Author Topic: 2012 Patriots Football  (Read 112727 times)

Re: 2012 Patriots Football
« Reply #255 on: October 14, 2012, 07:33:31 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
CBS has the worst coverage...I couldnt follow any game!
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #256 on: October 14, 2012, 08:08:33 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
When Brady cost the Pats 3 points just before the half because of a stupid throw away(it could have been done without being an obvious throw away), I said to my wife, "If the Pats lose by less than three points, I don't care how great Brady's numbers are, he lost this game with a stupid decision."

I take that all back. He lost this game because of a lot of stupid decisions. He was lucky not to have been picked off 5 times.

Also, Dennard and Wilson look like the only DBs that has half a clue and they are a 7th round rookie and a 2nd round rookie. McCourty, Chung, Arrington, Moore and Gregory all are just plain terrible.

« Reply #257 on: October 14, 2012, 08:10:54 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
The Pats are going to win this game, but they should be embarrassed for giving up that TD.

« Reply #258 on: October 14, 2012, 08:14:21 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
lol at da last few pages Seattle is a tough place to play i kno a lot of yall only pay attention to ya favorite team nd nobody else but Seattle is 4-2 for a reason but da more da pats lose its all gravy so keep spillin feelings in here haha

« Reply #259 on: October 14, 2012, 08:16:38 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
lol at da last few pages Seattle is a tough place to play i kno a lot of yall only pay attention to ya favorite team nd nobody else but Seattle is 4-2 for a reason but da more da pats lose its all gravy so keep spillin feelings in here haha

I'm not a Pats fan, and generally root against them.  However, there's no way they should have lost that game in the manner in which they did.

Getting totally burned on a deep pattern like that?  Just totally unacceptable.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #260 on: October 14, 2012, 08:23:34 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
and...I am not a Pat's fan...especially today!  :-\
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #261 on: October 14, 2012, 08:29:01 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
When Brady cost the Pats 3 points just before the half because of a stupid throw away(it could have been done without being an obvious throw away), I said to my wife, "If the Pats lose by less than three points, I don't care how great Brady's numbers are, he lost this game with a stupid decision."

I take that all back. He lost this game because of a lot of stupid decisions. He was lucky not to have been picked off 5 times.

Also, Dennard and Wilson look like the only DBs that has half a clue and they are a 7th round rookie and a 2nd round rookie. McCourty, Chung, Arrington, Moore and Gregory all are just plain terrible.
He was absolutely Manningish...and not Eli Manning.  I mean he wasn't anywhere near as bad as Brett Farve, but he was pretty horrid.

« Reply #262 on: October 14, 2012, 08:29:17 PM »

Offline elcotte

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 52
Brady sure didn't play well....never seen him skip so many passes, lose track of time just before the half, force throws into coverage and take grounding plays. McDaniel wasn't any better with his play calling especially with a couple minutes left in the game.
The defense? McCourty must go and should take Arrington with him. Way to many long passes against them. And for Moore not to cover the outside on the last punt is criminal. Bad decisions all around today.

« Reply #263 on: October 15, 2012, 09:30:10 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
The secondary was horrible last year, and picked up where they left off this season. The trick is, they usually get a pass because the offense is so brilliant. Example: even with zero defense yesterday, we were one intentional grounding call away from coming on top.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #264 on: October 15, 2012, 09:54:01 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

I'm not a Pats fan, and generally root against them.  However, there's no way they should have lost that game in the manner in which they did.

This is what they do.  And unfortunately, the other coaches have figured it out.  The book on the Pat's defense has become pretty thick. 

And the problem wasn't that they got "beat".  I don't put that on the Corner.  The problem is that the Safety was nowhere to be seen...which has been a HUGE issue.  The safeties are constantly biting on the wrong patterns (or play action), leaving the deep patterns wide open. 

Combine that with the fact that they seem to be teaching their corners to never play the ball, and it is making it very easy on opposing QBs.

« Reply #265 on: October 15, 2012, 10:00:47 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
BTW, I hate the fact that people are pointing to the "intentional grounding".  It was either that or a sack.  And a sack would have killed the clock too, most likely.

« Reply #266 on: October 15, 2012, 10:14:24 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
BTW, I hate the fact that people are pointing to the "intentional grounding".  It was either that or a sack.  And a sack would have killed the clock too, most likely.
The one just before half wasnt close to a sack and cost the team a shot at a gimme field goal.

« Reply #267 on: October 15, 2012, 10:49:50 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
The one just before half wasnt close to a sack and cost the team a shot at a gimme field goal.
Yup. Not to mention how poorly we managed the clock before it.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #268 on: October 15, 2012, 12:15:03 PM »

Offline elcotte

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 52

Not to mention that he had three receivers in the right corner of the endzone....so if he's going to throw it away, it should have been to the right.

« Reply #269 on: October 15, 2012, 12:21:55 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

This is what they do.  And unfortunately, the other coaches have figured it out.  The book on the Pat's defense has become pretty thick. 

And the problem wasn't that they got "beat".  I don't put that on the Corner.  The problem is that the Safety was nowhere to be seen...which has been a HUGE issue.  The safeties are constantly biting on the wrong patterns (or play action), leaving the deep patterns wide open. 

Combine that with the fact that they seem to be teaching their corners to never play the ball, and it is making it very easy on opposing QBs.

I agree, though the two safeties out there were both rookies, not trying to make excuses, but one was a second round pick and the other was an Ohio state rugby player.  The defense is definitely more talented than in years past and they have been making tons of high impact plays.  I think better awareness and recognition on plays like the one to Sydney rice will come in time. 

CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16