Author Topic: 2012 Patriots Football  (Read 111241 times)

Re: 2012 Patriots Football
« Reply #480 on: December 17, 2012, 12:16:06 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
My NINERS will see you guys In a rematch for the Super Bowl. Man, Tom Brady had me scared.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #481 on: December 17, 2012, 12:18:49 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Big loss for pats.  Denver now has inside edge for the 2nd bye.

« Reply #482 on: December 17, 2012, 12:21:56 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Honestly, I think the only reason the Pats got back in the game was the injury to J Smith.  Once the 9ers couldn't rush Brady, he had time to pick them apart.

Stout d-lines that rush the passer have success against the Pats.  It's really the only way to beat them.

I'd be worried if there was a good chance of the Patriots having to face a team like that on the road in the playoffs.

The Pats might have to go to Denver or Houston to make it to the Super Bowl, but that wouldn't scare me too bad.  Most of the teams that should really scare the Patriots are in the NFC.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #483 on: December 17, 2012, 12:31:34 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Denver is probably the only AFC team NE should be "worried" by.

SF and NYG (if they even make the playoffs-ugh)are the two NFC teams.  I believe they'd beat GB or Atl.

« Reply #484 on: December 17, 2012, 12:39:55 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

SF and NYG (if they even make the playoffs-ugh)are the two NFC teams.  I believe they'd beat GB or Atl.

Yeah.  Most likely I think NE will have to beat the Bengals or the Colts, then the Broncos, then the Texans.  In the Superbowl, it'll be the Falcons or the Packers.

The Patriots have no historically been a great road playoff team.  But they've already beaten their two main competitors in the AFC.  And the teams most likely to come from the NFC don't fit the profile of teams most likely to give the Pats a tough time.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #485 on: December 17, 2012, 01:56:01 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

Yeah.  Most likely I think NE will have to beat the Bengals or the Colts, then the Broncos, then the Texans.  In the Superbowl, it'll be the Falcons or the Packers.

The Patriots have no historically been a great road playoff team.  But they've already beaten their two main competitors in the AFC.  And the teams most likely to come from the NFC don't fit the profile of teams most likely to give the Pats a tough time.

Not at all a believer in the falcons. They are known for doing good during the regular season and then laying an egg in the playoffs. No way they get to the superbowl.

Anyways, im really bummed out about this loss. Now we won't get the bye week which is huge. We have never made the superbowl without the bye week. A patriots loss always kills me more than a celtics loss, im beyond annoyed right now.

« Reply #486 on: December 17, 2012, 02:12:52 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1642
Fluky game.  Nobody could hold onto the ball in the first half, and more loose balls found red and gold.  The gap should have been wider at halftime, to be honest.

I'd like to see the two teams meet again, without crappy weather or an injury getting in the way.  I don't think this was a good representation of which of these teams is better.

« Reply #487 on: December 17, 2012, 04:49:39 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Fluky game.  Nobody could hold onto the ball in the first half, and more loose balls found red and gold.  The gap should have been wider at halftime, to be honest.

I'd like to see the two teams meet again, without crappy weather or an injury getting in the way.  I don't think this was a good representation of which of these teams is better.

I agree 100 percent with this. We made soooooo many mistakes. I really wanted to grab ridley and choke the s*** out of him. In my opinion his fumble was the most costly play in the game. That and letting the 49ers score on TWO PLAYS right after we tie the game?! Its gonna take me awhile to get over this one. I really wanted that BYE week.

« Reply #488 on: December 17, 2012, 09:59:57 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Bummer of a loss.
Hopefully the Pats players and coaches can take something from this, that it makes them mad, and makes them play hard through the rest of the season.

On the flip side, I was pretty happy with ATL yesterday...
:)
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #489 on: December 17, 2012, 11:02:26 AM »

Offline twistedrico14

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
I don't think the Patriots will get back to the Super Bowl. They always look awesome in the regular season but then not so good.  I don't know whats so scary about 29 incompletions, 2 interceptions, and a 68 QB rating. 
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 11:07:29 AM by twistedrico14 »

« Reply #490 on: December 17, 2012, 11:02:59 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Were the replacement officials back for these game? Officiating was pretty horrible in both directions.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #491 on: December 23, 2012, 01:42:59 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Brady has slowly degenerated into Peyton Manning around the time Peyton was throwing Super Bowl losing interceptions. This represents an epic downgrade.

« Reply #492 on: December 30, 2012, 03:59:49 PM »

Offline dwlefty13

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 3
Go Patriots!! Let's begin the quest for the 4th title with a win against the Dolphins
Let's Go Celtics!!

« Reply #493 on: December 30, 2012, 04:36:38 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Let's end 2012 with a win, boys ... this is our kind of weather!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #494 on: December 30, 2012, 05:33:21 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
Nice half so far.  O and D playing well against a Miami team that is not looking very crisp today (so far).  Really good protection for Brady so far today.

Would be great to hang on and secure a bye.