Author Topic: Fun game for NBA 2K fans  (Read 2273 times)

Fun game for NBA 2K fans
« on: August 25, 2012, 09:54:27 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
One of 2K's features is called "trade override."  It allows you to force trades to go through, even if the other team isn't willing to do it.  When I first started playing NBA 2K games, I would use it all the time.  After awhile, though, I would get sick and tired of trading Ray Allen and Jermaine O'Neal for Kevin Durant.

So, here's my challenge for you NBA 2K fans out there:

Create the greatest team possible without using trade override.  You can pick any team, and make as many trades as you wish.  To avoid plugging in random trades, try the "trade finder" feature.  It helps you gauge the value of players on your team and what trades are available.

Here's my team:

PG: Rondo, Maynor, Dooling
SG: Leonard, Terry
SF:  Pierce, Mbah A Moute, Pietrus
PF:  Faried, Odom, Wilcox
C:   Garnett, Udoh, Collins, Thabeet

How it happend:

Ryan Hollins, 2012 1st round draft pick for Eric Maynor

Brandon Bass, Avery Bradley, 2013 first round draft pick for Kawhi Leonard and Tiago Splitter

Ray Allen for Jason Terry, 2012 first round draft pick

Jermaine O'Neal, Etwaun Moore for Luc Richard Mbah A Moute, Epke Udoh

Jajaun Johnson, Greg Stiemsma, 2012 and 2013 second round draft picks for Kenneth Faried

Sasha Pavlovic for Jason Collins

Marquis Daniels, Tiago Splitter for Hasheem Thabeet

Lamar Odom and Chris Wilcox were signed as free agents

I know it's time consuming, but it really makes you feel like a GM.  Once others put up their newly created rosters, we can debate on who has the best team.

Hope you all give it a try!

Re: Fun game for NBA 2K fans
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 10:42:16 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
2 decent-good players for Jermaine O'Neal and E'Twaun Moore.

I was thinking of trying to make a workable franchise mode with Reditor and Excel, using Quick Play instead of the existing Association mode. The mechanics for potential, the trade logic, the effect of coaches...etc. are so broken.

Re: Fun game for NBA 2K fans
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 10:48:12 PM »

Offline YallahCeltics34

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
There's many flaws in 2ks trading system. Pick the Kings and do this. Trade Tyreke Evans, Demarcus Cousins, and their picks for Melo, Dwight Howard, etc. Works every time and you can get a super team going.