeBron is the only one I cant fault b/c he was free to do what he did... only problem I had with him, he is a "blank" with the way he handled it). I can't take these Divos seriously!!! Every time you turn they sign with these teams then sulk like little babies afterwards! GO SOMEWHERE ELSE and if you don't shut up and take what you get b/c you chose it!!! UGH!!!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2012, 12:15:38 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I use to love the idea of getting Love... his comments of late have made me think of him as a LeBron and Howard. First he signed the extension and shortly after talked about leaving if they didn't get talent around him soon. Then I saw an article today about him saying he didn't want to sign the extension, he wanted a 5yr deal and for them to say he was their man... that he didn't like that they didn't want to lock him up for the max yrs. All of his problems may be valid... my problem is, NO ONE forced him to be there, he chose to sign but now he is talking about not wanting to? I don't like that you can basically force teams hands when you are under contract with them (actually LeBron is the only one I cant fault b/c he was free to do what he did... only problem I had with him, he is a "blank" with the way he handled it). I can't take these Divos seriously!!! Every time you turn they sign with these teams then sulk like little babies afterwards! GO SOMEWHERE ELSE and if you don't shut up and take what you get b/c you chose it!!! UGH!!!

I haven't liked Love's comments much either, but he's young yet, and aside from waffling on comments regarding his contract status etc, he comes off as a likable hard working guy.

And if you (by you I mean everyone) were KL, you would probably be a bit conflicted too. On the one hand, you've got loyalty to a team that had enough faith to go out and get you, with a fanbase who has embraced you, but on the other side you're on the team with David Kahn as the GM.

Nobody wants to spend their careers on teams that either can't or won't give you a supporting cast that will put you in places to contend. The Wolves have a great base, with a lot of talent though, so who knows.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2012, 02:56:30 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
i
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 03:05:40 AM by ianboyextreme »

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2012, 03:00:58 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
The entire roster, and Tom Brady would have to go to the Vikings.
LOL this is spot on

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2012, 03:04:18 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
Yeah I like K Love but his head is getting real big. I was watching a preseason interview and they asked him something along the lines of "If your scoring has to drop a little bit to accomadate for the touches all the new guys will be getting, would you be okay with that?" and he was just like "I mean yeah whatever it takes for the team....but my scoring probably just wont drop cause coach still says the offense is gonna run through me". I could tell he would let those couple points get away only over his dead body.
Hes a super hard worker, though, and he does the dirty work so I respect him.

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2012, 08:50:22 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Don't like K Love. Guys like Bynum and Cousins don't get a pass when they say or do stupid things ans neither should he.

Plus I don't see him as a very likable guy on or off the court

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2012, 08:58:27 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Don't like K Love. Guys like Bynum and Cousins don't get a pass when they say or do stupid things ans neither should he.

Plus I don't see him as a very likable guy on or off the court

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5qbXzoA8AI

I don't think so. He might be one of those guys who does not have the mental toughness to win when it counts though. He's already threatening to not re-sign if the Wolves don't make major moves.

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2012, 09:20:24 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
He is a great player , and also very young, he seems to have a huge B BALL IQ and maybe BOOK IQ, but maybe not deveopled alot of common sense yet or maturity .

I suspect he was showered with attention , love, admiration , and money and other promises.  Being young he was overwhelmed and jumped on their deal.

He should have thought more carefully about WHO and WHERE he was going to play ball.  He jumped the gun at the MONEY , and now he is regretting be stuck up there (yuk) . 

K LOVE is having buyers remorse, he bought in to their generous and appealing play for his services.

Now he is not so sure he made the correct choice.  He is learning the hard way.

Oh ok ...now I've got all the money I need ... but I'm  not happy ,  I want to win and have great teamates and a coach I like.... oops ...yes Kevin there are other thing more important than money.

He won't stay.  is my prediction.... all he has to do is look at KG's hopeless plight wasting away there all those years.

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2012, 09:23:26 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
It would take A LOT. And for me that's not worth it.

I understand he's a double-double any night, but I haven't seen Franchise Player yet, something a lot of folks is considering him already. I'm not seeing the mental toughness yet, defense is suspect as well.

I'd rathe have David Lee, a little cheaper to get, a little cheaper contract as well, and a bit of the same guy as Love is minus the 3 point shooting (not saying I'd trade for Lee, but I think you guys get the picture).
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2012, 11:37:17 AM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
First question is how does he defend the pick and roll..??
I know Josh Smith defends the pick n roll!
I look at KLove and Sully has having the same type of game!
Of course Klove is the master in that type of game and Sully is just a intern learning the ropes... but those two have similar games (undersized, rebounders, good 3pt shooters)
IN the other hand KG and Josh Smith have similar games but again KG is in other stratosphere and Jsmoove is not at that level but both are great pick and roll defenders, great help side defenders, can block shoot and love the mid range J! KG is the veteran savvy experienced version while JSmoove is the younger more athletic version...
Given what is in our hand as of now and what this team will need, I will take Jsmoove over Klove, well knowing that Klove is the better player! But we need a KG type more than a Klove type!