Author Topic: 2012 NFL Football  (Read 30988 times)

Re: 2012 NFL Football
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2012, 09:23:33 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Well Jay Cutler really showing he's a changed man. Throws a pick-6 before he completes a pass in the 2012 regular season. Nice.
He seemed to be just fine.

Yeah he really came around, the post was from the first quarter when I think he was 0-2 with a pick-6.

Man of I were Matt Forte I'd be furious. He should've had 3 scores today, and for Bush's first vulture, Forte basically did all the work just so Bush could eat the dinner. I know I'm annoyed (and a little mad at myself for not starting both bears RBs against the weak sauce colts).

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2012, 10:07:32 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Also what happened with Cam Newton? Or, what happened with Tampa Bay? I didn't get a chance to see the game, but the Panthers couldn't run to save their lives, and while Newton was efficient enough throwing the ball, he did throw 2 picks that likely cost them the game. Was Tampa's defense better than advertised, or was Newton just failing to make plays?

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2012, 10:18:54 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 588
Coming into the season, I was 100% sure that the Packers were being incredibly overrated by the media.

Today, the 49ers reinforced my confidence in the Packers' limitations. Yeah I know they got a great defense, but last year's game against the Giants was not a fluke. Rodgers has flaws just like Brady or Brees do, much to the dismay of ESPN or SI.

And this Viking fan is smiling ear to ear. There's going to be a lot of long faces at work tomorrow. I can't wait to feast on their tears.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2012, 11:27:40 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Coming into the season, I was 100% sure that the Packers were being incredibly overrated by the media.

Today, the 49ers reinforced my confidence in the Packers' limitations. Yeah I know they got a great defense, but last year's game against the Giants was not a fluke. Rodgers has flaws just like Brady or Brees do, much to the dismay of ESPN or SI.

And this Viking fan is smiling ear to ear. There's going to be a lot of long faces at work tomorrow. I can't wait to feast on their tears.
I went in with two vikes this year for fantasy, and right now it looks to be paying off. Kyle Rudolph and Percy Harvin look like they'll be options 1 and 1a in the offense for the pass, and they're two of the guys Ponder seems to have chemistry with. Good stuff.

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 12:02:43 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald

I went in with two vikes this year for fantasy, and right now it looks to be paying off. Kyle Rudolph and Percy Harvin look like they'll be options 1 and 1a in the offense for the pass, and they're two of the guys Ponder seems to have chemistry with. Good stuff.

Ugh, I drafted AP and sat him because I believed what Frazier said(dumb I know). If I had kept him in, I wouldn't be praying for Rivers and Bey to give me 35 pts tonight. The guy I'm playing has Gates to make things even more difficult.

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2012, 01:33:33 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532

Ugh, I drafted AP and sat him because I believed what Frazier said(dumb I know). If I had kept him in, I wouldn't be praying for Rivers and Bey to give me 35 pts tonight. The guy I'm playing has Gates to make things even more difficult.
Peterson was announced as the starter before the game began.  They don't start players they don't plan on giving 15-20 carries to.  Peterson got 17 and the game went into OT.  About what you would expect from your starter. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 02:18:20 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Peterson was announced as the starter before the game began.  They don't start players they don't plan on giving 15-20 carries to.  Peterson got 17 and the game went into OT.  About what you would expect from your starter.

Maybe you're a football HC whisperer, but I was listening to Brad Evans from Yahoo before the games, and he was saying even with Peterson being the starter, he thought 12-15 carries and light duty.

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2012, 11:23:34 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
“Heard some talk out of the Bears: Packers secondary not working coverage, bigger receivers … we heard about it,” Woodson told Rachel Nichols of ESPN. “We understand that Jay is excited about his new weapons, but it’s the same-old Jay. We don’t need luck; Jay will throw us the ball.”

-Charles Woodson

Burnnnn
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2012, 11:29:28 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
I have no idea what Chicago was trying to do in that first half. I wonder if they knew they still had Forte on the team(before he went out of the game, or what a screen pass is.

Both teams looked like garbage last night. GB's defense isn't as good as it looked last night.

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2012, 12:08:11 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
Ravens we out chea we gon see yall next week

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2012, 12:15:20 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Ravens we out chea we gon see yall next week

The battle of the Jones Brothers.  Its gonna be pretty good!

CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2012, 11:48:23 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Just crazy stuff ... when will this madness end?!?

Horrible officiating ... all week long.

This GBP/SEA game will be controversy for weeks to come. :P
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2012, 11:59:33 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1642
This is really ruining the season for the NFL at this point.  It's altering the outcome of games.  Commentators are openly looking for ways to criticize the actions and decisions referees make on the field (not that it really matters... just saying). 

This has to end. 

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2012, 09:04:04 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Nice Win, Washington!!

And way for Billy Cundiff to convert that game-winning FG, after missing 3 that game. Goes to show you that oftentimes it's not how you start - but how you finish!

And Robert Griffin the III....after 4 games, a brutal (IMO) schedule with 3 games on the road vs good teams, and one game at home vs a good Cincinnati team - Washington is 2-2.

I haven't felt THIS good about a 2-2 Washington team in a few years.

With Griffin III, we have an opportunity to win EVERY game.

And how about Alfred Morris? Not too shabby so far for a 6th rounder.

I love this team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKiYeTe9aiM

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2012, 09:43:02 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Sanchez is completing less than 50% with 5 TDs and 4 ints. His rating is 69.2 And he has rushed 1 time for 4 yards. And now he loses Santonio Holmes. It's pretty clear where this is going.