Author Topic: First Brady's, now Welker's  (Read 9035 times)

Re: First Brady's, now Welker's
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 09:13:01 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Bad character? Maybe. But cant take away his career as a football player. Mrs. Welker is completely out of line on this one.

I would love to put some pads on Mrs. Welker and give her the ball with only Ray Lewis between her and the Endzone. Then I wonder if she does any smack talkin.

What's the big deal?

The team  her husband plays for lost a game, she was upset and wrote some stuff on facebook. She later deleted it and issued an apology to Ray Lewis and her family.

She strikes me as someone who loves her husband dearly, make a mistake, realized it and corrected it.

Hats off to Mrs. Welker.

And hats off to Ray Lewis for not responding negatively (or responding at all).

Basically -- nothing to see here, IMHO.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 09:23:02 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Bad character? Maybe. But cant take away his career as a football player. Mrs. Welker is completely out of line on this one.

Agreed.  Disappointing people would defend this.

It's underhanded for a start.

Beyond that, making this personal goes too far and beyond what is being celebrated about Ray Lewis.  Say whatever you want about his character, I and no one else I've seen is going on about his personal life.  They are going on about his career play and leadership.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 05:29:41 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
The only thing that bothers me is that she apologized. What next? Will we all apologize to the Stalin family for harsh words used against Joseph? If you can't call a murdering absentee dad a bad person who can you call a bad person?
He isn't a murderer nor absentee.
So I guess he paid off the family in a settlement beeeccaauuussee....yeah. And I suppose maybe he has custody of all 6 of his kids or just keeps all 4 women around him.
If the D.A. believed Lewis committed murder he would not have let him plead to misdemeanor obstruction of justice.  A D.A. would never pass on the high profile murder case unless he thought the guy didn't do it.  People settle lawsuits all the time.  A settlement doesn't mean a huge gigantic big money pay off.  He could have just given them enough money to pay for the funeral for all anyone knows. 

An absentee dad is someone that doesn't take care of his kids and is never around.  It doesn't mean he has to have full custody and his kis have to be always around.  I mean if that is your definition then all football players are absentee because of the amount of travel they have in their jobs. And it has nothing to do with with the women.
Maybe you're right. Maybe he's not a murderer. He might just be a guy that obstructs justice of other murderers and then pays for funerals and is a great family man kinda like Yul Bryner in the King and I when the 80 kids came out one by one. I didn't mean to insinuate for one minute that he a Cromartie. I mean I'm sure he knows the names of his 6 kids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnD1JtSALCA

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2013, 05:38:32 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
First, I'd say who really cares?  Even if Ray Lewis was the Martin Luther King of the NFL, as far as I'm concerned, when you agree to play on TV for millions of dollars, you lose the right for anyone to feel badly for you if someone posts something on Facebook about you.  Quite frankly I wouldn't care if someone said something about a Patriot. 

Second, Ray Lewis is a scumbag who gets shamelessly promoted by the media.  Did she say what she said out of frustration?  Is it petty?  Sure on both accounts.  Doesn't make it not true. 

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2013, 09:41:19 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
First, I'd say who really cares?  Even if Ray Lewis was the Martin Luther King of the NFL, as far as I'm concerned, when you agree to play on TV for millions of dollars, you lose the right for anyone to feel badly for you if someone posts something on Facebook about you.  Quite frankly I wouldn't care if someone said something about a Patriot. 

Second, Ray Lewis is a scumbag who gets shamelessly promoted by the media.  Did she say what she said out of frustration?  Is it petty?  Sure on both accounts.  Doesn't make it not true.

Yes well stated. We often forget that pro athletes are just paid entertainers (very well paid in some cases). There is a whole industry out there that tries to make us think differently, but at the end of the day, Ray Lewis is like a circus clown: someone that gets paid for my entertainment. Brady too. Paul pierce too.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013, 06:45:03 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
The amount of ignorance in this thread is mind numbing
DKC Suns