Author Topic: 2012 Patriots Football  (Read 111793 times)

Re: 2012 Patriots Football
« Reply #600 on: January 20, 2013, 09:01:39 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Still a one score game.  Not losing hope.

« Reply #601 on: January 20, 2013, 09:07:45 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Ridley got clobbered on that play, and Ravens recover.  That's the game, folks.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #602 on: January 20, 2013, 09:12:49 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Bernard Pollard has been personally responsible for injuring more patriots than anyone else in the nfl.

It's not happening this year.  What's so frustrating is that this team should've been up by AT LEAST 10 halfway through the third.

Without Aquib Talib, this is nothing but the same old crappy defense before he got here.  They've completely abandoned the hurry-up, are being shut out this half, can't stop anyone...

Basically, this has turned into an ass-kicking with the blink of an eye

« Reply #603 on: January 20, 2013, 09:14:17 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
The Ravens have played a great game, and they deserve this win.

But it's hard not to talk about all the injuries for the Pats.

Gronk
Jones
Talib
Love
Ridley
Chung

Just crazy.  Tons of important guys not playing in this second half.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #604 on: January 20, 2013, 09:14:43 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Bernard Pollard has been personally responsible for injuring more patriots than anyone else in the nfl.

It's not happening this year.  What's so frustrating is that this team should've been up by AT LEAST 10 halfway through the third.

Without Aquib Talib, this is nothing but the same old crappy defense before he got here.  They've completely abandoned the hurry-up, are being shut out this half, can't stop anyone...

Basically, this has turned into an ass-kicking with the blink of an eye

I agree with everything you said, but still 11 mins left...

« Reply #605 on: January 20, 2013, 09:16:24 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Now it's officially over. I love when the Patriots have a total meltdown. That's what happens when you try to play differently than you normally do. They are the 3rd leading scoring offense in NFL history, but punted three times from the ~35 yd line. They have two of the best game managers ever in Brady / Belichick and they blow it at the end of the 1st half. Wes Welker is supposed to be awesome, but had a huge drop that totally changed the outlook of this game.

And let's talk about all of our pro-bowl defensive players...Great job guys - way to show up!

« Reply #606 on: January 20, 2013, 09:17:32 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Now it's officially over. I love when the Patriots have a total meltdown. That's what happens when you try to play differently than you normally do. They are the 3rd leading scoring offense in NFL history, but punted three times from the ~35 yd line. They have two of the best game managers ever in Brady / Belichick and they blow it at the end of the 1st half. Wes Welker is supposed to be awesome, but had a huge drop that totally changed the outlook of this game.

And let's talk about all of our pro-bowl defensive players...Great job guys - way to show up!

Again, the Pats have made mistakes, and the Ravens have made some really big plays.

But look at the list of guys injured.  Pats just aren't the same team.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #607 on: January 20, 2013, 09:19:37 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
This isn't over.  The Pats are making it look easy right now.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #608 on: January 20, 2013, 09:21:27 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
cmon brady you had a 1st down if you ran arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

« Reply #609 on: January 20, 2013, 09:21:35 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Never mind.  Now it's over.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #610 on: January 20, 2013, 09:25:24 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Never mind.  Now it's over.

Brady just doesn't have any endzone targets right now.  Ravens just have to double cover Hernandez and that's it.  No Ridley, no Gronk, no TDs.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #611 on: January 20, 2013, 09:27:23 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119

Again, the Pats have made mistakes, and the Ravens have made some really big plays.

But look at the list of guys injured.  Pats just aren't the same team.

Agreed, with the injuries piling, they need to play a perfect game...and it hasn't been that.  The clock management at the end of the half was insulting, more drops than usual too.

I, for one, am never to use an injury excuse...and this is Gronk aside because he goes without saying, but Aquib Talib was the ONE guy on defense they couldn't lose.  He was basically solely responsible for turning this defense into at least a respectable defense.  Without him, they turn back into the same crappy defense that gives up pass play after pass play.

« Reply #612 on: January 20, 2013, 09:27:52 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Pats D doesn't force any turnovers.

Brady is missing his top endzone targets.

Opponent has a tough, physical D that doesn't get scared by the big moment.

You have the ingredients for a Pats loss.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #613 on: January 20, 2013, 09:28:52 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
That'll do it.  What a way to end a promising season. 
- Mark Twain

« Reply #614 on: January 20, 2013, 09:31:33 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Even with the injuries, I'm shocked that the Pats didn't win this.  I thought for sure that once Denver lost, the Pats were going to the Super Bowl.