Author Topic: 2012 - CB Draft: "How's My Team Look?"  (Read 406934 times)

Re: 2012 - CB Draft: "How's My Team Look?"
« Reply #1305 on: August 09, 2012, 10:11:39 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Eastern Conference
Pistons
Bulls
Hawks
Celtics
Wizards
Pacers
Magic
Knicks
Cavaliers
Nets
Sixers
Heat

Western Conference
Mavericks
Suns
Clippers
Blazers
Lakers
Hornets
Warriors
Thunder
Nuggets
Spurs
Rockets

« Reply #1306 on: August 09, 2012, 10:12:43 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Eastern Conference

Bulls
Hawks
Pacers
Celtics
Pistons
Knicks
Wizards
Cavaliers
Magic
Nets
Heat
76ers

Western Conference

Mavericks
Lakers
Blazers
Hornets
Suns
Nuggets
Warriors
Clippers
Thunder
Jazz
Spurs

Can I ask what you didn't like about the Jazz?
I don't buy Asik as a center that can start playing against the best centers in the league nor do I buy him playing well for more than 20-22 MPG.

I think Randolph feel back into immature, team killing ZBo when he returned last year and his coach had to relegate him to the bench because of it.

Gallinari, Haywood, Morrow, Bynum are all poor defenders, and my last impression of Kirilenko was him sleeping walking through his last few years in Utah. I am not convinced he has any fire left, especially to be an off the bench player.

I said it in the presser. I just don't like the mix and lack of big men depth and defense from players playing big minutes.

« Reply #1307 on: August 09, 2012, 10:13:47 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
No love for Okc ? Tremendous depth and a starting 5 that works well together. Superstat bigman and rising star tyreke Evans. Bargnani is a 3rd option...

I think your team suffers from having two guys that CelticsBloggers are down on presently:  Tyreke and Bargnani.  There are probably a dozen players who, for whatever reason, hurt a team just by having them.  Monta, Mo Williams, Bargnani, Tyreke...  Sometimes guys can shed a perception, though, like Zach Randolph.

You've gotta know where the line is where you're just pushing them too much.

For example, with Bargnani, 25 minutes a night as a super-sub I thought you can sell on a contender.

As a second scoring option, and on a team with Andrew Bynum as the leader? Notsomuch.

Tyreke Evans for me, almost the same exact situation. Selling him as a 6th man to give a different look on a team with strong vet leadership, I think he could be a difference maker.

Yeah.  You've also got to put a ton of work into selling guys.  For instance, with Randolph that dude used to be the equivalent of cancer.  He was getting moved around the league like a hot potato, and we decided to gamble on him (in a move involving Bargnani, I believe).  At that point, we needed to spend a ton of time showing folks that Randolph had matured, and just how dominant his numbers were.  In other words, we scrubbed away the negative perception to the best of our ability.

With Tyreke and Bargs, you've got to convince folks.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1308 on: August 09, 2012, 10:23:52 AM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
No love for Okc ? Tremendous depth and a starting 5 that works well together. Superstat bigman and rising star tyreke Evans. Bargnani is a 3rd option...

I think your team suffers from having two guys that CelticsBloggers are down on presently:  Tyreke and Bargnani.  There are probably a dozen players who, for whatever reason, hurt a team just by having them.  Monta, Mo Williams, Bargnani, Tyreke...  Sometimes guys can shed a perception, though, like Zach Randolph.

You've gotta know where the line is where you're just pushing them too much.

For example, with Bargnani, 25 minutes a night as a super-sub I thought you can sell on a contender.

As a second scoring option, and on a team with Andrew Bynum as the leader? Notsomuch.

Tyreke Evans for me, almost the same exact situation. Selling him as a 6th man to give a different look on a team with strong vet leadership, I think he could be a difference maker.

Yeah.  You've also got to put a ton of work into selling guys.  For instance, with Randolph that dude used to be the equivalent of cancer.  He was getting moved around the league like a hot potato, and we decided to gamble on him (in a move involving Bargnani, I believe).  At that point, we needed to spend a ton of time showing folks that Randolph had matured, and just how dominant his numbers were.  In other words, we scrubbed away the negative perception to the best of our ability.

With Tyreke and Bargs, you've got to convince folks.

Wasnt bargs playing great before he got injured last year? Tyreke and bargs are not cancers so I don't get all the hate. Last year a team with Kobe and rondo didn't make the playoffs either so I guess I can't win.
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #1309 on: August 09, 2012, 10:57:57 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

I'm not sure Mo Williams is still on that list. I think he's shown to be an effective role player.

« Reply #1310 on: August 09, 2012, 11:21:49 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I'm not sure Mo Williams is still on that list. I think he's shown to be an effective role player.

I like Jack better for me, but I would've been okay with Mo Williams in the same role if I had to. I think he's found his niche.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #1311 on: August 09, 2012, 12:02:51 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Eastern Conference:
Pistons
Bulls
Wizards
Pacers
Magic
Boston
Knicks
Nets
Cavs
Heat
76ers

Western Conference
Dallas
Lakers
Blazers
Clippers
Jazz
Suns
Golden State
Hornets
Nuggets
Thunder
Rockets
Spurs

Thats my pre-emptive ranking.  Havent voted yet

Pretty solid rankings i didnt know who to put first between the bulls and the pistons i went with the bulls but i think in a head to head piston would win

« Reply #1312 on: August 10, 2012, 12:05:00 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Hey, how come no ones talking about our fake league? Did I miss something?

« Reply #1313 on: August 10, 2012, 12:08:41 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Hey, how come no ones talking about our fake league? Did I miss something?

It must be the start of NFL preseason.

« Reply #1314 on: August 10, 2012, 12:13:33 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I voted!
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #1315 on: August 10, 2012, 12:21:40 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Wondering if the Cavs made the playoffs. If not, I'll trade Melo next season to rebuild.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #1316 on: August 10, 2012, 12:25:50 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Wondering if the Cavs made the playoffs. If not, I'll trade Melo next season to rebuild.

Maybe you can land Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Harrison Barnes. ;)

I'm very interested to see how the playoff seeding comes out, as well.  There could be some epic matchups, especially in the second round.

Also, I'm hoping for a Dallas / Golden State matchup in the first round, just because a CB Draft without a RH vs. TWW conflict is no CB Draft at all.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1317 on: August 10, 2012, 12:27:19 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I sent my vote in. when do we here results?

« Reply #1318 on: August 10, 2012, 12:28:27 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
Eastern

1) Chicago
2) Detroit
3) Boston
4) Atlanta
5) Washington
6) Indiana
7) New York
8) Orlando
9) Brooklyn
10) Cleveland
11) Miami
12) Philadelphia

Western

1) Portland
2) Dallas
3) Los Angeles Lakers
4) Phoenix
5) Utah
6) Los Angeles Clippers
7) New Orleans
8) Oklahoma City
9) Golden State
10) Denver
11) San Antonio
12) Houston

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #1319 on: August 10, 2012, 12:29:00 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I sent my vote in. when do we here results?

It depends.  I think IP wanted to compile them, but he's getting married tomorrow, so......