Author Topic: Tell Me Something Weird (Life's Funny)  (Read 14466 times)

Re: Tell Me Something Weird (Life's Funny)
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 03:33:15 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
No luck on the card yet  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aINmJ5ieM6Y

?

My own weird story...the day I moved out of college I gave an old Gypsy woman 2 cases of empty soda cans (I guess she wanted the deposit money) and she put two fingers on my forehead and gave me an extended blessing (I assume) in Latin.

...so I got that going for me, which is nice.

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 03:35:05 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

?

My own weird story...the day I moved out of college I gave an old Gypsy woman 2 cases of empty soda cans (I guess she wanted the deposit money) and she put two fingers on my forehead and gave me an extended blessing (I assume) in Latin.

That, and all those 7's! Wasn't 2 of hearts, either.

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2012, 06:27:33 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
First thought:

...which in a nano-second turned into my guess:

...and then I picked up the card:

Whaddayaknow?!

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2012, 08:46:43 PM »

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191
Rather late one weekend night, I asked my girlfriend if she believed in ghosts (I'd had a couple of minor incidents 10 or 15 years ago that were unexplainable). Nothing more recent, except my dog inexplicably barking at the ceiling one night in the apartment I lived in.

As we were walking back into the living room, my iPhone (which was 12-15 feet away) took a flying leap off the armrest of the couch onto the floor.

I was shocked because it happened on cue so I said, "I swear I didn't rig that."

She is a skeptic, however, and claimed that it must have just fallen off thanks to gravity. Never mind that it was on a leather couch and we were 15 feet away.

Respect the iPhone ghosts my friends.

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2012, 09:19:32 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Rather late one weekend night, I asked my girlfriend if she believed in ghosts (I'd had a couple of minor incidents 10 or 15 years ago that were unexplainable). Nothing more recent, except my dog inexplicably barking at the ceiling one night in the apartment I lived in.

As we were walking back into the living room, my iPhone (which was 12-15 feet away) took a flying leap off the armrest of the couch onto the floor.

I was shocked because it happened on cue so I said, "I swear I didn't rig that."

She is a skeptic, however, and claimed that it must have just fallen off thanks to gravity. Never mind that it was on a leather couch and we were 15 feet away.

Similar to something to me and a buddy.  Here's something I posted in the forums a while ago:

Quote from: Roy Hobbs
Quote from: jambr380
Speaking of ghosts, has anybody actually seen a ghost here?

Yeah.  I've actually had three "experiences", all of which freaked me out.

Once, when I was in second grade.  My best friend and I were walking home from school, and saw this white shadowy figure in the third story of a house across from our school.  Not long thereafter, the house burned down.  Still, I was young, and I can explain that away as a weird memory (although my friend has it, too).

Another time in law school, I woke up paralyzed with red lights flashing in my room.  I had this intense feeling of fear, and saw this shadow the size of a rabbit moving across the room, until it went through the wall.  However, that could have just been a particularly lucid dream.

The third one, though...  that was freaky as heck.  My best friend in high school and I were watching a movie above his garage.  Some horror crap by Clive Barker.  There's a key on top of the TV, and it slowly starts to move forward.  Could just be some vibration or something from the TV, right?  Well, the key then moves *off* the TV, and slowly levitates, until it lands flat on the TV stand below.  It moved significantly slower than the speed of gravity, and it didn't bounce one the stand at all -- it was placed there.  I have goose bumps remembering this.  Needless to say, my friend and I both said "did you just see that?" and ran out of the garage.  Later, we tried to replicate the "key trick" by attempting to get the key to fall as it did, and it was obviously impossible.

So, yeah, I know it sounds crazy, and I have no answers for what happened, other than we were stone cold sober.  I'd been a skeptic up until then, but now I absolutely believe in other-worldly powers working here.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2012, 09:48:31 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
My first child was born on my wedding anniversary, which was the same date as my then 95 year old paternal grandmother's birthday and my 58 year old aunt's birthday. November 8th.

My second child was born on my maternal grandmother's 92nd birthday, March 20.

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2012, 09:56:13 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Strange things happen in this world. Ask Dicky Lee:

"Last night at the dance I met Laurie,
So lovely and warm, an angel of a girl.
Last night I fell in love with Laurie -
Strange things happen in this world.

As I walked her home,
She said it was her birthday.
I pulled her close and said
"Will I see you anymore?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0N4nyYS5aA

Then suddenly she asked for my sweater
And said that she was very, very cold.

I kissed her goodnight
At her door and started home,
Then thought about my sweater
And went right back instead.
I knocked at her door and a man appeared.
I told why I'd come, then he said:

"You're wrong, son.
You weren't with my daughter.
How can you be so cruel
To come to me this way?
My Laurie left this world on her birthday -
She died a year ago today."

A strange force drew me to the graveyard.
I stood in the dark,
I saw the shadows wave,
And then I looked and saw my sweater
Lyin' there upon her grave."

I was 13 when I first hard this song on a transistor am radio in my bedroom late one night listening to 1510 WMEX and Arnie "WooWoo" Ginsberg. Got spooked.

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2012, 10:08:00 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

?

+1 to the OP for the fun thread  and...to fairweather

+1 for the great Caddyshack, Bill Murray/Carl Spackler reference/line.

Here's the original, still priceless after all these years;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x-nQ-vPw5k

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2012, 11:00:09 PM »

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191

Similar to something to me and a buddy.  Here's something I posted in the forums a while ago:

Quote from: Roy Hobbs
Quote from: jambr380
Speaking of ghosts, has anybody actually seen a ghost here?

Yeah.  I've actually had three "experiences", all of which freaked me out.

Once, when I was in second grade.  My best friend and I were walking home from school, and saw this white shadowy figure in the third story of a house across from our school.  Not long thereafter, the house burned down.  Still, I was young, and I can explain that away as a weird memory (although my friend has it, too).

Another time in law school, I woke up paralyzed with red lights flashing in my room.  I had this intense feeling of fear, and saw this shadow the size of a rabbit moving across the room, until it went through the wall.  However, that could have just been a particularly lucid dream.

The third one, though...  that was freaky as heck.  My best friend in high school and I were watching a movie above his garage.  Some horror crap by Clive Barker.  There's a key on top of the TV, and it slowly starts to move forward.  Could just be some vibration or something from the TV, right?  Well, the key then moves *off* the TV, and slowly levitates, until it lands flat on the TV stand below.  It moved significantly slower than the speed of gravity, and it didn't bounce one the stand at all -- it was placed there.  I have goose bumps remembering this.  Needless to say, my friend and I both said "did you just see that?" and ran out of the garage.  Later, we tried to replicate the "key trick" by attempting to get the key to fall as it did, and it was obviously impossible.

So, yeah, I know it sounds crazy, and I have no answers for what happened, other than we were stone cold sober.  I'd been a skeptic up until then, but now I absolutely believe in other-worldly powers working here.

The earlier incident was at a bar in the late '80s. I'd had a few beers (four tops) and this upside-down shot glass slid along the bar for no reason horizontally. Just a few inches, but clearly in an unnatural fashion.

The bar was in an old building dating back to the 1800s and there were stories about bartenders dealing with weird crap, sometimes while closing up shop. Glasses moving or falling onto the floor, etc.

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2012, 11:11:27 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
First thought:

...which in a nano-second turned into my guess:

...and then I picked up the card:

Whaddayaknow?!

Do I get points for right # and color?  ;)
Yup

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2012, 03:36:16 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
TPs all around, keep it coming.

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2012, 05:19:44 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
So, tell me something weird.

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2012, 05:26:50 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
true story...an original...not a re-pete (spelling intended)

Two of my friends named Pete happen to be the two who like Pete Townshend the most.  Many years ago I had two tickets to go see Pete.  Pete couldn't go so I asked Pete.  Pete could go, so Pete and I went off to see Pete. 

It was probably the best concert I've ever been to!  Pete should have been there, but I'm glad Pete went.  It was a great show and we still talk about it today.
Yup

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2012, 05:36:24 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
That's a Like, I mean, that's a TP(ete)!  :)

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2012, 01:44:24 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
Well?