Author Topic: 2012 - CB Draft: "How's My Team Look?"  (Read 404761 times)

Re: 2012 - CB Draft: "How's My Team Look?"
« Reply #1455 on: December 07, 2012, 10:36:52 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Knowing what I ended up with (Holiday and Young) I'm still not sure if trading Curry was the right move. I think it was, but...

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #1456 on: December 07, 2012, 11:23:07 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Knowing what I ended up with (Holiday and Young) I'm still not sure if trading Curry was the right move. I think it was, but...

Nope. I understand trading him but you should've hung on to him.

Curry is playing at an MVP level (yep I said it). Juror is coming on his own but, man, Steph is on a whole different level right now. His last 5 games, he's lava hot. Shooting 46% from the floor, a whopping 57% from threes. An he's doing it defensively as well.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #1457 on: December 07, 2012, 11:29:50 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Nope. I understand trading him but you should've hung on to him.

Curry is playing at an MVP level (yep I said it). Juror is coming on his own but, man, Steph is on a whole different level right now. His last 5 games, he's lava hot. Shooting 46% from the floor, a whopping 57% from threes. An he's doing it defensively as well.

Ha, MVP level? Yoki me thinks that be hyperbole. He's hot right now, but he's gonna get cold, and his passing is just all over the place.

But if he can keep his 3pt% above 40% and stay healthy, there is a good chance I made a small error there. Thad young and Jrue are playing well though.

Who had Evan Turner?

« Reply #1458 on: December 07, 2012, 11:44:16 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

If the goal was to win the CB Draft, trading Curry was the right move.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1459 on: December 07, 2012, 11:46:13 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Who was on the 2011 Kings? They sound like a team that could be easily beaten by a Kyle Lowry/James Harden backcourt and a staunch, tough, totes healthy Bogut/Stoudemire frontcourt.

In all honesty, if injuries didn't matter and this game was a video game, I still like that team better in theory.
Yeah in theory Derrick Williams should be able to guard Lebron James of 2011-2012. But then again in theory, being six foot tall I should be able to dunk, even at 47 years old. In theory.

« Reply #1460 on: December 08, 2012, 12:08:06 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

I think that's pretty spot on. He needs a healthy season before people will believe in him.

« Reply #1461 on: December 08, 2012, 12:10:30 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Who was on the 2011 Kings? They sound like a team that could be easily beaten by a Kyle Lowry/James Harden backcourt and a staunch, tough, totes healthy Bogut/Stoudemire frontcourt.

In all honesty, if injuries didn't matter and this game was a video game, I still like that team better in theory.
Yeah in theory Derrick Williams should be able to guard Lebron James of 2011-2012. But then again in theory, being six foot tall I should be able to dunk, even at 47 years old. In theory.

Ha, we'll DW being able to guard Lebron wasn't the biggest part of my defense. It was more centered around Amare still being the amare he looked like during his first half season with the Knicks.

« Reply #1462 on: December 08, 2012, 12:20:27 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Ha, we'll DW being able to guard Lebron wasn't the biggest part of my defense. It was more centered around Amare still being the amare he looked like during his first half season with the Knicks.
There was also something in there about Bogut being some great center....something like that. And....I guess he is but then again so is Greg Oden. ;)

« Reply #1463 on: December 08, 2012, 12:25:56 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

There was also something in there about Bogut being some great center....something like that. And....I guess he is but then again so is Greg Oden. ;)

For 2/3 of a beautiful season Bogut looked like the uncontested 2nd best center in the league, with a pretty convincing case for DPOY. Whenever I see Andrew Bogut, I plan to say, 'We'll always have 2010, big guy.'

Have you followed Bogut this season? His play has been underwhelming (not bad, just rusty) and he went down. But he's one tough sonofabiscuit. I love his quotes.

Speaking of tough guys, Nik Pekovic, I love that guy.

« Reply #1464 on: December 08, 2012, 05:49:48 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Yeah.

Because GM's are pessimistic. They wouldn't give even a tiny bit of positive on situations like Curry. Can't blame me though. Injuries and bad seasons are 50/50 in this setup. It really depends on how you defend it. But I think having Curry over Jrue has no setbacks whatsoever.

Felon and Anthony!
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #1465 on: December 08, 2012, 07:28:53 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

When you say 2011 kings do you mean the best team in Modern CB Draft History?  MVP, Finals MVP and DPOY on the same team.  Not to mention a player with a strong case for MIP (millsap)  That team was unstoppable.  My only regret was not building the team around Lebron as full time point guard. 
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 08:22:05 AM by Rondo2287 »
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #1466 on: December 08, 2012, 08:21:05 AM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Curry shot at the beginniing wass rustyy but now the guy is playing great, if he keeps it up he will be an all star and will be drafted in the first round next year

« Reply #1467 on: December 08, 2012, 10:16:40 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

For 2/3 of a beautiful season Bogut looked like the uncontested 2nd best center in the league, with a pretty convincing case for DPOY. Whenever I see Andrew Bogut, I plan to say, 'We'll always have 2010, big guy.'

Have you followed Bogut this season? His play has been underwhelming (not bad, just rusty) and he went down. But he's one tough sonofabiscuit. I love his quotes.

I love Pekovic.

True story, I picked him in the 2009 or 2010 Pick 2 Draft(can't remember which) when just about no one had ever heard of him. In retrospect, perhaps my best draft pick in any draft on this blog.

« Reply #1468 on: December 08, 2012, 10:21:29 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I love Pekovic.

True story, I picked him in the 2009 or 2010 Pick 2 Draft(can't remember which) when just about no one had ever heard of him. In retrospect, perhaps my best draft pick in any draft on this blog.

Since I'm totally one to brag, I had Pekovic on both my 2008 squad (the Amare/Horford/Gay/Iggy team) and the 2009 World Champion Portland CrotoNats.

My overseas stash on that 2008 was impressive:  Pekovic, Asik, Erden, Arroyo

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1469 on: December 08, 2012, 03:56:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
My overseas stash on that 2008 was impressive:  Pekovic, Asik, Erden, Arroyo
Ya think?