Author Topic: CB Draft Reg Season Voting Results - 2nd round matchups announced  (Read 58397 times)

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Did you see Pau Gasol today?

24 points in 33 minutes. On 17 shots.

Spain should have played Marc more though. Only 17 minutes? He goes 8-10 for 17 points. A point a minute. He should have played more.

Marc was in foul trouble.
Pau Gasol
24 PTS 9-17 FG 7 AST 8 REB
Close to a triple double
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 04:42:59 PM by ronaldo943 »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen

Spain should have played Marc more though. Only 17 minutes? He goes 8-10 for 17 points. A point a minute. He should have played more.

I must admit though Marc was playing really good when he was on the floor

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300

Spain actually played a great 3rd quarter tho thanks in part to Serge Ibaka.  They put Ibaka on LeBron straight up and it allowed them to get out of that zone that Durant was just destroying from downtown.  Worked enough to keep it a 1 point game thru 3.

That box and-1 was working effectively as well.  Hadn't seen that defense employed in a while.  It took some late CP3 brilliance and another LeBron dagger-3 to finish 'em off.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen

Spain actually played a great 3rd quarter tho thanks in part to Serge Ibaka.  They put Ibaka on LeBron straight up and it allowed them to get out of that zone that Durant was just destroying from downtown.  Worked enough to keep it a 1 point game thru 3.

That box and-1 was working effectively as well.  Hadn't seen that defense employed in a while.  It took some late CP3 brilliance and another LeBron dagger-3 to finish 'em off.

Ibaka and Gasol carried Spain in the third quarter

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I'm looking forward to that Boston / Wizards matchup.

The Mavs get the Nuggets and KG in the first round.  Sorry, Boozer, time to get the knives out.

I see this going down like the end of "Harry and the Hendersons"

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

I only saw the first half but thought that pau played ok.  I thought Spain would be able to take advantage of their size better than they did
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen

I only saw the first half but thought that pau played ok.  I thought Spain would be able to take advantage of their size better than they did

In the third Pau scored like 15 points to keep the game close

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
Who do you guys think is going to win it all?

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

I think this league is incredibly deep and that any team could , conceivably, win it all. And I know SO agrees.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Next year...me. This year....Dallas or Chicago.

Chicago has that "IP" factor about his team so he will at minimum make the Finals.(For those that don't know the "IP" factor is an inexplicable abiility to convince, cajol and basically b.s. your team at least one round farther than it deserves to go in the CB Draft. It does not specifically refer to IP led teams as a few years back the Crotornats had an amazing IP factor of X3). ;D Chicago also has a very good team.

Dallas is the other choice because until proven otherwise LeBton is the best player in the world by leaps and bounds and can dominate in every facet of the game. Having LeBron the first year after his first ring and aeeing the condition of the NBA is a little like having MJ after his first ring. Who's team is better whenever you compare it to Dallas, Dallas has one thing to say. We have LeBron. End of discussion. And, they have some dang gteat otger players too which only engances that argument.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I think this league is incredibly deep and that any team could , conceivably, win it all. And I know SO agrees.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Chicago has that "IP" factor about his team so he will at minimum make the Finals.(For those that don't know the "IP" factor is an inexplicable abiility to convince, cajol and basically b.s. your team at least one round farther than it deserves to go in the CB Draft. It does not specifically refer to IP led teams as a few years back the Crotornats had an amazing IP factor of X3). ;D Chicago also has a very good team.

Dallas is the other choice because until proven otherwise LeBton is the best player in the world by leaps and bounds and can dominate in every facet of the game. Having LeBron the first year after his first ring and aeeing the condition of the NBA is a little like having MJ after his first ring. Who's team is better whenever you compare it to Dallas, Dallas has one thing to say. We have LeBron. End of discussion. And, they have some dang gteat otger players too which only engances that argument.

I think Chicago and Dallas are the two best teams (with Dallas being better  :D).  I'll be surprised if either, let alone both, make the Finals.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Dallas is the other choice because until proven otherwise LeBton is the best player in the world by leaps and bounds and can dominate in every facet of the game. Having LeBron the first year after his first ring and aeeing the condition of the NBA is a little like having MJ after his first ring. Who's team is better whenever you compare it to Dallas, Dallas has one thing to say. We have LeBron. End of discussion. And, they have some dang gteat ;) otger players too which only engances that argument.
I think Chicago and Dallas are the two best teams (with Dallas being better  :D).  I'll be surprised if either, let alone both, make the Finals.
The old reverse psychology spin....I like it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 09:00:20 PM by nickagneta »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen

Yea i think Dallas will take it all, IP's team is great and well he is good at convincing people with his stats and all of the good stuff but i dont see his team beating dallas

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all

I'll just say that while I had the same 3 teams as the 1-3 seeds in each conf. i had them in a diff. order than what they ended up as.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!