Author Topic: 2012 Patriots Football  (Read 111738 times)

Re: 2012 Patriots Football
« Reply #615 on: January 20, 2013, 09:34:56 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Three out of four absolutely repugnant losses in the last four years for the Patriots. 

Brady's legacy is definitely in tatters compared to where it was going into the Super Bowl in February, 2008.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #616 on: January 20, 2013, 09:35:55 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Pats D doesn't force any turnovers.

Brady is missing his top endzone targets.

Opponent has a tough, physical D that doesn't get scared by the big moment.

You have the ingredients for a Pats loss.

Credit the Ravens line for protection, they've done a great job...but at the same time, you can see a TOTAL lack of passrush by the Pats

« Reply #617 on: January 20, 2013, 09:37:26 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Brady's legacy is definitely in tatters compared to where it was going into the Super Bowl in February, 2008.

I think the legacy in terms of "best QB ever / better than Joe Montana" is tattered.

Other than that, though, I think he'll still be viewed as one of the best and most successful QBs ever.  The "haven't won since Spygate" thing could continue to gain traction, though.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #618 on: January 20, 2013, 09:37:56 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Is that right?  This is the first game Brady has ever lost after leading at the half?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #619 on: January 20, 2013, 09:39:34 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
Three out of four absolutely repugnant losses in the last four years for the Patriots. 

The fact that he struggles SO much against the Ravens definately hurts him a bit.  Not alot, but more now considering he just lost an AFC championship game at home to them.  And not just lost, but really got his ass kicked for the entire second half.

« Reply #620 on: January 20, 2013, 09:40:36 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Is that right?  This is the first game Brady has ever lost after leading at the half?

Correct.

Roy, I agree with you that Brady will, like Brett Favre, go down as one of the best ever.

But the fact that in the past 5-6 years he's been outplayed in big playoff games by QBs who were considered lesser is kind of a big deal.

As I've said before, with all of the injuries it was going to be difficult for the Patriots to win this one.  But Brady got outplayed by Flacco pretty handily.  Not even close, really.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #621 on: January 20, 2013, 09:43:34 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

I think the legacy in terms of "best QB ever / better than Joe Montana" is tattered.

Other than that, though, I think he'll still be viewed as one of the best and most successful QBs ever.  The "haven't won since Spygate" thing could continue to gain traction, though.
There's that and I think people will look back at his Superbowl wins and realize he was pretty much a game manager in the first and third (and in the second Jake Delhomme went throw for throw with him).  In fact, in the first his stats were worse than Dilfer's who is known solely as a game manager.  I think people will look back and say, hey any good QB was going to win with those Patriots teams. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #622 on: January 20, 2013, 09:45:15 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell

Yeah Brady will still always be considered one of the best QBs of all time.  But if he wants to be mentioned in the same breath as Montana, he has to win another championship.  His struggles against the Ravens and Giants will be just another chapter in his career.

However, while I personally think it's a ridiculous statement, if Belichick wants to silence all the spygate talk, he HAS to win another title.  If he doesn't, spygate will always hover over him, whether it be fairly or unfairly depending on your opinion

« Reply #623 on: January 20, 2013, 09:48:31 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Called it in the 1st quarter. This was another coaching bomb by Belichek. He's good for one atrocious game every once in a while, and I called it very early that this would be one when I saw him punting on 4th and short and it was confirmed throughout the game. Just incredibly timid coaching.
-Punting twice on fourth and short near or past mid field.
-Punting twice from inside the opponents 40.

Those are plays that always predict the losing team. They are always bad coaching decisions with an average offense. And they are inexcusable decisions from the best NFL offense. It set the tone early, and Pats deserved to lose.

« Reply #624 on: January 20, 2013, 09:49:04 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
More than Brady, Belichek should absolutely be destroyed by the press after this.

« Reply #625 on: January 20, 2013, 09:54:22 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
What a miserable performance. Utterly disappointing. Questionable playcalling throughout, starting in the first quarter. Brady was off the mark on a lot of his passes, especially the deep ones, Welker had another key drop, Belichick never really going for it. Horrible.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #626 on: January 20, 2013, 09:56:08 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
What a miserable performance. Utterly disappointing. Questionable playcalling throughout, starting in the first quarter. Brady was off the mark on a lot of his passes, especially the deep ones, Welker had another key drop, Belichick never really going for it. Horrible.
another key drop on a throw thrown behind him.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #627 on: January 20, 2013, 10:02:06 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
from a NEUTRAL party standpoint... it appeared to me the Pats were flat out coached and out hustled.  Ravens wanted it more and responded with the huge tips, intercetions , fumble recovery , ect..

OH well...back to Celtic basketball

« Reply #628 on: January 20, 2013, 10:08:34 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Montana
Unitas
Brady

Still top 3.

« Reply #629 on: January 20, 2013, 10:14:36 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
another key drop on a throw thrown behind him.

Not sure what you're thinking of, but the key drop for Welker was right on his chest, between his hands.  Just a bad drop.

Pretty huge drop by Vereen in the 4th, too.
- Mark Twain