Author Topic: 2012 Patriots Football  (Read 111233 times)

Re: 2012 Patriots Football
« Reply #360 on: October 21, 2012, 08:20:51 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Also, props to gostowski.  I have been giving him a hard time since Arizona, but this game was lost without him
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #361 on: October 21, 2012, 09:17:30 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
I don't know what they do different in the 4th quarter, but it needs to change. My least favorite sequence was the back to back plays where on 2nd down they did a complicated fake pass to the left then turn around and gun it to welker on the right (for -2 yards), then on 3rd down they do that fake handoff then pass the ball to woodhead who swung around the backfield for another loss.

I mean the offense was definitely not perfect today, but if Lloyd doesn't get the dropsies, the offense looks a lot better; why does a good offense that needs points and has been struggling for points in the 4th suddenly try to get cute? Just do what works! Sucky offenses need to resort to trickery, not good offenses against fairly fast defenses.

« Reply #362 on: October 21, 2012, 10:16:14 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I don't know what they do different in the 4th quarter, but it needs to change. My least favorite sequence was the back to back plays where on 2nd down they did a complicated fake pass to the left then turn around and gun it to welker on the right (for -2 yards), then on 3rd down they do that fake handoff then pass the ball to woodhead who swung around the backfield for another loss.

I mean the offense was definitely not perfect today, but if Lloyd doesn't get the dropsies, the offense looks a lot better; why does a good offense that needs points and has been struggling for points in the 4th suddenly try to get cute? Just do what works! Sucky offenses need to resort to trickery, not good offenses against fairly fast defenses.

I agree. The cutesy stuff has McDaniel s prints all over it. I don't like it. It's not working. Hopefully he's gotten the memo on this.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #363 on: October 21, 2012, 10:16:59 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Zoltan was their MVP today.
Yup

« Reply #364 on: October 22, 2012, 09:22:51 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
The way I see it is both teams tried really really hard to lose it and the Jets tried just a teeny tiny bit harder.

I mean Brady was like "Here. I'll throw a last minute sure interception!"  And Antonio Cromartie was like "Oh no you don't! I'm gonna drop it!"

And McCourty was like "Here. I'll fumble this kickoff!"    And then that Jets receiver was like "Oh yeah? Well I'll drop a sure first down so we'll have to hit a field goal"

Both teams really put on a very competitive show on how to give away a game but in the end the Jets just had a little more in that category.

« Reply #365 on: October 22, 2012, 09:46:04 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Mesko had a great game, but . . .

wait, no, you're right, pretty much only the punter had a great game (and Gostkowski).
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #366 on: October 22, 2012, 09:50:26 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

I think Zoltan should share that with the guy who kept FAIR CATCHING the ball at the 5 yard line.  Hasn't anyone ever told that guy to let it go inside the 10, and let it bounce into the endzone?

« Reply #367 on: October 22, 2012, 09:51:25 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHlubc-kNsY

Thank god we have Tom Brady, thats all I can say.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #368 on: October 22, 2012, 09:59:46 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Wait a second. You're saying if we had the opportunity to trade Tom for Cam we shouldn't do it?  I thought Cam was this great QB. Last year when Tebow was ripping off like 8 wins in a row and Cam was going like 4-12 all the talk was how great Cam was. 

I don't really see the difference between Cam's discussion there and Tom's after game losses where he just says stuff like "Yeah. We just didn't make the plays. They just executed better than us. They're a good team and they took advantage of what we did wrong".

Both just boring cliche fests. At least Cam got a little creative with the suggestion box.

« Reply #369 on: October 22, 2012, 10:01:33 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Wait a second. You're saying if we had the opportunity to trade Tom for Cam we shouldn't do it?  I thought Cam was this great QB. Last year when Tebow was ripping off like 8 wins in a row and Cam was going like 4-12 all the talk was how great Cam was. 

I don't really see the difference between Cam's discussion there and Tom's after game losses where he just says stuff like "Yeah. We just didn't make the plays. They just executed better than us. They're a good team and they took advantage of what we did wrong".

Both just boring cliche fests. At least Cam got a little creative with the suggestion box.

First off I never trashed tebow.  I'm a big tebow fan.  Second of all I'd take a guy of high character and a natural leader over somebody like pay to play cam newton. 

And we both know there is a huge difference between what Brady says and what cam said

« Reply #370 on: October 22, 2012, 10:04:31 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

First off I never trashed tebow.  I'm a big tebow fan.  Second of all I'd take a guy of high character and a natural leader over somebody like pay to play cam newton. 

And we both know there is a huge difference between what Brady says and what cam said
Nope I don't know that. When it said he threw the team under the bus I was expecting stuff like "My guys are dropping balls. I keep hitting them in the hands and they drop it. The defense can't make a tackle. They can't make any big plays. The kicker can't hit anything over 20 yards"  but it was nothing like that. It was "We need to score more points. We need more balance." 

« Reply #371 on: October 22, 2012, 11:01:18 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
eja your sense of reality is bordering very closely on trolling when it comes to Brady. There is no way Brady has ever said anything even remotely as passing off the blame to his team mates as Cam Newton did there.

And as for the Cam/Tebow debate. Cam is still a starting QB in this league who has thrown for 5400 yards and 26 TDs in 22 games. Tebow's thrown the ball twice this year and run it 22 times. At this point he's a third or fourth string running back in a specialized wildcat formation. 

« Reply #372 on: October 22, 2012, 11:09:31 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be
Cam's given a couple of weird press conferences this season(one after the Giants game was weird too).

He's as physically gifted as any QB in the league but you have to question the kid's mental toughness when things aren't going his way.  This isn't Auburn anymore where you're running the table.  You're playing for a below average team that isn't going anywhere in the short term.

I'm guessing you put Tebow's brain in Newton's body, you'd have a heckuva football player.  Tebow has the drive but not necessarily the football skills while Cam is vice-versa.

Anyways, I still take Brady over either and its not close.  Period.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #373 on: October 22, 2012, 11:56:17 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Cam's given a couple of weird press conferences this season(one after the Giants game was weird too).

He's as physically gifted as any QB in the league but you have to question the kid's mental toughness when things aren't going his way.  This isn't Auburn anymore where you're running the table.  You're playing for a below average team that isn't going anywhere in the short term.

I'm guessing you put Tebow's brain in Newton's body, you'd have a heckuva football player.  Tebow has the drive but not necessarily the football skills while Cam is vice-versa.

Anyways, I still take Brady over either and its not close.  Period.

Agreed.  There's 3 guys I'd take over Brady right now.  Brees and Rodgers are 1/2 then the third as much as it hurts me to say it is Eli Manning.  Other than that Brady is still a top 5 QB, has he declined a little? Sure, but he's still our MVP.
do it

« Reply #374 on: October 22, 2012, 12:10:48 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
eja your sense of reality is bordering very closely on trolling when it comes to Brady. There is no way Brady has ever said anything even remotely as passing off the blame to his team mates as Cam Newton did there.

And as for the Cam/Tebow debate. Cam is still a starting QB in this league who has thrown for 5400 yards and 26 TDs in 22 games. Tebow's thrown the ball twice this year and run it 22 times. At this point he's a third or fourth string running back in a specialized wildcat formation.
Maybe I need to listen to Cam again. I just heard a lot of frustration.  To me "I can only control what I do" just doesn't sound like throwing his team under the bus. It's probably not something Tom would say but I do think Tom makes statements like "We can't worry about what we can't control" and stuff like that.

So the Panthers are 1-5 and we're still talking about how great Cam is? We want to say he's great but he throws his teammates under the bus and in the mean time there's a different QB who led a team to a playoff win last year from down 1-4 and would never throw his teammates under the bus. So maybe the deal is the Panthers would be a lot better off with a 4th string running back named Tebow at QB than Cam there. They'd probably go down in passing stats but go up in wins stats. I'll take the wins.