Author Topic: 2012 - CB Draft: "How's My Team Look?"  (Read 407000 times)

Re: 2012 - CB Draft: "How's My Team Look?"
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2012, 09:53:19 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Without Bosh playing tough, beyond what we though or knew he was capable of, LeBron is not a champion. you can't call bosh soft after those playoffs anymore than you can call Lebron a choke artist.

So if I hear you guys right, what you're saying is that neither Bosh nor Lebron could win a championship without each other?

Kinda. Basically I'm saying it's hypocritical to cast Lebron in this new light while not doing the same for Bosh. Kinda like how Kobe shed the 'can't win without Shaq' but casual basketball fans still called Pau soft.

With all due respect, this is just silly.

Lebron elevated his game.  He destroyed teams.  He dominated in every single aspect of the game, from start to finish.

Bosh averaged 14 points and 8 boards in the playoffs while playing poor defense.  He played away from the basket, and struggled to guard opposing bigs.  He has a ring, but his contributions to that ring were only slightly more significant than Antoine's in 2006.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2012, 09:55:08 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Houston Boxers

PG: Russell Westbrook
SG: Paul George
SF:
PF:
C: Marcin Gortat

The Boxers are a happy pack.

Can they win now, or are they a couple of years away?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2012, 09:55:44 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Houston Boxers

PG: Russell Westbrook
SG: Paul George
SF:
PF:
C: Marcin Gortat

The Boxers are a happy pack.

Love the Westbrook and George combo.  Also love the polish hammer.  I think this could be a huge "i told you so" team if George develops into the superstar that many think he can be.  ( though I'm not writing you off by any means)
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2012, 09:56:29 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Without Bosh playing tough, beyond what we though or knew he was capable of, LeBron is not a champion. you can't call bosh soft after those playoffs anymore than you can call Lebron a choke artist.

So if I hear you guys right, what you're saying is that neither Bosh nor Lebron could win a championship without each other?

Kinda. Basically I'm saying it's hypocritical to cast Lebron in this new light while not doing the same for Bosh. Kinda like how Kobe shed the 'can't win without Shaq' but casual basketball fans still called Pau soft.

Lebron elevated his game.  He destroyed teams.  He dominated in every single aspect of the game, from start to finish.

Bosh averaged 14 points and 8 boards in the playoffs while playing poor defense.  He played away from the basket, and struggled to guard opposing bigs.  He has a ring, but his contributions to that ring were pretty similar to Antoine's in 2006.
Bosh didn't play notably poor defense this post season with the exception of his first game back from his strain.

« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2012, 09:58:06 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

Well done there, that's what I'm gathering thanks to this clarification!
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2012, 10:00:44 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
LeBron in all seriousness carried that team. Wade was a no show in every first half. Bosh had the game of his life behind the three point line in game 7.

James was a consistent 30 and 10. It was amazing. There is a reason Wade took the back seat to James. James surpassed him in every way and was without a doubt the best player on the court. Wade's athletic ability is declining before our eyes, his body might seriously be beginning to break down and worst thing is his game is not suited to deal with this.

He can't shoot threes and is inconsistent from far twos. Lebron created a lot for him this past post-season. In my opinion Wade is in the Kobe tier more then the LeBron tier.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 11:02:51 PM by Kane3387 »

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2012, 10:02:58 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Funny Roy I wouldn't expect this level of ridiculous hyperbole and rhetoric until the playoffs. Chris Bosh is not soft, not with what he played through in the playoffs, and how he still managed despite the pain. And comparing him to Antoine in 06? You trying to set some sort of (with all due respect) record for crazy?

Are we in a playoffs matchup right now? Did i go on a mescalin binge for a few weeks and suddenly come-to? It would explain a lot. Nowhere else would Roy Hobbs be saying these (with all due respect) horribly silly and preposterous things. Does the movie inception have something to do with this? Flubber?

And Rondo, he's European, it's different!

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2012, 10:03:20 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Lebron elevated his game.  He destroyed teams.  He dominated in every single aspect of the game, from start to finish.

Bosh averaged 14 points and 8 boards in the playoffs while playing poor defense.  He played away from the basket, and struggled to guard opposing bigs.  He has a ring, but his contributions to that ring were pretty similar to Antoine's in 2006.
Bosh didn't play notably poor defense this post season with the exception of his first game back from his strain.

His defense was pretty poor.  The reason it might not have been "notable" was because he played against some pretty poor PFs in the Heat's run.  He got a hobbled Amare, and then Steve Novak.  Amare still shot 56% against him, including 62% in the final three games.  Next was David West for one game (West outplayed him).  Then on to KG and Brandon Bass, neither of whom is a dominant inside player.

« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2012, 10:05:19 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo

Lebron would have won a championship with probably 45 other big men other than Ru Paul.  He just needed somebody competent.  He won three games against Boston with either no contribution from Bosh, or a minimal one.

OK, but three games doesn't win a playoff series.  And the way Boston came out in game 7, Lebron loses that game without Chris Bosh.  I'm not concerned with soft or not soft, what I know is that Lebron is still a choke artist who can't get it done in the postseason if Bosh didn't come back for games 6 and 7.

Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2012, 10:08:48 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Funny Roy I wouldn't expect this level of ridiculous hyperbole and rhetoric until the playoffs. Chris Bosh is not soft, not with what he played through in the playoffs, and how he still managed despite the pain. And comparing him to Antoine in 06? You trying to set some sort of (with all due respect) record for crazy?

Are we in a playoffs matchup right now? Did i go on a mescalin binge for a few weeks and suddenly come-to? It would explain a lot. Nowhere else would Roy Hobbs be saying these (with all due respect) horribly silly and preposterous things. Does the movie inception have something to do with this? Flubber?

Antoine Walker, 2006 playoffs: 13.3 points, 5.6 rebounds

Chris "Ru Paul" Bosh, 2012 playoffs: 14.0 points, 7.8 rebounds

Not all that dissimilar, my friend. 

« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2012, 10:10:38 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Lebron would have won a championship with probably 45 other big men other than Ru Paul.  He just needed somebody competent.  He won three games against Boston with either no contribution from Bosh, or a minimal one.

OK, but three games doesn't win a playoff series.  And the way Boston came out in game 7, Lebron loses that game without Chris Bosh.  I'm not concerned with soft or not soft, what I know is that Lebron is still a choke artist who can't get it done in the postseason if Bosh didn't come back for games 6 and 7.

Anyone who would have called Lebron a choke artist if the Heat had lost this year, after the way he played, should have their eyes plucked out and replaced by hot coals, because they don't deserve to watch the sport of basketball.

Miami would have won a title with probably 45+ other big men.  Replace Lebron with any player in the league, including Durant, and the Heat fall short.

« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2012, 10:16:06 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Cant you guys just compromise and acknowledge that you each have starters with week stomachs?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2012, 10:16:12 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo

His defense was pretty poor.  The reason it might not have been "notable" was because he played against some pretty poor PFs in the Heat's run.  He got a hobbled Amare, and then Steve Novak.  Amare still shot 56% against him, including 62% in the final three games.  Next was David West for one game (West outplayed him).  Then on to KG and Brandon Bass, neither of whom is a dominant inside player.

Roy, you're usually very convincing, but not so much here.

By what standards was it poor?

Your criticism of Bosh's defense is summed up by this:
-Well, he played against a hobbled player in round 1.  (He can't help whether his opponent is hobbled or not)
-He was outplayed for one game by David West.  (You're talking about the game Bosh got injured in the middle of and only played 15 minutes in!  Even if so, one game doesn't say much.)
-KG is not a dominant inside player.  (KG was a top 7 player of this postseason.  And I know you watched the games, so I don't see how you missed him establishing low post presence frequently and doing work inside and outside all throughout the playoffs.  Also, Bosh guarded KG immediately coming back from (probably prematurely considering the series score) an injury.)

« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2012, 10:21:10 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Antoine Walker, 2006 playoffs: 13.3 points, 5.6 rebounds

Chris "Ru Paul" Bosh, 2012 playoffs: 14.0 points, 7.8 rebounds

Not all that dissimilar, my friend.  

I'm not going to engage in how Chris Bosh is better than Walker in 2006 because frankly that's ridiculous.

I can't talk to you when you're worked up like this. Go have a warm glass of sanity, hug a kitten, watch a documentary by the BBC about jellyfish, and come back to the real world.

And when you stop referring to one of my players who returned premptively from injury to contribute to his team, likely saving their title run in the process despite great pain and suffering to himself as 'Ru Paul', I'll be happy to discuss this further. I know my awesome squad threatens you, but you can't let your fear rule you like this.

We miss you Roy. Well Edgar does. He wants you to come back.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2012, 10:23:30 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo

Anyone who would have called Lebron a choke artist if the Heat had lost this year, after the way he played, should have their eyes plucked out and replaced by hot coals, because they don't deserve to watch the sport of basketball.

Miami would have won a title with probably 45+ other big men.  Replace Lebron with any player in the league, including Durant, and the Heat fall short.

Lebron played very well amazingly this postseason (there you go, Roy, you're welcome).  The "choke artist" label wouldn't be because he played poorly.  It would simply remain from his past and the only thing that could rid him of that label is winning a title.  If he didn't win one, again, alongside a top-5 player in the league, then he doesn't shed that label no matter how well he plays. 

No way.  20 other of the game's top big men, sure.  Not 45+.  Without Bosh going off, Heat lose game 7 and Lebron still has no ring.  I repeat, Lebron wouldn't have won the ring without Bosh.