Author Topic: 2012 - CB Draft: "How's My Team Look?"  (Read 404748 times)

Re: 2012 - CB Draft: "How's My Team Look?"
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 07:30:06 PM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
C - Al Jefferson
PF - Josh Smith
SF
SG
PG - Brandon Jennings

I personally value Jefferson a lot higher than most of the managers; he's very consistent and quietly puts up big numbers out in Utah. His defense may be a little suspect, but he's good for a few blocks here and there.

I'd like to shake things up a little bit, but I haven't really found any trades that catch my eye.

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 07:32:44 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
CB Draft Phoenix Suns:
1. Steve Nash
2. ?
3. ?
4. Kevin Love
5. Joakim Noah
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 07:33:06 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
C - Al Jefferson
PF - Josh Smith
SF
SG
PG - Brandon Jennings

I personally value Jefferson a lot higher than most of the managers; he's very consistent and quietly puts up big numbers out in Utah. His defense may be a little suspect, bust he's good for a few blocks here and there.

I'd like to shake things up a little bit, but I haven't really found any trades that catch my eye.

I like Big Al a lot offensively, but I don't like Smith and Jennings beside him on offense.

I like Smith a lot defensively, but I don't love any team defense with Big Al in the middle.

I guess I just don't love the "fit", and I'd like to see a point guard who is more accustomed to running an offense.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2012, 07:34:16 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
C - Al Jefferson
PF - Josh Smith
SF
SG
PG - Brandon Jennings

I personally value Jefferson a lot higher than most of the managers; he's very consistent and quietly puts up big numbers out in Utah. His defense may be a little suspect, but he's good for a few blocks here and there.

I'm not as high on Al Jeff as you are, but regardless I think it's a poor fit. Brandon Jennings and Josh Smith don't want to, and won't play Al Jefferson's brand of basketball.

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2012, 07:34:45 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
CB Draft Phoenix Suns:
1. Steve Nash
2. ?
3. ?
4. Kevin Love
5. Joakim Noah

I am not a Noah fan, at all, but next to Love he makes sense.  Two hustle guys in the front court, with Noah being capable of defending the more talented opposing big man.  I love Nash to get open looks, although you'll need to find a couple of strong wing defenders.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2012, 07:35:40 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
PG: Nene
SG: ?
SF: ?
PF: Lamarcus Alridge
C: Al Horford

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2012, 07:35:45 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Philly:

pg: Ty Lawson
sg: Arron Afflalo
sf: Paul Pierce
pf: Paul Millsap
c:

I like my team so far given the options I had. Three up and comers lead by the veteran captain. Solid outside shooting and defense, more so on the perimeter. Without a center, we obviously lack real size and rebounds.

Will look for a center with my next pick or should I get anxious, I'll look into trading for a current center.  
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2012, 07:38:01 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
C - Al Jefferson
PF - Josh Smith
SF
SG
PG - Brandon Jennings

I am not as down on Jefferson as others are. I think he needs a good defender with him in the frontcourt. Smith is an athletic specimen, but I don't know if he's that kind of player Al needs to play with.

Offensively, Al puts up numbers, but he might need someone to spoon feed him. Not sure if Jennings is that guy.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2012, 07:38:32 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

Was FORCED to take Lawson at 3.4 since the best available PG was already taken.

Since one of those three will likely be moved, I'd personally ship Horford for a top PG or SG. Athletic SG might be easier to get than some top PG's.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2012, 07:39:05 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
CB Draft Phoenix Suns:
1. Steve Nash
2. ?
3. ?
4. Kevin Love
5. Joakim Noah

Great core to build around. High IQ players. Noah and Love should really love playing together, and Nash makes everyone around him better. Wings will be key.

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2012, 07:39:37 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

No Aldridge at SG?

A savvy GM once suggested to me that the one way a team with a mid- to late-round pick could win this thing was to build a formidable front line and ride that to victory.  This is that strategy in action.  It's definitely going to get you into the playoffs.  I'll be curious, though, to see if you can contend.

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2012, 07:41:27 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

Was FORCED to take Lawson at 3.4 since the best available PG was already taken.

Since one of those three will likely be moved, I'd personally ship Horford for a top PG or SG. Athletic SG might be easier to get than some top PG's.

Not overtly concerned with a pg, there's still a ton of really good ones left.

We'll see if we end up moving one. I'm becoming slowly obsessed with the idea of being able to capitalize on 2 of the 3 of them always being in the game and fresh. Could punish starting lineups and murder benches.

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2012, 07:41:35 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
CB Draft Phoenix Suns:
1. Steve Nash
2. ?
3. ?
4. Kevin Love
5. Joakim Noah

I am not a Noah fan, at all, but next to Love he makes sense.  Two hustle guys in the front court, with Noah being capable of defending the more talented opposing big man.  I love Nash to get open looks, although you'll need to find a couple of strong wing defenders.
Why are you not a fan of Noah? What don't you like about his game?

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2012, 07:42:07 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Philly:

c:

I like my team so far given the options I had. Three up and comers lead by the veteran captain. Solid outside shooting and defense, more so on the perimeter. Without a center, we obviously lack real size and rebounds.

Will look for a center with my next pick or should I get anxious, I'll look into trading for a current center.  

Very solid.  Somebody mentioned this earlier, but I think the real question mark is whether you have the truly elite superstar talent to win.

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2012, 07:42:28 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
Philly:

c:

Love the Denver backcourt. I like Millsap too. Is Paul the right fit at SF? I get you want him for scoring and leadership, but he seems out of place to me. Maybe I'm wrong.