Author Topic: 2012 Patriots Football  (Read 111774 times)

Re: 2012 Patriots Football
« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2012, 11:19:42 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I picked a pretty sweet first Patriots game.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2012, 11:47:31 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
The patriots lost today. You know what that means.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWfbGGZE07M

« Reply #137 on: September 17, 2012, 08:47:38 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Pats grasp defeat from the clutchs of victory.

Maybe the other teams have finally figured out how to beat the Pats offensive system.  ( pressure the QB)

« Reply #138 on: September 17, 2012, 09:24:19 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
ugh, painful loss.
hopefully it is used as a motivation of sorts for the rest of the season.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #139 on: September 17, 2012, 10:21:23 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Two interesting notes from yesterdays game.

-Arizona scored 10 of their 20 points on two drives where the moved the ball a combined 9 yards

-10 of the cardinals 13 possessions lasted 5 plays or less
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #140 on: September 17, 2012, 10:40:18 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
Two interesting notes from yesterdays game.

-Arizona scored 10 of their 20 points on two drives where the moved the ball a combined 9 yards

-10 of the cardinals 13 possessions lasted 5 plays or less

First note = Importance of special teams
Second note = Patriots defense appears much improved
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #141 on: September 17, 2012, 10:54:00 AM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119

Maybe the other teams have finally figured out how to beat the Pats offensive system.  ( pressure the QB)

Oh man, please, no "pressure the QB" talk.  I can't think of a more obvious football gameplan than "pressure the QB"...I'm pretty sure no qb likes to get hit or sacked.  It only took until the Giants in 2007, up until then no teams in the first 6 years of Brady's career obviously never had the idea of "pressure the QB"

Brady has to do better with taking the opportunity to scramble for a few yards, not be Vick or RGIII, but the amount of times he hung onto the ball or threw it away when he had the chance to gain some positive yardage on his own was so frustrating to watch yesterday.

« Reply #142 on: September 17, 2012, 12:25:42 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

Oh man, please, no "pressure the QB" talk.  I can't think of a more obvious football gameplan than "pressure the QB"...I'm pretty sure no qb likes to get hit or sacked.  It only took until the Giants in 2007, up until then no teams in the first 6 years of Brady's career obviously never had the idea of "pressure the QB"

Brady has to do better with taking the opportunity to scramble for a few yards, not be Vick or RGIII, but the amount of times he hung onto the ball or threw it away when he had the chance to gain some positive yardage on his own was so frustrating to watch yesterday.

Tp, this a thousand times this.

I am so sick and tired of this on any NFL broadcast. You can gaurentee that no matter what one commentator will say the following or a close variation.

"you know, the key to disrupting (insert QB) is to make him feel presure and get hits and sacks on the QB."

Oh gee, you think? you mean what the defense is trying to do on every play and the offensive line is trying to prevent is key to the defensive gameplan?

Defenses enjoy 6-10 yards lost, a possable turnover, and a loss of down?

oh lordy! thank god for you insightful NFL announcer!

This "gameplan" is on par with these other breaking gameplans from other sports.

1: "you know, if you play great defense and rebound, thats the key to a succesful NBA defense."

2: "you know, if you hit alot of homeruns, that probley a pretty good formula for success."

3: "the key to shutting down a great hitter is to get him out"

4: " The key to denying power play goals is not to commit penilties."

ect, ect.

I am so sick and tired of hearing the weakness of QB's is being sacked. I thought it was getting no pressure and just hoping for the best.  ::)
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #143 on: September 17, 2012, 12:40:24 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Arizona didn't win that game, the Pats lost it. Poor offensive play calling. Bad special teams. Undisciplined and stupid penalties. Poor execution. Poor decision making and throws on many occasions from Brady. Some really bad drops.

Belichick will love having this game in his pocket to remind this team of how they need to practice and execute to win. In the long run, this might be a good thing for the team.

BTW, the defense is looking awesome and this year's draft class might be the best in a decade.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 12:46:54 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #144 on: September 17, 2012, 01:20:13 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones

BTW, the defense is looking awesome and this year's draft class might be the best in a decade.

Yep. Of course, we're only two games in, but it is looking really good so far.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #145 on: September 18, 2012, 08:07:30 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Patriots just signed Kellen Winslow.  Obviously a Hernandez replacement for the time being.  Could be interesting I think.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #146 on: September 18, 2012, 08:10:33 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
when Hernandez does come back, could you imagine that 3 tight end set?  Pretty cool

« Reply #147 on: September 18, 2012, 08:57:50 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
In addition to Winslow, they also just brought back Branch.

Not a big surprise since they never took down his locker. 

The only surprise for me is that they cut for Salas after trading him. 

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/8396677/report-new-england-patriots-bring-back-veteran-wr-deion-branch

« Reply #148 on: September 18, 2012, 09:21:01 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Arizona didn't win that game, the Pats lost it. Poor offensive play calling. Bad special teams. Undisciplined and stupid penalties. Poor execution. Poor decision making and throws on many occasions from Brady. Some really bad drops.

Belichick will love having this game in his pocket to remind this team of how they need to practice and execute to win. In the long run, this might be a good thing for the team.

Yeah, exactly ... I told someone today that I wcs encouraged from that game and they looked at me like I had lobsters coming out of my ears.

They beat themselves Sunday, and gave Bill a clear picture why and how to correct it.

These kind of games are as necessary as almost any others, and I'm glad it came early in the season.

I'm loving this team, especially the defense and the improved running game ... Brady and the passing game will get into sync shortly, and the loose ends will be polished off without much trouble.

Barring any more critical injuries, I think the Pats are definitely one of the teams to beat in the East, if not the team.

Really happy about Branch and Winslow as well ... those threats should help Gronk's catches and the resurgence of Welker, as well as Lloyd's rising Patriots career.

Feeling great about this team ... the strangest thing about that game was Gostowki's miss, which seemed like a head thing, but I don't think it will be a chronic concern.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #149 on: September 20, 2012, 11:13:02 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I did not realize Ridley is 5th in the league in rushing yards and 10th in yards per attempt. Kinda makes the loss more frustrating actually