Author Topic: KG and Rondo hangin' with Snoop  (Read 10887 times)

Re: KG and Rondo hangin' with Snoop
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 10:13:25 PM »

Offline All Star Matt Clement

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 12
We are going streaking!! yeah!!! Bring your green hat! C'mon!

Snoop??? Snoop a loop?

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2012, 10:40:20 PM »

Offline Master Po

• Author and
  • CelticsBlog Relic
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 242
  • The Man behind the Curtain
As a longtime Bob Marley lover, fan, follower and overall Reggae and Dub fan....(I have Marley T-shirts older than some of you I suspect....it makes me throw up in my mouth more than a little bit that Snoop Dog is now wanting to be called Snoop Lion..get that crap outta here Snoop. Snoop LION LYIN is more like it.

I guess portraying the Thug Life ain't selling so much these days is it Snoop? "Straight Outta Compton" "Rollin on Gin and Juice" and all that crap he has promoted and espoused to is a long way from the life of Bob Marley and his long held peaceful ways and his true beliefs in the Rastafarian life style...which by the way included no liquor.

Snoop probably doesn't realize the only thing he and Bob Marley have in common is smokin weed, black skin and that their similarities end there.

Just trying to make money off the life and true blessings of peace and love given to all by Bob Marley. RIP Bob Marley.... Jah love

Rasta  Snoop Lion....hahahahahahahaha...what a joke

« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 11:20:51 PM by Master Po »

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2012, 10:54:34 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
So now we know that KG sides with Rondo... looks like Ray was out in the cold.

Methinks the CELTICS will be a closer knit group without Ray Allen

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2012, 11:48:22 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
As a longtime Bob Marley lover, fan, follower and overall Reggae and Dub fan....(I have Marley T-shirts older than some of you I suspect....it makes me throw up in my mouth more than a little bit that Snoop Dog is now wanting to be called Snoop Lion..get that crap outta here Snoop. Snoop LION LYIN is more like it.

I guess portraying the Thug Life ain't selling so much these days is it Snoop? "Straight Outta Compton" "Rollin on Gin and Juice" and all that crap he has promoted and espoused to is a long way from the life of Bob Marley and his long held peaceful ways and his true beliefs in the Rastafarian life style...which by the way included no liquor.

Snoop probably doesn't realize the only thing he and Bob Marley have in common is smokin weed, black skin and that their similarities end there.

Just trying to make money off the life and true blessings of peace and love given to all by Bob Marley. RIP Bob Marley.... Jah love

Not going to lie, I've been a Snoop fan since 12 years old aprox.  I'm 31 now.  STILL blast Snoop!

I fully agree with the sentiment to your post though.  Snoop is the furthest thing from a true Rasta man.  This is an absrudly overt attempt to remain relevant, and make money.  Snoop has been about making money for 3 decades now. 

I'm no Rasta, but I would imagine Snoop trying to become Rasta is very much a slap in the face to true Rasta's.

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2012, 11:54:11 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Irks me when people take what they see in videos and then say "yep, that's how he is in reality"...
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2012, 11:56:22 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Can't tell if Snoop Dogg's tellin' the truth, or Snoop Lion.

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2012, 12:13:18 AM »

Offline DesP898

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
Rondo's shirt  8)

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2012, 01:18:11 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
It's Snoop Lion now.

Not only has he changed his name to Snoop Lion, he's recorded a reggae album, forsaken hip hop and turned Rastafarian. There's a documentary on this development and a new song "La La La". I'd have to say the results are mixed, but kudos to Snoop for taking control of his life.

I wouldn't call that taking control...

The whole image change thing might be has to be the weed talking.

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2012, 02:38:57 AM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

Snoop has been about making money for 3 decades now. 

That's been my sense.

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2012, 03:55:26 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
KG says I got 5 on it
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2012, 05:31:59 AM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
We are going streaking!! yeah!!! Bring your green hat! C'mon!

Snoop??? Snoop a loop?

AHAHAHAHAHAH TP

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2012, 06:39:45 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

Not going to lie, I've been a Snoop fan since 12 years old aprox.  I'm 31 now.  STILL blast Snoop!

I fully agree with the sentiment to your post though.  Snoop is the furthest thing from a true Rasta man.  This is an absrudly overt attempt to remain relevant, and make money.  Snoop has been about making money for 3 decades now. 

I'm no Rasta, but I would imagine Snoop trying to become Rasta is very much a slap in the face to true Rasta's.

I was also a fan of Snoop Dogg in the early 2000's. Yes, rap was still a huge back then and his songs are "gangsta". But after he sold rap to mainstream and jumping into reggae, he did not only slap the face of hip hop but also the reggae genre. Bob Marley must be rolling in his grave now.

His hiphop legacy might be cemented now, but it will never reach the level of Pac, Nas, Rakim and many hiphop pioneers.

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2012, 06:47:14 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Never seen Snoop at a Celtics game.

He's a Lakers fan, I try not to hold that against him.

Well, PP was a Lakers fan, too. Kind of comes with the territory when you're from Inglewood or Long Beach or whatever, I think.

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2012, 07:41:57 AM »

Offline anthony83

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36

Snoop is one of my favorite artists, unique and great, the problem is that he is the Lakers 8)

KG & Snoop Doggy Dogg, 2 old schools, 2 legends, 2 monsters.

I like the picture.

Twitter: @Theanswer83

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2012, 08:10:39 AM »

Offline TBreezy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23

I was also a fan of Snoop Dogg in the early 2000's. Yes, rap was still a huge back then and his songs are "gangsta". But after he sold rap to mainstream and jumping into reggae, he did not only slap the face of hip hop but also the reggae genre. Bob Marley must be rolling in his grave now.

His hiphop legacy might be cemented now, but it will never reach the level of Pac, Nas, Rakim and many hiphop pioneers.

OK - lets stop with the rhetoric. "Straight Outta Compton" was an N.W.A. record, and Snoop didn't hook up with Dre until much later. Honestly musicians should evolve their music should change as they age and their develop new views and hear new sounds.  I would guarantee that Bob Marley would sound alot more like Steven Marley today, maybe even poppier.

I dig snoop - and make it known Bootsy got his back, and If I needed validation, that would be all it took. Hell - jam on and on and on. And don't let them tell you can't do anything!