Author Topic: Anyone else have this problem in NBA 2K12?  (Read 8748 times)

Anyone else have this problem in NBA 2K12?
« on: August 12, 2012, 04:27:06 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
While I wait for the season to begin and the release of NBA 2K13, I have decided to play as the Celtics in Association Mode on NBA 2K12.

Traded Ray for Terry in a bigger trade, and we ended up meeting Dallas in the Finals with HCA.

It was an incredible series, and Game 7 went to overtime.  We won, and as the players were celebrating, my game froze.  The weird thing is, this is not the first time this thing has happened.

In another file, I beat OKC in Game 7, and that game went to overtime, too.  As the players were celebrating, my game froze.

It seems like there are a lot of bugs in 2K12, but this one was the strangest I've seen.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Re: Anyone else have this problem in NBA 2K12?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 05:21:01 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
I won one championship in my 2k12 and it was fine so... idk man might be your game

edit: then again mine was in my player so idk

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 05:21:45 PM »

fitzhickey

Similar thing, just with timeouts. I raged a bit.  >:(

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 05:26:26 PM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
It has been freezing for me more as of late. The game is buggy as hell.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 06:01:08 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
I have that problem from time to time as well.

Btw, is anybody else upset about how corrupted the coaching profiles and staff are? There should not be free agent coaches that are A,A,A...They can make teams with enough staff cap space improve immensely, despite how horrid their roster is. And Doc Rivers? C,B,C, or something like that? Also with teams like Portland, where Nate McMillan is, for some reason, paid 10 mil a season to coach (Not to mention NBA scouts and how some of them are paid so much even though they are completely worthless to the game experience). I hope for a change in NBA2k13.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 06:13:12 PM »

Offline Rondooooooooo

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
  • Truth Hurts
anyone know when this comes out i've been stuck w/ 2k11 for a couple years and won the chip too many times its boring me
"My name is Shaquille O'Neal, and Paul Pierce is the [expletive] truth. Quote me on that, and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 06:42:49 PM »

Offline jbaerg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
2k12 is one of the most buggy games I've played. There are a lot of visual tears and game bugs. Even the patches don't fix everything. I hope they clean up a lot in 2k13

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 06:50:17 PM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
I've had problems with 2K12 and random freezes.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 07:39:08 PM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
I'm in Year 3 of my Trailblazers Association and Obama is coaching the Utah Jazz...seriously.

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 01:06:10 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
I'm in Year 3 of my Trailblazers Association and Obama is coaching the Utah Jazz...seriously.
saw this one too, he's coaching milwaukee on my association though. funny and weird.lol

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 02:09:24 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
i have a lot of freezes lately as well

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 04:39:41 AM »

Offline perrin_goldeneyes

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 8
Mine doesn't freeze a lot, but I hate that the team statistics are a complete mess in the association mode.

I expected them to fix this in a patch, but apparently this wasn't too important to them :P

Hopefully it will be back as it should be in 2K13 (as it was fine in 2K11). I also hope they add some advanced statistics like offensive and defensive efficiency, as well as a team's rebounding rating.

Now I keep an excel file with my team's (the Celtics of course) results, and calculate the correct statistics automatically, so I can compare with the other teams.
I'm about halfway through the season and have a 26-20 record. I manage to win against some very good teams, but then sometimes get blown out by the bad teams, e.g. Cavs, Wolves. Just as the Celtics in real life, we suck at rebounding (about 38rpg) -- especially on the offensive glass, but I have a very good FG% (about 49%).

It's a shame that there are lots of bugs in this version, because the gameplay during the games is a lot smoother than in 2K11. If this wasn't the case, I would've gone back to 2K11 until 2K13 came out.

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 05:46:00 AM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
This happened to me also... All you need to do before starting game or game 6 (whichever is your final game) you have to turn off the "AutoSave" feature. If you leave this on the game will freeze after you win.  ;) Turn it back on after the ceremony.

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 06:48:49 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Mine doesn't freeze a lot, but I hate that the team statistics are a complete mess in the association mode.

I expected them to fix this in a patch, but apparently this wasn't too important to them :P

Hopefully it will be back as it should be in 2K13 (as it was fine in 2K11). I also hope they add some advanced statistics like offensive and defensive efficiency, as well as a team's rebounding rating.

Now I keep an excel file with my team's (the Celtics of course) results, and calculate the correct statistics automatically, so I can compare with the other teams.
I'm about halfway through the season and have a 26-20 record. I manage to win against some very good teams, but then sometimes get blown out by the bad teams, e.g. Cavs, Wolves. Just as the Celtics in real life, we suck at rebounding (about 38rpg) -- especially on the offensive glass, but I have a very good FG% (about 49%).

It's a shame that there are lots of bugs in this version, because the gameplay during the games is a lot smoother than in 2K11. If this wasn't the case, I would've gone back to 2K11 until 2K13 came out.

My problem is that KG often gets into foul trouble and I had no one to rely on when he sits. Just like the real KG, my team suffers a lot when he sits. I wish 2k bradley is as good as the real one.

Jajuan is so easy to use in 2k12, very smooth jumper and very good leaper/

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 08:13:03 AM »

Offline perrin_goldeneyes

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 8

My problem is that KG often gets into foul trouble and I had no one to rely on when he sits. Just like the real KG, my team suffers a lot when he sits. I wish 2k bradley is as good as the real one.

Jajuan is so easy to use in 2k12, very smooth jumper and very good leaper/

I moved KG to the Center spot and have BB as my starting PF. KG doesn't get in to a whole lot of foul trouble, although it happens. You're right that the team suffers when he's not on the court, but JJJ does indeed perform very well in 2K12. I started with using Stiemsma as my big backup, but when there were a few bigs in foul trouble, JJJ came on and grabbed a lot of rebounds in a few minutes and he scores more easily then Stiemsma. I gave Stiemsma's minutes to JJJ and he's doing great in the minutes he gets. I also gave him one start against the Nets to rest KG, because he seems to always be "Tired", "Sluggish" or "Exhausted" after a few games. I don't know what the impact is of him being tired, but I assumed it would be better to have him fresh ;) Either way, I still average about 18 and 8 with KG, and he has the second best FG% in the league.

I also enjoy Bass a lot. His midrange jumper is great (he's 5th in the league in FG%), and lately he's been rebounding very good (for a Celtic :P): last 6 games he had 8 or more rebounds. I almost had a triple double with Bass as well (17 points, 10 rebounds, 7 assists).

As for AB, he isn't as good as the real one, which is a shame, but I still start him over Ray (although Ray plays more minutes and has more ppg). I prefer Ray coming of the bench so my scoring doesn't really go down. 

Rondo is great as well, especially the passing (I'm at 11 apg), but I get quiet a lot of turnovers as well. Sometimes he throws the ball next to a player, instead of to him and the defense sometimes gets incredible steals on fastbreaks. I get a lot of double doubles, and have been 1 rebound shy of a triple double twice.