Author Topic: Tell Me Something Weird (Life's Funny)  (Read 14524 times)

Tell Me Something Weird (Life's Funny)
« on: August 03, 2012, 06:17:30 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
So, I'm out for a walk the other day and I suddenly see a playing card lying face down on the sidewalk. I went to pick it up but not before I took a guess at what card it would be. One thing entered my mind quickly but it only stayed there maybe for half a second; I almost immediately thought of a different card. When I picked the card up, it was the second one, the one I had guessed. Why does this stuff always happen when you're by yourself?! Anyways, I'll tell you later what the card was but first I want to hear a few guesses from you fine folks here at CB.

I want this thread to be a place where we can share all the funny or weird little things in life that just, well... Make you think. So, if you've got some crazy little tale, please do share.

Note: I am not religious or superstitious or any other -ous, I just wanted to clarify that, so let's keep politics et al. out of it, okay? Thanks in advance.

Re: Tell Me Something Weird (Life's Funny)
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 06:57:57 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Well, the first card that came into my head was the ten of hearts, (not sure why, but there it is).

;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 07:32:04 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
If you stand a certain distance from a wall, (any distance will work), and keep taking steps that are exactly half the distance to the wall, technically you could continue this process forever and never get to the wall.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 07:41:47 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Yeah, stuff like this happens from time to time.  Like, you're singing a song, and you turn on the radio and that song is playing.

In our case, my wife grew up in house #163 on her street when she was younger.  She's always associated this with her mother, who has passed away.  When we moved in together, we noticed there was a car out front that had "163" in its license plate.  It was a cool coincidence, but we didn't think anything major.  Then, a couple of years later, my wife was nine months pregnant.  We ordered takeout food, and the number written on the bag (the order number) was "163".  The next day, we went in for a scheduled doctor's appointment, and they induced my wife, who gave birth to our beautiful daughter.  We take that as her mom's way of saying that she was there watching over her.  Probably hokey, and certainly not logical, but that's how we choose to view it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 07:42:42 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
Well, the first card that came into my head was the ten of hearts, (not sure why, but there it is).

;)

Ha ha, thanks, but that's not it  ;D

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 07:52:15 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
Okay, got one more:
My mother, my grandmother, one of my very good friends and my favorite singer were all born on the same date.

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 08:40:13 AM »

Offline Mr Green

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
Some years ago I was driving my then girlfriend home from work and she asked me where I grew up. We were pretty close by to the house I grew up in, so I said I'd drive past to show her. When we stopped outside the house she asked me why we were stopping there. I told her that we were outside the house that I grew up in when I was in primary school up until my parents sold it. It turned out that my parents had sold that house to someone who a few years afterwards sold it to her parents. So she lived in the exact same house when she was attending high school. I'll never forget the look on her face when I parked outside that house.

We live in a city of about 1,700,000 people, so the odds of that happening are pretty small I think.

Fast forward a few years and she's now my wife. We're very happily married and just had our first son who is 2 months old.

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 08:59:05 AM »

Offline celticmainiac

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
many years ago at the old garden, 2 of my friends bragged for weeks about the 6th row tix they had scored from another friend who worked ibm. right behind the visitors bench! well on a whim myself and another friend decided to go down scalp tix and at least see the game! well the tix we scored were row 5 in front of them for face value! they were seat 5 and 6 we were 6 and 7! i had to give my seat to my friend so he could see over my head!! lol

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 09:27:03 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
A story will get you a Tommy Point (funny or weird or not, doesn't matter - what's important is effort). Keep them coming.

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 09:52:04 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
You picked up this card:

The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 11:37:23 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
You picked up this card:

Nope, not the one either.

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 12:32:57 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
You picked up this card:

Nope, not the one either.

I'm gonna keep it somewhat Celticy and go with 5 or 9 of Clubs, for Garnett or Rondo's number along with a Shamrock.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 12:53:59 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
going with 7 of hearts.

I'll try to remember some stories.  My father call's these "Imagine that?" stories.  Mostly to do with bumping into some random person in some random place who happen to be connected by six degrees of Kevin Bacon type things.
Yup

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 01:09:05 PM »

Offline Bombastic Jones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 53
Some years ago I was driving my then girlfriend home from work and she asked me where I grew up. We were pretty close by to the house I grew up in, so I said I'd drive past to show her. When we stopped outside the house she asked me why we were stopping there. I told her that we were outside the house that I grew up in when I was in primary school up until my parents sold it. It turned out that my parents had sold that house to someone who a few years afterwards sold it to her parents. So she lived in the exact same house when she was attending high school. I'll never forget the look on her face when I parked outside that house.

We live in a city of about 1,700,000 people, so the odds of that happening are pretty small I think.

Fast forward a few years and she's now my wife. We're very happily married and just had our first son who is 2 months old.

i like this story.  happy friday.

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2012, 03:19:25 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
No luck on the card yet  :)